Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

eve f2p

Comments

• kovahkovah Member UncommonPosts: 692

The OP hates EVE-Online and has made that clear in every single post about this game he/she has ever posted.

That said:  /wags finger - Y'all posting in a troll thread!

Cheers,

k

• uplink4242uplink4242 Member UncommonPosts: 258

I can sense the OP is butthurt about losing something and now wants to preach about the end of the game so he can feel better.

Eve is already f2p for good players.

• Quazal.AQuazal.A Member UncommonPosts: 859

runs around... anooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Eve is dying, ................................ hellllllll quick guys get in the 

final fantasy version 94 (heck thats the version of FF we will be on before eve is closed)

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game where of course you're welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
    Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

• meadmoonmeadmoon Member UncommonPosts: 1,344
    Originally posted by apanz3r
    Originally posted by Krematory
    Not this again, please. EVE won't go free to play. It won't happen. Ever.

Yah , the same was told about every game and all went f2p, including games that had HUGE budget and IP .

You must be one of those that bought BPOs at the price of 7 years profit .

They know that the heat is approaching, see eve-valkyry

Ultima Online would like to have a word with you...

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    d) None of the above

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• TorcipTorcip Member UncommonPosts: 669
    Eve is steadily gaining more and more subscribers, why would they go f2p. Star Citizen is going to be nothing like Eve, not everyone likes twitch combat.
  • PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

No they don't for one...

If eve did... no. Sorry, its just very boring and the ONLY way you go anywhere is to join a corperation. Its just all 'money money money' where wealth = power simple enough. The only time any bit of skill comes into play is with organized grouping,  which still gives huge emphasis on wealth with little the player does to really effect the outcome outside the strategy of who to attack and when.

I am looking for a great space sim game trust me, it would be awesome. Eve is just a terrible one at that, more for those who like the 'money crunching' elements then action/adventure and the likes. I'll stick with dungeon crawlers if I want to do the number crunching type fun for having the fun (even if at times very simple) combat elements to play with

• NagelRitterNagelRitter Member Posts: 607

Yeah the pay model works for now because you play eve or play what  : pandas?

In 2 years you will play eve or star_citizen or elite dangerous or one of the many space_games from kickstart.

Yeah I am gonna wait until those games actually show something first, talk is cheap...

Truth is, people are willing to pay for quality. That's all EVE is. It will only go F2P if it becomes a shitty game.

Favorite MMO: Vanilla WoW
    Currently playing: GW2, EVE
    Excited for: Wildstar, maybe?

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Where is the option for EVE wont' ever go F2P?
  • apanz3rapanz3r Member UncommonPosts: 273
    Originally posted by Purutzil

No they don't for one...

If eve did... no. Sorry, its just very boring and the ONLY way you go anywhere is to join a corperation. Its just all 'money money money' where wealth = power simple enough. The only time any bit of skill comes into play is with organized grouping,  which still gives huge emphasis on wealth with little the player does to really effect the outcome outside the strategy of who to attack and when.

I am looking for a great space sim game trust me, it would be awesome. Eve is just a terrible one at that, more for those who like the 'money crunching' elements then action/adventure and the likes. I'll stick with dungeon crawlers if I want to do the number crunching type fun for having the fun (even if at times very simple) combat elements to play with

I think at begining eve was supose to be a nice space sim but in time somehow this idea got lost.

All becomed money, blob and numbers.

I am not quite sure why CCP give up on initial ideeas, maybe they focused too much on failed projects like DUST, world of darkness and God know what other failed projects. 

• GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,791
    F2p is nothing more then a "ding joint". Players don't get the benefit from the ding joint...the con artists do.

Let's party like it is 1863!

Originally posted by Gruug
    F2p is nothing more then a "ding joint". Players don't get the benefit from the ding joint...the con artists do.

World of tanks looks pretty solid game to me. Is free to play and is 100 times bigger than eve.

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

I am not quite sure why CCP give up on initial ideeas, maybe they focused too much on failed projects like DUST, world of darkness and God know what other failed projects. 

I just want to point out that WoD is not a failed project per se. But if your gold shitting goose is doing a tango with a chainsaw it is very unwise to try and build a new front porch to save it.

Or more plainly, they had manage to piss the Eve crowd off so badly they needed to put extra focus on saving Eve as it is very difficult to make new games without money.

Dust... Well if you are going to make a game engine to handle people, why not build a game around it to test it. (also the idea is kinda awesome on paper, who would not like to be on the way to a boring and send if a few orbital strikes) but i think it did sort of fail so i give you that one.

This have been a good conversation

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614

World of tanks looks pretty solid game to me. Is free to play and is 100 times bigger than eve.

Really?

didnt know it was  a server with 50k or more tanks on it.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

Originally posted by Robokapp
    Originally posted by Muke
    Originally posted by Enkindu2

Eve will never be F2P.  Their subscription model works. 

Of course if you are good at the game it already IS F2P.

this.

It's easy as fk to earn enough  ISK to support your account(s) with plex or 60d GTC.

Do you  ENJOY farming in eve?  What is the FUN in killing the 500 spawn in a belt, or blitzing the mission for 1000 time ?

Do you do that for any other reason except getting isk ? Is a pure reptitive job without any fun or sense of acomplishment.

sir I must ask you something serious here.

you are asking an eve player if he thinks eve's fun.

what do you think can possibly happen when you do that ?

I didnt asked if eve is fun. I asked if farming in eve is fun.

I have only one problem with eve: it rquires too much RL money sink, 2-3 accounts, 2-3 plexes for ships per months.

I think CCP is simply too greedy, and take money from eve players and instead of doing something USEFULL in eve they start fuktup projects.

Honestely since i started playing eve (~2003-2004) i don;t recall any change except capitals/supercapitals.

The rest was just some hal-implemented ideea without much tought (like factional warfare and incursions) or simply dunb like avatar and woliking in station.

And what pisssed me most in eve was their inability to put a loging system so any petition don;t get back straight away an "our logs show nothing" . Basically you could *work* one week to farm for a ship and loose it due to a desinc and they would simply piss on your head.

And i will ask another question to you: WHO DO YOU THINK BOUGHT LIKE HOT CAKES HUNDRED OF CAPITALS WITH LIFETIME INSURANCE IN STAR CITIZEN   IN 10 MIN PAYING 1250$ A SHIP ?

Not mentioneing who spent ~16 mil in ships with lifetime insurance.

If you don;t see the picture here you must be in denial.

• ArakaziArakazi Member UncommonPosts: 911

this.

It's easy as fk to earn enough  ISK to support your account(s) with plex or 60d GTC.

Do you  ENJOY farming in eve?  What is the FUN in killing the 500 spawn in a belt, or blitzing the mission for 1000 time ?

Do you do that for any other reason except getting isk ? Is a pure reptitive job without any fun or sense of acomplishment.

I will compare with other games:

World Of Tanks: free to play, while you farm you actually play the game. I can;t say i have more fun with an end game tank than with a tank in the middle of the path.

WOW: leveling is a bit boring but once you are max level you actually play the game, not prepare to play the game.

StartrekOnline: leveling is actually very fun, once max level and start farming there is still a bit of lore and lot of content including user generated.

Fucking hell... get a job. If you have a job and cannot afford to pay the small sum of a subscription then you have problems that need sorting out and shouldn't be wasting hours upon hours playing games.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

Really?

Not that I think comparing EVE to WoT is a valid comparison to begin with, your argument really is weak.

Originally posted by GeezerGamer

Really?

Not that I think comparing EVE to WoT is a valid comparison to begin with, your argument really is weak.

I bringed this argument just to show a succesfull free to play game.

About the game itself : wot delivers what i need, PVP in 30 sec from the moment i loged in. If i die i can pvp again 30 sec later.

In eve you *may* have pvp  2-3 times per week and if you die probably you will have to do logistic and farm days until you pvp again OR throw some RL money and sell a plex. Still most likely you will not manage to catchup with the roam gang so will be next day.

• KrematoryKrematory Member UncommonPosts: 608

In eve you *may* have pvp  2-3 times per week and if you die probably you will have to do logistic and farm days until you pvp again OR throw some RL money and sell a plex. Still most likely you will not manage to catchup with the roam gang so will be next day.

So... you are bad at the game?

"EVE is likely the best MMORPG that you've never really understood or played" - Kyleran

• ArakaziArakazi Member UncommonPosts: 911
    x
    Originally posted by Krematory

So... you are bad at the game?

LOL. Do you PVP with guys that don;t engage/undock unless they have 10:1 number superiority ?

Don't be ashame, like 9/10 of eve population is doing this and call themselves pvpers.

• GrayKodiakGrayKodiak Member CommonPosts: 576

Dear OP,

You lost your ship, this is a sad moment I understand, in fact I think you will find many people will feel your pain who play Eve, who among us has not jumped through the wrong gate at the wrong time and realized what a terrible mistake was made? Who has not dared the universe by going in places we should not have been and been rewarded with our warp drive shut down and our hard earned ship being dismantled around us by lasers and drones?

The tears you shed as your armor was slowly lower and your grey bars turned that distastefully shade of red, as you finally get ejected into the cold embrace of space and then, in a fit of devil inspired insanity, your foe decides to destroy your cradle of life and you are whisked away to a clone many many star systems away with all your well designed implants so much dust on the great ocean of space.

We feel for you, those of us who have stayed in high security space just to see the maniacal suicides of others, who gave their life up just to see our ship explode in a blaze of fire and shrapnel, these self destructive celestial arsonist who bring so much pain to so many. Yet we acknowledge this simple quote from long ago "If anyone is crazy enough to want to kill a Person in High Sec Space, he can do it. All he must be prepared to do is give his life for the High Sec Kill."

You weep because the only change you see is the fact that someone has destroyed your chariot in the stars, fear not even now there are others who are building new ships, building new stations and harnessing the powers of the planets themselves just so that you can have a new chariot. So grab your mining laser, your small freighter and forge ahead into the darkness knowing that while your life may be over as you know it, it is not over. This is the dark time before the dawn, the eve of your rise to greatness.

....or go play with tanks.

Originally posted by Arakazi

this.

I will compare with other games:

World Of Tanks: free to play, while you farm you actually play the game. I can;t say i have more fun with an end game tank than with a tank in the middle of the path.

WOW: leveling is a bit boring but once you are max level you actually play the game, not prepare to play the game.

StartrekOnline: leveling is actually very fun, once max level and start farming there is still a bit of lore and lot of content including user generated.

Fucking hell... get a job. If you have a job and cannot afford to pay the small sum of a subscription then you have problems that need sorting out and shouldn't be wasting hours upon hours playing games.

EVE doesn not worth the level of RL money you need to put in it if you don;t want to farm heavely and be competitive.

I supose you haven'r read all so i will repeat: 

You need at least 2 accounts in eve (scout/main, cyno/cap, pvp/farm etc).If you do pvp you need to  buy plexes to cover your ship loses (please spare me of the noob stuff like you bad at game etc).

SO you are put in face of about 60$/month for eve. Which is not a big amount but simply EVE does not deliver enough to pay this.

Now if it would be free to play i would not mind to chip in now and then (i do this in other f2p that i play).

Originally posted by GrayKodiak

Dear OP,

You lost your ship, this is a sad moment I understand, in fact I think you will find many people will feel your pain who play Eve, who among us has not jumped through the wrong gate at the wrong time and realized what a terrible mistake was made? Who has not dared the universe by going in places we should not have been and been rewarded with our warp drive shut down and our hard earned ship being dismantled around us by lasers and drones?

The tears you shed as your armor was slowly lower and your grey bars turned that distastefully shade of red, as you finally get ejected into the cold embrace of space and then, in a fit of devil inspired insanity, your foe decides to destroy your cradle of life and you are whisked away to a clone many many star systems away with all your well designed implants so much dust on the great ocean of space.

We feel for you, those of us who have stayed in high security space just to see the maniacal suicides of others, who gave their life up just to see our ship explode in a blaze of fire and shrapnel, these self destructive celestial arsonist who bring so much pain to so many. Yet we acknowledge this simple quote from long ago "If anyone is crazy enough to want to kill a Person in High Sec Space, he can do it. All he must be prepared to do is give his life for the High Sec Kill."

You weep because the only change you see is the fact that someone has destroyed your chariot in the stars, fear not even now there are others who are building new ships, building new stations and harnessing the powers of the planets themselves just so that you can have a new chariot. So grab your mining laser, your small freighter and forge ahead into the darkness knowing that while your life may be over as you know it, it is not over. This is the dark time before the dawn, the eve of your rise to greatness.

....or go play with tanks.

Lol, you have tallent at writing stuff.  MAybe YOU should pursue a carrer that use this tallent.

BUT I haven't lost any ship, actually i stopped playing eve for some time because i couldn;t be bothered to do all the stuff to replace the lost ships. Was simply too much trouble.

i guess you fail to read, or just in denial.

WHO DO YOU THINK BOUGHT LIKE HOT CAKES HUNDRED OF CAPITALS WITH LIFETIME INSURANCE IN STAR CITIZEN   IN 10 MIN PAYING 1250$ A SHIP ?

Not mentioneing who spent ~16 mil in ships with lifetime insurance ?