Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Square needs to learn how to launch an MMO...

NirrtixNirrtix Member Posts: 173
There is a reason most do this in waves. I like many games square-enix makes, but this one is a joke. I have launched many MMO's, but this one is something else. I for one will be blocking my payment. I also learned why many did not buy the game from square.

Nirrtix
ALPHAs:
-Pantheon
-Shroud of the Avatar
-Camelot Unchained
BETAs:
-World of Warcraft
-City of Heroes
-Star Wars Galaxies
-Saga of Ryzom
-Homeworld
-Starcraft II
-Warcraft III
-Hearthstone
-Star Wars The Old Republic
-Vanguard Saga of Heroes

Comments

• kabitoshinkabitoshin Member UncommonPosts: 854
    Oh no another bad launch for an MMO, get over it dude all launches have gone bad.
  • PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589
    MMos are almost impossible to have a perfect launch..
  • IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751
    I think you should re-title that Blizzard, Square, Trion, NC soft, Arenanet, SOE, and CCP need to learn how to launch an MMO... :-)  As I've not seen ANY of them have a good solid launch.
  • scottdxscottdx Member Posts: 11
    Originally posted by Ikeda
    I think you should re-title that Blizzard, Square, Trion, NC soft, Arenanet, SOE, and CCP need to learn how to launch an MMO... :-)  As I've not seen ANY of them have a good solid launch.

This ^^^ 

OP, your obviously not familiar with the industry's launch record, as they ALL have huge issues at the start.  Get a grip, take a deep breathe and realize its nearly impossible to facilitate hundreds of thousands of people and in some cases millions, logging into a handful of servers worldwide.  

• MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701

If somebody else would learn how to BUILD a mmorpg, we wouldn't need SE to launch anything.

As it stands, I'll take ARR's launch, thanks.

• ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    dont forget guys tis is not really new game. been out 3 year... they should have done better job.
  • Aldous.HuxleyAldous.Huxley Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 418
    Originally posted by Arskaaa
    dont forget guys tis is not really new game. been out 3 year... they should have done better job.

This is a new game.

• MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701
    Originally posted by Arskaaa

It's pretty much an entirely new game. So much changed over 1.0 that it can't even qualify as any sort of relaunch, it's a fresh launch. Could they have done better? Probably. The game is very worth the issues imo.

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059
    Sure, there are typically annoyances when launching a new MMORPG and most of it can be taken in stride but there are degrees of pain in your bottom in these endeavors and SE is falling too far into the red particularly by locking servers with no transfers allowed so guilds can group up to play some where. At least they have not botched all the credit card charges yet though...
  • slikeytreslikeytre Member UncommonPosts: 40
    I kinda have to agree somewhat with the OP. I've been through a ton of launches but I've never seen one like this.... Something breaks(this normally happens)... Its fixed... Wait no its still broke... Its fixed.... Wait no its still broke Sorry!... Its fixed.... No still broke... That's how its been... There has been more downtime post early access than phase 4 in beta. The error existed in beta but they thought they fixed it... Really don't see why they didn't extend beta another day with such a huge issue popping up outta the blue and a quick fix done before servers went offline until Early access...  I just get the feeling that they don't know what there doing when normally you feel like its just temp launch bugs.  But yea game is amazing and i'm trying to be patient.