Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kids can't afford sub mmo

lucyluffy101lucyluffy101 Member UncommonPosts: 152
There are more people can't afford to play mmo.  Sub mmo is for adult games only? More of them still go to school and no time to play monthly sub mmo.

Comments

• gambe1gambe1 Member UncommonPosts: 123
    Thank god for that. Like we really need more kids in MMO's
  • VidirVidir Member UncommonPosts: 963
    Originally posted by swizards01
    There are more people can't afford to play mmo.  Sub mmo is for adult games only? More of them still go to school and no time to play monthly sub mmo.

Parents gladly pay sub's for several games just to get rid of their anoying kids.

• TygranirTygranir Member Posts: 741
    Some people can't afford to go to Disney World either. Live within your means.

SWTOR Referral Bonus!
    Referral link
    7 day subscriber level access
    Returning players get 1 free server transfer

Leveling assistance items given to new player!

See all perks Here

• LeGrosGamerLeGrosGamer Member UncommonPosts: 223
    Thank God for subs image
  • Jaychi72Jaychi72 Member UncommonPosts: 70
    Nuff said. Shoulda closed this after your answer.
  • MoorqueenMoorqueen Member UncommonPosts: 40

Well if they can't afford to pay for a sub, then they probably can't afford to purchase items from a FTP game. So , what good are they?

• dadante666dadante666 Member UncommonPosts: 402
    Originally posted by BikeMittens

Then they should spend time acquiring proper employment instead of worrying about online games.

lol cant say better,still kids are the less that preocupide about payment knowing her  parent pay for everything ,if you mean adult are the one having hard time paying all the bills and still trying to figure it out if can pay the subs,i miself have  mi own house ,wife and 1 kid and knowning this hard time economi is kinda hard to pay for bills insurance  and games ,im a gamer of course i buy games but play mostly f2p like gw2 wish iwas wating for years,and still going to play FF14 but i miself can tell you please dont talk whitough knowing the life of somebody is wayy acting more kid than being one..everyone have his own problem  if you can pay sub go ahead go for it great if you have  problem in life and cant pay  well then you just cant ,dont judge or compare payment model genre games or other stuff  whit the life of an individual  ^_^.

ps :

PEACE

• killion81killion81 Member UncommonPosts: 995
    Originally posted by Tygranir
    Some people can't afford to go to Disney World either. Live within your means.

This.  Of course, "Life's not fair" rants will always exist.

• ghost047ghost047 Member UncommonPosts: 597
    They can't afford sub, but they can pay for the game and the computer!!! If the parents paid for the computer, then, they can afford 15$/month and if not, there's plenty of F2P games out there!!!

Get a life you freaking Gamer.....no no, you don't understand, I'm a Gamer, I have many lives!!

• spaniard81spaniard81 Member Posts: 59

I'm all in favor of fewer kids in mmos, but I don't see how subs is a good way of ensuring fewer children in "our" games; it would feel as if I'm having to pay a penalty just for the possibility (no guarantee) of keeping kids away. I hate fees, I've always hated fees, and I'm all in favor of F2P and B2P models (GW2 is working great!). I know there are those who will disagree with me, and that's fine; we can agree, disagree, and/or agre to disagree.

• UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209

$15 a month for your kid to be entertained endlessly? Any parent would do that deal, mine did. You think WoW was 12 million adults? lollllll

Want to avoid kids? Don't play kids games....

• BoldynBoldyn Member Posts: 265

Amusing conclusion, I thought all kids played WoW and last I checked, that's a sub game.

So you get a C for effort, that's it!

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662

Do some chores in the house for some pocket money, wash your dad's or neighbours cars for some cash, help your neighbours to get some cash.

Sure you won't make much but 15 dollars? I highly doubt it could take a month to get even if you are a kid.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    What do kids matter in the first place? We have enough adults who behave like children to worry about.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• VoqarVoqar Member UncommonPosts: 510

Most "kids" that would be candidates for online gaming these days have app phones with data packages (ie, 50-100/month), have parents dragging them around to tons of events all week (that cost money), and so on.

I don't think you can really say that the kids (or their parents) can't afford a sub.  If you're a kid that has access to a suitable computer with high speed internet, that 15/mo should be trivial.

If you're not a kid and somehow have high speed internet and the ability to do premium gaming and $15/mo for a sub is anything but trivial - for one, I call BS, for two, maybe you should have other priorities in life until that sub IS trivial.  Or tell mom that since you're going to be living at home til you're 35 that you need a bigger allowance.

The cost of a sub should be trivial.  If and only if the game is worth a sub.  The entertainment value of a sub is very low compared to other forms of paid entertainment - if the game with the sub is worth it and engages you enough.

One reason why the original MMORPs are still going and still sub-based is because they are worth a sub.  For reasons that defy logic newer MMORPGs are designed to cater more to casuals and soloists than to actual core MMORPG players.  As such, the games themselves end up being casual and at least half single player games - which are not worth subs.

If companies want to make MMORPGs that are worth a sub, they should probably actually design real MMORPGs for core MMORPGs who are willing to pay a sub for a quality MMORPG.  Clearly designing MMORPGs for people who aren't core MMORPG players hasn't exactly worked out so well for the subscription pricing model.

I've never really understood why the MMORPG genre changed direction towards casual and solo.  The older MMORPGs were successful.  The formula wasn't broken.  Those games are still going today even as outdated as they are and STILL have subs.  The clones that cater to casuals and soloists that can't stay sub-based...THIS formula is broken.  It's weird.

If you are truly so casual that you can't group or raid then you're pretty much limited to the single player (solo ez-mode leveling) part of clone MMORPGs, right?  That's not worth a sub.  And often such players have no real loyalty to the game and no reason to stick around once that single player content is done.  With there being so many great single player games, what IS the lure of soloing in MMORPGs and playing them as single player games?  It's not like people are social when doing so - unless you count spewing idiocy in public chat as some sick way of being social.  Devs could add bots to single player RPGs to mimic having other players around (cube world does this and it actually makes the world feel more alive, Skyrim has it a little too).  I surely do not understand this.

So then as a developer, why make an MMORPG if you're just going to make it a mostly single player experience?  What IS the point in that, especially if you can't get subs out of people and you have to corrupt your game into utter shit via F2P to keep it running?

The glorious part of MMORPGs and what sets them apart from other genres is the grouping and progressive PvE.  The MMORPGs that originated this style are still going and still sub-based.  The MMORPGs that shifted to solo and fast food gaming style are all considered failures.

Premium MMORPGs do not feature built-in cheating via cash for gold pay 2 win. PLAY to win or don't play.

• AnslemAnslem Member CommonPosts: 215
    Originally posted by Distopia
    What do kids matter in the first place? We have enough adults who behave like children to worry about.

This x78.

PS. What does this have to do with Role Play? Just wonderin'....

Played: Ultima Online - DaoC - WoW -

• JorlJorl Member UncommonPosts: 257

When I was 14 - 16 years old my father paid for my WoW account for 2 - 3 years then once I reached adulthood I paid for my self. So yeah I agree, you'll find that a lot of children have their parents paying for them either by pocket money or what ever. I'm 22 now but at the moment I'm struggling in paying for MMOs, I have to consider my bills. I' recently found out that I need to pay more taxes. So any MMO that requires sub really has to be worth the monthly cost to keep me playing otherwise I'll cancel.

• asrlohzasrlohz Member Posts: 645

Kids can afford sub. They could help around the house, get a paper route, ask their parents or even ask for longer sub periods during christmas. I were by no means a privileged child when I was pre-teen, but even I could afford a subscription based MMO.

• KilmaulKilmaul Member UncommonPosts: 121
    I like toitles.
  • BeelzebobbieBeelzebobbie Member UncommonPosts: 430

Kids can't afford subs????? Then why is WOW filled with kids calling everyone noobs, doing enoying stuff all the time, wow is even worse then CS. 

Parents pay there subs to get some peace and quite. I know I would but my kids are smart enough to love GW2 :)

• TygranirTygranir Member Posts: 741
    Originally posted by Kilmaul
    I like toitles.

I don't believe in Nebraska.

SWTOR Referral Bonus!
    Referral link
    7 day subscriber level access
    Returning players get 1 free server transfer

Leveling assistance items given to new player!

See all perks Here

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047
    Originally posted by Beelzebobbie

Kids can't afford subs????? Then why is WOW filled with kids calling everyone noobs, doing enoying stuff all the time, wow is even worse then CS. 

Parents pay there subs to get some peace and quite. I know I would but my kids are smart enough to love GW2 :)

Unfortunately those aren't kids.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    This doesn't really settle my mind any, since the adults I've met in games have almost ALWAYS been worse than the kids, and that goes WAAAAY beyond MMOs.
  • VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793
    15 bucks a month for a babysitter and a reward for good grades is a bargain.

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

• Four0SixFour0Six Member UncommonPosts: 1,175

I am confused.

You wish to complain about sub games?

You long for "mmo welfare" for these kids that cannot afford to play?

What man? What is it you want here?

TBH you will find many many many that long for subs to act as a firewall for the community in their chosen MMO. So you will get lots of "HELL YEAH!!!" keep it coming. "Raise the price to keep more out!!!"