Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Game will not install

Hey, hoping I can find some help here.

Running Windows Vista (32-bit). I downloaded the file today, tried to install it a few times. It just locks up my system. No installation window opens, there is no indication that anything is happening other than what sounds like my hdd spinning. But then the system just freezes up and I have to hard boot.

Tried googling this and found one article with the same issue. Person suggested running in XP SP3 compatibililty. I don't have SP3, tried it in SP2 but no luck, just another system hang up.

Anyone have this issue or know of a solution?

Comments

• thecrapthecrap Member Posts: 433

this is a rare problem indeed if the compatibility solution didnt work it could possibly mean a corrupt download?

I am using windows 7 pro 32 and havent encountered any errors where did you download the file?

this should be the proper place and latest version

http://global.netmarble.com/about/download/index.asp

• AglarannaAglaranna Member Posts: 204

Downloaded it yesterday evening. I even deleted it the first time it hung up and downloaded a 2nd time. Wondering if I should download XP Service Pack 3 but I can't find the non-network version of it.

• just2duhjust2duh Member Posts: 1,290

Downloaded via Internet Explorer? IE can sometimes cause issues with downloads bigger than 3gb. That's about all I can think of causing problems.

Not familier with vista but maybe try running in all compatibility modes and as administrator before redownloading it all again with a different browser. 

I downloaded this game myself over the weekend, from the offical site too I think (edit: yeah used their marble station downloader), and it worked as it should. (Not a bad game either, a nice change of pace if nothing else, tutorial was pretty painful though.)

Well here's the situation:

• Running Windows Vista 32 bit

• Downloaded UWO using Netmarble Station Launcher (not IE)

• Tried installing UWO as Administrator in Windows XP (SP2), Windows 2000, Windows 98 compatibility modes (and of course the first time in Vista).

• My hard drive starts spinning so it seems like something is happening but there is no installation window, and after about 5 minutes my PC stops responding to all commands. I have to shut it down by holding down the power button.

• When I reboot, my PC wants to run a disk check.

Going to post this in their Tech forum and see if anyone responds.

• OsirrusOsirrus Member Posts: 55
    Your hard disc starts spinning?

Are you trying to install to a 2nd hard drive? Not the C drive?

Just a thought, but some games really don't like being installed to a secondary drive.

Originally posted by Osirrus

Your hard disc starts spinning? Are you trying to install to a 2nd hard drive? Not the C drive? Just a thought, but some games really don't like being installed to a secondary drive.

There's no option for me to redirect the installation. When I downloaded the file, I downloaded it to my C: (primary) drive. Once it's done I am simply double-clicking the .exe file, since there's no other installation file only the app file.

• NortonGBNortonGB Member UncommonPosts: 279

Fist of all check your PC meets the minimum recommended specifications:

Minimum Requirements:

CPU: Pentium 3 800MHz

RAM:  256 MB

HDD: 9 GB Free

Graphics Card: 32mb

Recommended Specification:

CPU: Pentium 4 2.6 GHz or higher

RAM: 1 GB or more

HDD: 10 GB Free

Graphics Card: GeForge 6600 GT or better.

Media Client Downloads << click here

IMPORTANT

Your 'C' drive needs at least 4GB free before downloading temporary compressed client even if you intend to install onto a different drive like 'D'

Ideally you want 10Gb free on drive C - Before install, Set your disk 'C' to run a scandisk - open my computer, right click on drive C, select properties & make sure there is 10GB free.

Then click on tools tab at top, select 'check now' & re-boot. If not enough space, go to Control Panel - select 'add or remove programs' & uninstall UWO Closed beta client or any unused programs. DO NOT manually delete folders as it could leave registry traces preventing new install.

NOTE: You will not be able to install two UWO clients on one PC, old UWO clients must first be completely removed from control panel as described above.

After install your client will take up just under 6Gb of disk space, for best performance I would recommend defragging your install by using the 'defragmentation' option in the disk tools tab described above.

DIRECT DOWNLOAD  << Download here if you have corrupt files.

• inBOILinBOIL Member Posts: 669

http://global.netmarble.com/about/download/index.asp

i had weird problems with that speed-up download so i DLd using that manual download and no problemos with that packet.

Generation P

• hazedancerhazedancer Member Posts: 1
    i have met the same problem,but the solution is simple . ---- just to wait.  it takes really a long time before the window appears.just have patience ,dont do anything. hope this will help you