Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

how the fuck is server full within 20 seconds of them opening again?

2»

Comments

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

This topic portraits perfectly why I never pre-order or want early acces.

These things happen, I already know this from experiance I will never set myself up with excitement to be able to play the first.

Now I rather wait till all has settled when the game is already a few months pass release, it gives me a far better change to get to know the game because even with very limited gaming time I still like to take my time in a MMORPG.

Trust me I definitly feel the frustration, but I have witnessed more games with similar issue to have to come to this state of first wait awhile regardles how much I would love to play some game.

• NafunieruNafunieru Member UncommonPosts: 152

This is a prime example of horrible planning on SE's part and a crappy system. The duty finder server system is dumb, especially when it's tied into main story quests that need to be completed to unlock things in-game.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong here, but am I right in saying that there's currently no auto-kick feature for AFKers?

So basically, now that I can't even get into a login queue, I'm supposed to randomly check in from time to time to see if I get lucky enough to login, wait till it's super late at night when there's less people trying to log on, or just not play the game at all?

This would be acceptable if the game was still in beta, but let's be honest here, these issues will still be around come Tuesday when the game "officially" launches. Pretty piss poor experience so far.

• tovontotovonto Member UncommonPosts: 40
  • aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

LOL.

Already getting Error: 1017.

I'd make some joke about this being 'Final Error Online' or something, but I think we all know this isn't the last of them. Dunno what's funnier, the way the servers are being handled, or the people on here trying to defend them.

• EverKing87EverKing87 Member UncommonPosts: 67
    yea well im not even seeing my characters its saying i cant connect to na/eu servers, fucking SE!!!
  • DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994
    Originally posted by Vutar
    Originally posted by rush1984

i am so fuckign sick of this , what i hate more is people defending them...

they have more japan nese servers than na and eu combined WTF  japan is a fucking small island  are they retarded or what?

Not exactly how I would have put it but that pretty much sums up the problem. I have no idea what would have made them think that Japan needed more servers than NA and EU combined.

So there actually are two of you out there.....

Here's how it goes. More anticipated players in Japan. There.

To give an example for the really really smart people in the room. The game has a BIG following in Japan. They anticipated 2million players there and only 1 million (just throwing a number out there) in the states and Euro. They anticipate more players...hence more servers.

• sabiosusabiosu Member UncommonPosts: 33

At least some can try to play. Now are 36h since it is impossible to make a character on Moogle EU if you did'nt play on beta 4 you preety much screwed as this server NEVER yet opened up for new palyers.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

Be glad there is such a huge interest in the game.

They are communicating everything in the launcher:

2013/08/25 16:21  Several Worlds Login Difficulties (Aug. 25)

We are currently experiencing technical difficulties wherein players are unable to log into the North American/European data center Worlds on FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn. The issue is being addressed, and new updates will follow as additional information becomes available.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

[Date & Time]
    From Aug. 25, 2013 6:39 a.m. (PDT)

[Details]
    Unable to log into several Worlds.

[Affected Worlds]
    North American/European Data Center Worlds
    - Moogle
    - Odin
    - Shiva
    - Cerberus
    - Faerie
    - Coeurl
    - Exodus
    - Diabolos
    - Adamantoise
    - Ultros
    - Midgardsormr
    - Malboro
    - Goblin
    - Cactuar
    - Gilgamesh
    - Leviathan
    - Behemoth
    - Balmung
    - Ragnarok
    - Sargatanas
    - Excalibur
    - Hyperion
  • AlamarethAlamareth Member UncommonPosts: 570
    Sigh...now it's getting silly.
  • DragviperDragviper Member UncommonPosts: 100

My main character already made home in a Japanese server due all the NA/EU issues, and since the first hour of  early access (Actually at 1:56am PDT) I got online and playing without stop for a long time (still tired today)

I know the frustrations of most players, but maybe if we are patient and do other thing while we wait and avoid more unnecessary rage and hate for something that escape from our hands, then maybe we can enjoy the game once is working fine for everyone.

I'm sure SE are working nonstop to fix every issue, lets be patient :)

• CernanCernan Member UncommonPosts: 360

They clearly stated in the launcher notes, lodestone, and anywhere you care to look that World population was lowered to extremes while they monitor logins and activity.  They said they would ramp up the logins throughout the day.  They also stated they map stop new character creation while analyzing activity.  Learn to read.

• ElshiraElshira Member UncommonPosts: 44
    Feel for you guys having problems.  I almost got the preorder but  decided to wait at the last second.   Hope they fix it for all of you.
  • XUoToXUoTo Member Posts: 8
    Originally posted by JeroKane

Be glad there is such a huge interest in the game.

They are communicating everything in the launcher:

2013/08/25 16:21  Several Worlds Login Difficulties (Aug. 25)

We are currently experiencing technical difficulties wherein players are unable to log into the North American/European data center Worlds on FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn. The issue is being addressed, and new updates will follow as additional information becomes available.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

[Date & Time]
    From Aug. 25, 2013 6:39 a.m. (PDT)

[Details]
    Unable to log into several Worlds.

[Affected Worlds]
    - Moogle
    - Odin
    - Shiva
    - Cerberus
    - Faerie
    - Coeurl
    - Exodus
    - Diabolos
    - Adamantoise
    - Ultros
    - Midgardsormr
    - Malboro
    - Goblin
    - Cactuar
    - Gilgamesh
    - Leviathan
    - Behemoth
    - Balmung
    - Ragnarok
    - Sargatanas
    - Excalibur
    - Hyperion

If you are going to Post something please make sure it is accurate, this is the Old message from when maintenance was still ongoing. They have since released two others. 

[Follow-up] Recovery from Several Worlds Login Difficulties (Aug. 25)

During the following time period, players were unable to log into the North American/European data center Worlds on FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.

We are pleased to announce that the issue has been addressed. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

[Date & Time]
    Aug. 25, 2013 from 6:39 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. (PDT)

[Details]
    Unable to log into several Worlds on FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.

[Affected Worlds]
    - Adamantoise 
    - Balmung 
    - Behemoth 
    - Cactuar 
    - Cerberus 
    - Coeurl 
    - Diabolos 
    - Excalibur 
    - Exodus 
    - Faerie 
    - Gilgamesh 
    - Goblin 
    - Hyperion 
    - Lamia 
    - Leviathan 
    - Malboro 
    - Midgardsormr 
    - Moogle 
    - Odin 
    - Phoenix 
    - Ragnarok 
    - Sargatanas 
    - Shiva 
    - Siren 
    - Ultros

Login Limitation After Emergency Maintenance (Aug. 25)

After the emergency maintenance on the North American/European data Worlds which was conducted from 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. on Aug. 25, to confirm the optimization of the matching server for the Duty Finder, we will be limiting the login more than usual. We will be relieving the limitation gradually as we see oversee the status.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may caues, but we would like to ask for your continued cooperation to make this a stable environment.

We are still unable to login because they are "monitoring" the duty finder system and controlling the game population. This to me, says that they have no idea why the issues are still ongoing, they wouldn't need to be monitoring anything if the issues were resolved as they previously proclaimed. My assumption in this "notice" is that they are watching the number of people logging in to find out exactly at what number of people trigger the bugs occur, and where in their framework the bugs start.

Just a theory and I could be wrong. This could also just be them being overcautious and watching the population to make sure the bugs are gone completely. Regardless, It's a headache they should have resolved.