Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This has SWG's crafting!

ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309

I've played 30+ MMOs and I've never seen any game come as close as Firefall does to replicating SWG's amazing crafting system.  I very much mean this a compliment to the game.  

If you either miss SWG crafting/resource system or never saw it but have heard about how great it was, I suggest you check out FF. 

Obviously it's not 100% identical, and one big difference is that you pretty much HAVE TO to do combat, but still.  Zomg - awesome.  Scouring the world for best materials to make your weapon the way you want it = pure win.

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
Currently Playing: ESO

Comments

• facehuggerfacehugger Member Posts: 1
    Play a bit longer you can reach lvl 4 items after a few weeks. And then you will see that all craftet items have an repair pool and get lost quite fast even if you don't die. And you can't get good items for every slot cause you don't have enough cpu or mass.
  • ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309
    Originally posted by facehugger
    Play a bit longer you can reach lvl 4 items after a few weeks. And then you will see that all craftet items have an repair pool and get lost quite fast even if you don't die. And you can't get good items for every slot cause you don't have enough cpu or mass.

Yeah, i've figured all this out already.  Makes sense and keeps the economy going having to remake items.  Also makes sense that you need to manage exact which stats on the item you want to increase and which ones to decrease in order to keep the requirements down.  Makes for even more unique builds and tradeoffs.  

I've died tons with my T3 crafted rifle so far and it's still good.  So the items last quite a bit, especially if you add durability during crafting - another good option.  

All these things you mention make the system better and deeper imo.

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    Originally posted by arieste

I've played 30+ MMOs and I've never seen any game come as close as Firefall does to replicating SWG's amazing crafting system.  I very much mean this a compliment to the game.  

If you either miss SWG crafting/resource system or never saw it but have heard about how great it was, I suggest you check out FF. 

Obviously it's not 100% identical, and one big difference is that you pretty much HAVE TO to do combat, but still.  Zomg - awesome.  Scouring the world for best materials to make your weapon the way you want it = pure win.

I knew Jack Kennedy sir and you are no Jack Kennedy.

• Astro6Astro6 Member UncommonPosts: 247

While on the surface it looks like swg crafting it is NOT you will spend days killing hissers to get enough dna to make 1 part this is boring as hell hour after hour killing hissers it only get worse on higher tier items you will be spending weeks killing hissers not my idea of fun.

While i like playing this game and crafting it's just getting too tedious also on top end items you will wait 6 days to craft 1 item and there are only 2 slots sooo............

Bad thing about the game for example is that chosen dropped sniper rifles are far superior than crafted rifles  the only reason to have a crafted rifle is durability otherwise the damage even on a white quality item is over 100% more dps.

Also the good resources are mined out very fast and there is a very long wait between resource changes i have spent days looking for decent deposits with no luck because of the size of the world it does not take long to mine all the good stuff.

• avalon1000avalon1000 Member UncommonPosts: 791
    Originally posted by Astro6

While on the surface it looks like swg crafting it is NOT you will spend days killing hissers to get enough dna to make 1 part this is boring as hell hour after hour killing hissers it only get worse on higher tier items you will be spending weeks killing hissers not my idea of fun.

While i like playing this game and crafting it's just getting too tedious also on top end items you will wait 6 days to craft 1 item and there are only 2 slots sooo............

Bad thing about the game for example is that chosen dropped sniper rifles are far superior than crafted rifles  the only reason to have a crafted rifle is durability otherwise the damage even on a white quality item is over 100% more dps.

Also the good resources are mined out very fast and there is a very long wait between resource changes i have spent days looking for decent deposits with no luck because of the size of the world it does not take long to mine all the good stuff.

This is a killer for me. My Raptor is now tier 4 on power, but a decent Chosen Charge Rifle (blue) is 107k Cy. It will take me a while to get that as I am still making battle frame advancement items for mass. The game chews through cy like candy. It is a little over the top.