Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The "Ask the Devs a question" thread! (Not suggestions)

Comments

• SavijSavij Member Posts: 341
    what are the top 5 languages spoken in your office?

be always up to date about Eternal Crusade
    WH40k:EC dev Tracker

Other EC Sites i'm in:
    Dakkadakka Savij
    Reddit EC Savij1337
    EternalCrusader.com Savij

• grigdushergrigdusher Member UncommonPosts: 139
    Originally posted by Savij

let me guess.

1. english/french

3. high gothic

4.low gothic

5. Bork bork

war 40K Eternal Crusade: refferal 4$ bonus: EC-9Y7IAZJ8UZN6I http://www.eternalcrusade.com/account/sign-up/?ref_code=EC-9Y7IAZJ8UZN6I

• patrickbalthazarpatrickbalthazar Member UncommonPosts: 133
    Originally posted by grigdusher

let me guess.

1. english/french

3. high gothic

4.low gothic

5. Bork bork

Haha, almost :)

I don't know all people here yet, being quite new myself to Behaviour, but for sure:

1. French (native language of most employees here)

2. English (within the Online Studio the most spoken one)

3. all languages spoken by foreigner employees like me, e.g. German, Hungarian, Norwegian, Chinese ...

Patrick Balthazar
    Tech Lead - Behaviour Online
    Lead Programmer - Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade
    www.EternalCrusade.com - #eternalcrusade - @lordpada

let me guess.

1. english/french

3. high gothic

4.low gothic

5. Bork bork

what is bork bork?^^

oh and you forgot the most spoken language in the imperium (exspecialy for SM)

Imperial shoutish!

8:00 AM, Behavior Studios:

Miguel: "By the Glory of the Emperor, HEAR my words!

I have been holding this Position for many centuries

now. Without a single glim of  weakness in my body

and without  a single seed of faithlessness in my

mind! And then came you! No Glory, no Honor,

no Faith! Only the slaves of chaos would allow

themselves to refuse a direct Order from the very

high position that I am! I will say this just one

last time!

BROTHER PATRICK, GET ME MY CAFFEINE, NOW!"

*Patrick rolls eyes*

Patrick: "oh boy...I hate mornings..."

Miguel: "WHAT YOU JUST SAID?!"

Patrick: "FOR THE EMPEROR!"

Miguel: "i Love this job."

this is Imperial shoutish :D

Other EC Sites i'm in:
    Dakkadakka Savij
    Reddit EC Savij1337

wahahahaha :) thx Savij, you made my day!

Patrick Balthazar

• miguelcaronmiguelcaron Studio Head - BehaviourMember UncommonPosts: 70

let me guess.

1. english/french

3. high gothic

4.low gothic

5. Bork bork

what is bork bork?^^

Imperial shoutish!

last time!

*Patrick rolls eyes*

Dear Crusader, I LOVE YOU!!!

Seriously, you fuel both the team and I with your love and passion. I never dreamed that my philosophy of no firewall between devs and fans would be such a motivator for us. I know its a double edge swords and that with this comes a huge responsability: Making the game YOU want.

Thank you!!

Miguel

Studio Head Behaviour Online.

Studio Head of Behaviour Entertainment on WAR40K: Eternal Crusade

• grigdushergrigdusher Member UncommonPosts: 139
    Originally posted by miguelcaron

let me guess.

1. english/french

3. high gothic

4.low gothic

5. Bork bork

what is bork bork?^^

Imperial shoutish!

last time!

*Patrick rolls eyes*

Dear Crusader, I LOVE YOU!!!

Seriously, you fuel both the team and I with your love and passion. I never dreamed that my philosophy of no firewall between devs and fans would be such a motivator for us. I know its a double edge swords and that with this comes a huge responsability: Making the game YOU want.

Thank you!!

Miguel

Studio Head Behaviour Online.

Yo, I'll tell you what I want, what I really, really want
    So tell me what you want, what you really, really want
    I'll tell you what I want, what I really, really want
    So tell me what you want, what you really, really want
    I wanna, I wanna, I wanna, I wanna, I wanna really
    Really, really wanna.

war 40K Eternal Crusade: refferal 4$ bonus: EC-9Y7IAZJ8UZN6I http://www.eternalcrusade.com/account/sign-up/?ref_code=EC-9Y7IAZJ8UZN6I

• BatpimpBatpimp Member UncommonPosts: 29

1. In thinking of super units. In Star Wars Battlefront they allowed super units to appear...Yoda/Darth Vader/Luke on a random roll for a random player to use. In this way the "super units" could appear and change a battle. For example, A higher chance for a warboss or a SM Captain to appear for the losing side. In this way it would be lore friendly, help out the losing side, and could be introduced as just a chance to happen. It would be controllable by the losing faction, by a player,  for say 30 seconds but give buffs and or debuffs on the field. This, more or les,s, is what happens in Left for Dead 2 as well with the super strong gorilla sized zombie.

2. Even if I never can be a warboss or some other super unit i would still LOVE to see them in the game as some sort of call in NPC. I would get really immersed if a NPC warboss came in and started stomping around and giving buffs and throwing SM/Eldar/Chaos around.

Anyhow those games were sand boxed scenarios. With such an open world im not sure if this could be implemented but we can see from other games that in certain situations its possible

• miguelcaronmiguelcaron Studio Head - BehaviourMember UncommonPosts: 70

****HINTS SPOILERS*****

Dear Crusaders,

I will be attending at PAX Prime see: http://prime.paxsite.com/schedule/panel/mmorpg.com-the-future-of-online-games

and I am planning a secret stunt to steal the show.... Will you be there? I hope so since for my stunt to work I NEED some fans there. I have decided on an anti-marketing and anti-booth strategy..... ARG style!! ;-) I will not say more but... hummm... lets just say I will be ''hard'' to find!! ;-)

Second for next week reveal.....

Listen up, boyz! We’z da Orks, and next week we’z gonna show you runty humies what we’z made of. Waaagh!!

Miguel Caron

Studio Head Behaviour Online

Studio Head of Behaviour Entertainment on WAR40K: Eternal Crusade

• freakishbeanfreakishbean Member UncommonPosts: 176
    Originally posted by miguelcaron

****HINTS SPOILERS*****

Dear Crusaders,

I will be attending at PAX Prime see: http://prime.paxsite.com/schedule/panel/mmorpg.com-the-future-of-online-games

and I am planning a secret stunt to steal the show.... Will you be there? I hope so since for my stunt to work I NEED some fans there. I have decided on an anti-marketing and anti-booth strategy..... ARG style!! ;-) I will not say more but... hummm... lets just say I will be ''hard'' to find!! ;-)

Second for next week reveal.....

Listen up, boyz! We’z da Orks, and next week we’z gonna show you runty humies what we’z made of. Waaagh!!

Miguel Caron

Studio Head Behaviour Online

You have no idea how BADLY I want to be there. But, 'lo, I has a college. Maybe next time boss :)

Needing is Wanting...
    Wanting is Coveting...
    Coveting is Sinning...
    I am SO going to Hell.

• DecisiveRaindropDecisiveRaindrop Member Posts: 17
    So when will you guys have that election for the 5th chapter? There is a thread somewhere where they had the Black Templars as the chapter with the highest poll, been looking for the answer all over the internet.

Yeah that was my thread. I'm a diehard Templar fan... I cried inside when I found out they were being rolled into the new Space Marine codex...

That reminds me. 

Will Deathwatch characters be available?

Needing is Wanting...
    Wanting is Coveting...
    Coveting is Sinning...
    I am SO going to Hell.

Yeah, Hellsreach peaked my interest with the Black Templars and made them #1 chapter in my book, I even voted for them :D But my concern is that both Black Templars and Space Wolves both have a heavy focus on melee combat that it will be a very similar play style. I just wonder how you guys will handle it IF the BT is the winner.

Also, since there is cover mechanics, will the game be like Space Marine where spacemarines and chaos have no cover mechanics and instead utilize their heavy armor? With the squishy orks and eldar must use cover to be able to survive the EMPRAH's wrath in the form of holy bolter fire? It would also go with Space Marine ideology that cover is for the weak.

To Bad my thunderhawk needs some repairs :(
    I wohl love To see what you are planing :)

Other EC Sites i'm in:
    Dakkadakka Savij
    Reddit EC Savij1337

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    Originally posted by DecisiveRaindrop

Yeah, Hellsreach peaked my interest with the Black Templars and made them #1 chapter in my book, I even voted for them :D But my concern is that both Black Templars and Space Wolves both have a heavy focus on melee combat that it will be a very similar play style. I just wonder how you guys will handle it IF the BT is the winner.

Also, since there is cover mechanics, will the game be like Space Marine where spacemarines and chaos have no cover mechanics and instead utilize their heavy armor? With the squishy orks and eldar must use cover to be able to survive the EMPRAH's wrath in the form of holy bolter fire? It would also go with Space Marine ideology that cover is for the weak.

In both Space Wolf Omnibus books I read, they refer to cover quite a bit.  Utilizing cover is not cowardice, it is good tactics and sense.

My vote would be for the Raven Guard to be added.  I love their play style, hit and run, unconventional warfare and all that.  Not a very popular chapter, I get it, but I think the Ravens would be good synergy with the Space Wolves.  You still have the issue of both chapters preferring melee techniques, but I think the styles differ enough to make it interesting. 

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

Originally posted by Hatefull

In both Space Wolf Omnibus books I read, they refer to cover quite a bit.  Utilizing cover is not cowardice, it is good tactics and sense.

My vote would be for the Raven Guard to be added.  I love their play style, hit and run, unconventional warfare and all that.  Not a very popular chapter, I get it, but I think the Ravens would be good synergy with the Space Wolves.  You still have the issue of both chapters preferring melee techniques, but I think the styles differ enough to make it interesting. 

But what is the point of cover if the weapons can puncture power armor?

This one is for Steven:

What can you tell us about some of the environments in the game? Anything descriptive you can share? Landmarks? 

Needing is Wanting...
    Wanting is Coveting...
    Coveting is Sinning...
    I am SO going to Hell.

Another question is, how big will individual ships be, and how far will the customization options go? Will it cost additional money  or will most of the items be unlocked like in Space Marine? It will also add some diversity to the FTPers, as well as a thing to strive for, so they just don't all look like a horde of 400 orks with the same patched armor.
    Another thing puzzling me is how you guys will explain the respawn of a character in a lore aspect. But how will you explain when an individual character dies and respawns in just a few moments in the lore aspect?
  • nAAtimusnAAtimus Member Posts: 342
    Which race do various team members prefer?

I'm not here to complete my forum PVP dailies.

We need to stretch the Lore there
    The only lore friendly way would be permadeath but who wants to create a new char every time he dies?

Having no1 dieing would be lorebreaking.(get wounded not killed)
    So we should just go the easy way and let all dead respawn

Its the most playerfriendly way!

Other EC Sites i'm in:
    Dakkadakka Savij
    Reddit EC Savij1337

• mintycmintyc Member Posts: 38
    We need to stretch the Lore there
    The only lore friendly way would be permadeath but who wants to create a new char every time he dies?

Having no1 dieing would be lorebreaking.(get wounded not killed)
    So we should just go the easy way and let all dead respawn

Its the most playerfriendly way!

agreed.

we will all be dieing a fair ammount in this game.

So when will you guys have that election for the 5th chapter? There is a thread somewhere where they had the Black Templars as the chapter with the highest poll, been looking for the answer all over the internet.

the official vote for the 5th chapter will be on the official forum (soon)

they want to invent a coversystem which works for all factions

and marines do use cover! wasting the resources of the holy emperor is heresy!

for example the iron warriors (yes they are CSM but still marines): they are best at defense, building huge fortresses. are they standing in front this mighty walls cause they armor protects them from everything?

no they use the cover of the fortress to win the siegewar! same goes for spacemarines, if there is cover they will use it. everything else would be heresy

Other EC Sites i'm in:
    Dakkadakka Savij
    Reddit EC Savij1337

haha, i would love to give a date for this, but all I can say right now is be patient. We will make sure there will be a vote for this and we will make sure everyone will be asked - that said, best to sign up on our homepage to get the infos for that ;)

Another question is, how big will individual ships be, and how far will the customization options go? Will it cost additional money  or will most of the items be unlocked like in Space Marine? It will also add some diversity to the FTPers, as well as a thing to strive for, so they just don't all look like a horde of 400 orks with the same patched armor.

you can expect to have some unlocks and some stuff to be bought - since customisation is something that won't effect the gameplay or winning/losing chances, it is something where monitization can be applied very easy. About size it's a bit hard to tell at this point - but according to lore is a very good hint ;)

Another thing puzzling me is how you guys will explain the respawn of a character in a lore aspect. But how will you explain when an individual character dies and respawns in just a few moments in the lore aspect?

first of all - not sure yet if you will just respawn 5 sec later and stuff - there might be some cooldowns, there might be cloning facilities or something - this is NOT decided yet. We will try to explain it, but from what i remember there is a few ideas, but nothing set in stone yet.

Patrick Balthazar

Originally posted by nAAtimus
    Which race do various team members prefer?

we got all races covered in the team - some members are starting new, some have multiple forces.

I myself am going to start a Black Templar battle force ;)

Patrick Balthazar