Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login issues fixed? I think not!

MimzelMimzel Member UncommonPosts: 375

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/67348-EU-Recovery-from-Several-Worlds-Login-Difficulties-(Aug.-25)

According to this post the login issues of NA/EU are supposed to be fixed. I try logging in, but my client cant contact the NA/EU datacenter.

Comments

• TheRedGrTheRedGr Member UncommonPosts: 14
    Originally posted by Mimzel

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/67348-EU-Recovery-from-Several-Worlds-Login-Difficulties-(Aug.-25)

According to this post the login issues of NA/EU are supposed to be fixed. I try logging in, but my client cant contact the NA/EU datacenter.

Same error here....getting tired of this s**t

• I'm not having any issues, except the servers being full. The queue isn't working either.
  • kartoolkartool Member UncommonPosts: 520

The latest News in the launcher has a link about login limitations that says:

After the emergency maintenance on the North American/European data Worlds which was conducted from 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. on Aug. 25, to confirm the optimization of the matching server for the Duty Finder, we will be limiting the login more than usual. We will be relieving the limitation gradually as we see oversee the status.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may caues, but we would like to ask for your continued cooperation to make this a stable environment.

Which sounds to me like they're going to throttle logins to see how long it takes for the Duty Finder server to puke then shut the servers down again. It's apparently that they have a pretty big issue with their server architecture and how the Duty Finder/instances work. I doubt this will be something they are able to fix quickly.

• dreamsofwardreamsofwar Member Posts: 468

4 beta's and they couldn't fucking fix this?

I thought if open beta went smooth then early access would be easier. It's a nightmare!

• MimzelMimzel Member UncommonPosts: 375

Kartool, that's right, but that was a message from the earlier maintenance this morning. AFAIK they werent throttling user log-ins, but the max amount of groups allowed to use duty finder simultaneously.  This worked for the most part during the day, but then people started having general login errors instead.

People not being able to log in / contact data centers seems to be a bug, and not a method SE is using to throttle population.

• SmoeySmoey Member UncommonPosts: 599
    Can't even find the server list.

(\ /) ?
    ( . .)
    c('')('')

Oh and I still cant get contact with the NA/EU centers. Now I even get a "sorry the server is full, please try again later" (1017 error) when logging into my japanese char lol ^^
  • PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589
    I spent almost an hour creating my archer and now the freaking servers are dead.
  • Angerfist1Angerfist1 Member Posts: 11

I experienced the same problem where the server list would not appear.  That problem resolved itself a few minutes later. 

The biggest questions I have are how many people are allowed on the server at one time and what are the technical specifications of their servers.  Perhaps they did not get strong enough hardware.

This is only the Early Release date and NOT the final version, so all complaints should take that into account.

Originally posted by Angerfist1

I experienced the same problem where the server list would not appear.  That problem resolved itself a few minutes later. 

The biggest questions I have are how many people are allowed on the server at one time and what are the technical specifications of their servers.  Perhaps they did not get strong enough hardware.

This is only the Early Release date and NOT the final version, so all complaints should take that into account.

This worries me. This is only early access, and the servers are tanking. What about the day after tomorrow when the flood gates open?

Kartool, that's right, but that was a message from the earlier maintenance this morning. AFAIK they werent throttling user log-ins, but the max amount of groups allowed to use duty finder simultaneously.  This worked for the most part during the day, but then people started having general login errors instead.

People not being able to log in / contact data centers seems to be a bug, and not a method SE is using to throttle population.

That is the latest message (1:09pm) after the last downtime.  It's right there in your launcher. They are purposely severely limiting logins at the moment because they don't know if they've fixed the duty finder.

Which means all complaints are relevant since we are no longer in beta. Early Access is not beta, it's early access to the final version of the game for people who pre-ordered.

• SmoeySmoey Member UncommonPosts: 599
    The game releases in two days. This does not provide a reasonable time frame to fix this problem especially if the servers need changing.

(\ /) ?
    ( . .)
    c('')('')

• dreamsofwardreamsofwar Member Posts: 468

Technically the early access client IS the launch client. This is the full version of the game. If it can't handle things now then I am dreading launch. 

After the emergency maintenance on the North American/European data Worlds which was conducted from 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. on Aug. 25, to confirm the optimization of the matching server for the Duty Finder, we will be limiting the login more than usual. We will be relieving the limitation gradually as we see oversee the status.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may caues, but we would like to ask for your continued cooperation to make this a stable environment.

-----------------

Yes, this is from 19pm this evening, but as you can read yourself, it simply tells you what they did this morning.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

-----------------

Yes, this is from 19pm this evening, but as you can read yourself, it simply tells you what they did this morning.

They just posted another update on the launcher.

I wasn´t able to get in the past couple hours. Now the Queue was back and I was able to get in within 1 minute.

Happily playing again now. :-)

• plescureplescure Member UncommonPosts: 397
    well i can now finally see my characters and the na/eu server list but im now getting the code 1017 "world is currently full"

If someone is talking in general chat in a language you dont understand, chances are they're not talking to you. So chill out and stop bitching about it!

• Dudek28Dudek28 Member UncommonPosts: 226
    Originally posted by plescure
    well i can now finally see my characters and the na/eu server list but im now getting the code 1017 "world is currently full"

As am I

-----------------

It states right in the message that they are limiting logins more than usual! There has not been an update yet saying they've lifted the login limitations so as far as we know they are still in effect. That's why we're all sitting here instead of playing...

• TheRedGrTheRedGr Member UncommonPosts: 14
    Originally posted by kartool

-----------------

It states right in the message that they are limiting logins more than usual! There has not been an update yet saying they've lifted the login limitations so as far as we know they are still in effect. That's why we're all sitting here instead of playing...

In other words they are telling us that they are not confident of their own work with the duty server....

• KnightblastKnightblast Member UncommonPosts: 1,787
    Originally posted by TheRedGr
    Originally posted by kartool

-----------------

In other words they are telling us that they are not confident of their own work with the duty server....

More likely they are trying to very, very gradually increase the load on it so that they can tell exactly where the tipping point is that causes it to fail.