Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

english server?

DeadlobsterDeadlobster Member UncommonPosts: 126
Any particular EU server that is predominantly english?

Comments

• AlberelAlberel Member Posts: 1,121

Moogle was originally chosen during open beta but the French decided to also all play there which has caused the server to turn into a cesspool of French vs English arguments in global chat. It's also been locked since early access started so no point even considering it.

Due to the server locks on character creation no one else has really been able to designate an alternative unofficial language server which has resulted in everyone being spread out. I hear Shiva is predominantly German though so steer clear of that one if you want English speakers. The rest are a fairly equal mix of all languages.

• YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094

The servers are all located at the same location, so there isn't an issue of lag between officially tagged servers.

Therefore you can join the NA ones without worry.

Though if that doesn't help you, then I'm sorry to say I don't have the information you're looking for at the moment.

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • DeadlobsterDeadlobster Member UncommonPosts: 126
    Appreciate that. I remember being stuck on a predominantly Italian wow server a few years ago. Not a pleasant memory :) 
  • AngelxxAngelxx Member Posts: 81
    I reccomend Odin. Moved there from Shiva, there were way too many German speakers there. So far Ive encourted English speakers only on Odin and it's quite popular.
  • BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662

I'm on cerberus and there are german french and other languages (Maybe) on chat but not always.

I know it sucks I'll try and find a good linkshell.

(I wouldn't mind italian since I at least would understand what they are saying)

• SmoeySmoey Member UncommonPosts: 599
    Odin seems to have a large English player base. I do not understand the problem with people speaking their own language, unless you're specifically speaking to them, there is no problem. This game has quite a lot of closed-minded individuals. 

(\ /) ?
    ( . .)
    c('')('')

• KrematoryKrematory Member UncommonPosts: 608
    I play in Shiva, and there's a huge german comunity in there. I don't mind people speaking their own language in local, but I'm a bit worried about not being able to comunicate with some party mates in the future... Hopefuly I'll find an english speaking guild.

"EVE is likely the best MMORPG that you've never really understood or played" - Kyleran