Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SE Winning. Know how to tell?

Lets see... Think Kobe Bryant, Tiger Woods, Michael Jordan, Ray Lewis.

You know what they have in common with THIS game?

Passionate massive following of haters almost as much if not more than their fanboys.

Haters coming out in DROVES out of nowhere with something to say, in conjunction with more threads/posts i've seen in months on this website for any other game.

Servers are all struggling to stay online and maintain capacity when only those who paid to pre-order can even access the game?

Congratulations SE, you were the first to reboot a MMO and achieve such success and it has most definitely been confirmed by the evidence drawn above.

To those continuing to pray for F2P or the game shutting down in 6 months, I'll be here to read/remember all of your desperate threads/posts while also laughing at the hypocrisy while you continue to be bored surfing forums because other mmo's are trash or dead, or even worse your too embarrassed to bring up in comparison.

EDIT:  Haters does not = success.  Haters and success have an undeniable correlation.  If ALL you have is haters obviously its just massive fail, but the amount of praise this games been generating the last few months in conjunction with this insanely high number of haters DOES correlate with success.  As per the examples.  This thread was created after reading countless posters knock this games music, graphics, among other things i find to be reaching for an excuse to hate when compared to other games. While it could respectfully be someones opinion, i doubt it and find with the vast number of senselessness tossed around, find the hater correlation theory more plausible.

Comments

• Elegance92Elegance92 Member Posts: 93
    By your logic, FFXIV 1.0 was a huge success.
  • SoulSurferSoulSurfer Member UncommonPosts: 1,024

YES WINNING!

Damn Emergency Maintenance.... NOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo

BRB 3HRS!

So much fun, I once lost that loving feeling, but it's now BACK!

• AlamarethAlamareth Member UncommonPosts: 570
    Tiger Woods has haters because....he's a massive douche.  That's no measure of success.  o_O
  • SoulSurferSoulSurfer Member UncommonPosts: 1,024
  • jskeets916jskeets916 Member Posts: 154
    Originally posted by Alamareth
    Tiger Woods has haters because....he's a massive douche.  That's no measure of success.  o_O

Again when you equate massive douche with what 90% of men would do if they could smell 1/10th of his wealth you know what that makes you?

Wait for it....

Wait for it...

Come on keep it coming where the rest of you haters at?

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

Meh, I say let them hate and just ignore their posts.  All-the-while we're having a good time, besides these maintenance periods, which should be expected for all newly launched MMOs 

To those that keep complaining they should get early access again for having bought the game 3 years ago...thats a huge ROFL!  

As for ARR going F2P, don't count on that ever happening!   There is one major difference with Square Enix and pretty much every other MMO dev in existence.  They don't have investors to pay back, demanding their money.  SE paid for the development of both FFXIV 1.0 and ARR in its entirely.  Same with FFXI, and why it's still P2P at 11 yrs old,  its pure profit for them, why would they stop asking for more money if they don't owe it to anyone but their own pockets!  heh

Thus far, its looking like ARR is going to be a huge success for them, so once they get their investment costs back, it'll be nothing but pure profit again, so why go F2P!?  Better get used to paying to play again because its making a comeback with ESO and Wildstar too.

• Jairoe03Jairoe03 Member Posts: 732

How come out of the 4 listed, 3 of them are just giant douchebags? Kobe Bryant, Tiger Woods and Ray Lewis all have done something wrong in the past. Ray Lewis, accomplice to an unresolved murder, Kobe Bryant, charged with rape also with an iffy aftermath, Tiger Woods, okay so he cheated on his wife, still makes him a douchebag and it practically broke a great portion of his career.

So no, I would much prefer to keep those 3 as far away from FFXIV in terms of any analogy. I mean the only thing these would have in common is that those 3 with FFXIV all have a questionable history.

• AlamarethAlamareth Member UncommonPosts: 570
    Originally posted by jskeets916

Again when you equate massive douche with what 90% of men would do if they could smell 1/10th of his wealth you know what that makes you?

Wait for it....

Wait for it...

The guy is a womanizing bastard who happens to also be successful at golf and getting sponsors.  I'd neither want to be him nor will I ever be like him.  I have a thing called dignity.

I also happen to like FFXIV, just pointing out your logic is nonexistent.

• ZenIrishChaiZenIrishChai Member UncommonPosts: 527
    Attracting a massive following of haters is hardly a success story or a 'win'. image Any game with hype and advertising can attract this attention, especially when it's Square Enix. Don't get me wrong. I love FFXIV so far and I'm not worried. I've already seen enough to be interested in playing it for the long run, but if they get a ton of people demanding refunds and the majority of players don't stick around to sub then this won't be a success for them. It's too early to say one way or the other (speaking of the majority - not of my personal interest in the game)
  • flclimaxflclimax Member UncommonPosts: 92
    so did Anet already take over the world? lol.
  • bansanbansan Member Posts: 367
    Originally posted by Elegance92

WTF logic is that?

Jesus Christ, how dense are you?

You said in your OP that the "evidence" for the success of this game is that there are a lot of haters.  No game was hated on harder than 1.0, so by your "logic" that game was a huge success.

I guess it's too much to ask to try to understand what other people say, but for god's sake at least understand what you yourself are saying.

Originally posted by Jairoe03

How come out of the 4 listed, 3 of them are just giant douchebags? Kobe Bryant, Tiger Woods and Ray Lewis all have done something wrong in the past. Ray Lewis, accomplice to an unresolved murder, Kobe Bryant, charged with rape also with an iffy aftermath, Tiger Woods, okay so he cheated on his wife, still makes him a douchebag and it practically broke a great portion of his career.

So no, I would much prefer to keep those 3 as far away from FFXIV in terms of any analogy. I mean the only thing these would have in common is that those 3 with FFXIV all have a questionable history.

Um the douche bags(your opinion), Kobe and Ray were both acquitted so glad your a mad hater.  Being tried and not convicted does not = guilty.  Unless your a bitter hater that is than you can call Ray an accomplice and Kobe a rapist, thanks for proving my point too bad the courts disagree with you.

Tiger Woods more PGA wins or majors than anyone on the tour (not even close), with an easy 20 years left in his career.  I never said these individuals have set the bar for moral character, but they are human like everyone else and I know you've never had women INTERNATIONALLY throw themselves at you like Tiger so imo not a fair judgement/comparison to be passed.

Continue?

• IsaneIsane Member UncommonPosts: 2,630

Wait for it....

Wait for it...

The guy is a womanizing bastard who happens to also be successful at golf and getting sponsors.  I'd neither want to be him nor will I ever be like him.  I have a thing called dignity.

I also happen to like FFXIV, just pointing out your logic is nonexistent.

I am not sure anyone cares one jot , you will never be like him because regardless of what you think he is a sporting superstar. And has success beyond anything you could ever dream of.

Yes FFXIV take 2 will be a great success as well, shame you don't like it the logic is sound.

Originally posted by bansan

WTF logic is that?

Jesus Christ, how dense are you?

You said in your OP that the "evidence" for the success of this game is that there are a lot of haters.  No game was hated on harder than 1.0, so by your "logic" that game was a huge success.

I guess it's too much to ask to try to understand what other people say, but for god's sake at least understand what you yourself are saying.

How dense are you?

Correlation of haters and success does not = causation of success.

It is in conjunction with the games high marks of praise from the FF and other gaming communities, 1mil + beta apps, did you read my post?

I said what it has in common, not the source of its success or else it would have been a larger post indeed.

Google some of those words you might understand them.

Um the douche bags(your opinion), Kobe and Ray were both acquitted so glad your a mad hater.  Being tried and not convicted does not = guilty.  Unless your a bitter hater that is than you can call Ray an accomplice and Kobe a rapist, thanks for proving my point too bad the courts disagree with you.

Tiger Woods more PGA wins or majors than anyone on the tour (not even close), with an easy 20 years left in his career.  I never said these individuals have set the bar for moral character, but they are human like everyone else and I know you've never had women INTERNATIONALLY throw themselves at you like Tiger so imo not a fair judgement/comparison to be passed.

Continue?

Not sure if its worth continuing since you obviously take everything at face value, something quite often kids tend to do. I mean with a name like jskeets which is border-line reportable...no maybe I won't continue. The analogy obviously doesn't stick aside from the negatives. FFXIV has no type of successful history that those 4 have had to date and again do more homework before responding with an unenlightened response.

Just because someone was acquitted, doesn't mean they weren't guilty plus I purely was talking about how the cases gone unresolved...that's quite obviously not talking about the aftermath of the trial as more to do with if they didn't do it, who did (unsolved murder) and why did the woman come out in the first place with a bold accusation (which kobe bryant admitted to a sexual encounter and made a public apology).

Oh let me guess, you didn't think OJ did it either even after releasing a book with some point of contention. I'll let the media string you along their cookie crumb trail like they do with most people like yourself. That will be all for you, good day, sir.

• vzerovvzerov Member Posts: 125

^ this

and so is Gaddafi, I am pretty sure he is wining too.

• NetSageNetSage Member UncommonPosts: 1,059
    I think a better sign is that servers are still being slammed.  Does this mean long term success?  No, but it's a good start :P.
  • MattatronMattatron Member Posts: 226

Passionate massive following of haters almost as much if not more than their fanboys.

Haters coming out in DROVES out of nowhere with something to say, in conjunction with more threads/posts i've seen in months on this website for any other game.

Servers are all struggling to stay online and maintain capacity when only those who paid to pre-order can even access the game?

Congratulations SE, you were the first to reboot a MMO and achieve such success and it has most definitely been confirmed by the evidence drawn above.

To those continuing to pray for F2P or the game shutting down in 6 months, I'll be here to read/remember all of your desperate threads/posts while also laughing at the hypocrisy while you continue bored surfing forums because other mmo's are trash or dead, or even worse your too embarrassed to bring up in comparison.

EDIT:  Haters does not = success.  Haters and success have an undeniable correlation.  If ALL you have is haters obviously its just massive fail, but the amount of praise this games been generating the last few months in conjunction with this insanely high number of haters DOES correlate with success.  As per the examples

I read this as meandering diatribe and hyperbole. None of it makes sense. I can't even fit it into some, "well you could say that about anything" aspect and make it make sense.

This game has nothing to do with cream-of-the-crop black athletes.

I certainly don't see the degree of fanboism I've seen from other games. Certainly gw2 wins any reward in that respect.

Servers aren't "struggling to stay online". They're doing emergency hotfixes for something that broke, actions common to new game releases, mmos or otherwise.

This is not the first game to launch a reboot, successful or otherwise.

The last 2 paragraphs don't even make sense. This whole thread reminds me of the south park "chewbacca picture" and "this does not make sense". It's not our comprehension. It is silly, and OP needs to figure out what he's really upset about in his life, then come back in a few months with a clear head.

• PanthienPanthien Member UncommonPosts: 559

What do they all have in common? Adultery..

Seriously though. Imo its too early to tell if they are winning or not, I play the game and I have a blast playing it, but as far as winning.. I cant even tell how long I think I'll last playing this.

Originally posted by Jairoe03

Continue?

Not sure if its worth continuing since you obviously take everything at face value, something quite often kids tend to do. I mean with a name like jskeets which is border-line reportable...no maybe I won't continue. The analogy obviously doesn't stick aside from the negatives. FFXIV has no type of successful history that those 4 have had to date and again do more homework before responding with an unenlightened response.

Just because someone was acquitted, doesn't mean they weren't guilty plus I purely was talking about how the cases gone unresolved...that's quite obviously not talking about the aftermath of the trial as more to do with if they didn't do it, who did (unsolved murder) and why did the woman come out in the first place with a bold accusation (which kobe bryant admitted to a sexual encounter and made a public apology).

Oh let me guess, you didn't think OJ did it either even after releasing a book with some point of contention. I'll let the media string you along their cookie crumb trail like they do with most people like yourself. That will be all for you, good day, sir.

So your post, with your previous post in mine asserting ray and kobe were douchbags and using their cases as evidence, attempts to assert that because the murdur case is unsolved and kobe admitted to having sexual encounters that they are douchebags?

I'm sorry but that was your original point that you wanted to pass judgement on these men as "douchebags" and all you have is there's an unsolved murdur and someone slept with a female legally.

Unless your against heterosexuality or fault someone for being accused and acquitted of murdur, I don't see your grounds for insulting either of them.  Not to mention my post was about winning, and how your success and number of haters correlate.  Didn't say they should be nominated for father's of the year award.

To argue with the initial success of FFXIV 2.0 is to argue with a fact of reality.  Whether it continues remains to be seen.

And I do see that your stance is the one in alignment with the media, kobe being a rapist and ray a murdur, statements repeated daily on espn and other sport column boards.  So ya watch out for that media cookie crumb trail your referring to.

• BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959
    Originally posted by Mattatron

I read this as meandering diatribe and hyperbole. None of it makes sense. I can't even fit it into some, "well you could say that about anything" aspect and make it make sense.

This game has nothing to do with cream-of-the-crop black athletes.

I certainly don't see the degree of fanboism I've seen from other games. Certainly gw2 wins any reward in that respect.

Servers aren't "struggling to stay online". They're doing emergency hotfixes for something that broke, actions common to new game releases, mmos or otherwise.

This is not the first game to launch a reboot, successful or otherwise.

The last 2 paragraphs don't even make sense. This whole thread reminds me of the south park "chewbacca picture" and "this does not make sense". It's not our comprehension. It is silly, and OP needs to figure out what he's really upset about in his life, then come back in a few months with a clear head.

First person to throw the race card in there, congratulations on earning your hater certificate almost immediately.  Sorry they are black and successful and if that is upsetting to you...

Can you read?  I said this LEVEL of success for a reboot, so come back with an example or you just posted something completely illogical.

The fanboism for this game undoubtedly runs high, given the IP and the fact its been rebooted with its number of legacy members and new gamers, did I say largest group of fanboi's ever? Don't really get your GW2 point of contention although it is debatable...

The issues have come to light due to the number of players participating in instances and teleporting is higher than the server load could handle without receiving errors for many individuals.

They are not allowing new characters to be created on a variety of servers, I know because several of my friends are unable to join our group's server due to such issues.  Which is a form of population control when servers are reaching capacity...

So yep totally decimated your post on the logic front.

Next?

• MattatronMattatron Member Posts: 226
    Is there a function on this site for me to put this trash-talking, crazy jackass on ignore?
    Is there a function on this site for me to put this trash-talking, crazy jackass on ignore?

Definitely it's called use your self-control to not click on the thread and create multiple responses?

Its ok I already reported based on the post above yours. Nothing that guy said was racial at all besides a quite obvious observation that the athletes were black (and successful as inferred by "cream of the crop"). I don't think the OP can take that not many people actually get the "analogy" that was originally trying to be presented.

This discussion has been closed.