Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do you set up your subscription?

I've got the download and the update patch.

Just waiting for early access.

Question: how do you select your subscription plan?

I think its like either $10 or $15.

I just don't know if you can set it up now before early access, or when you log in for the first time at early access.

Comments

• SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    you wait for the game to launch first...

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• WightyWighty Member UncommonPosts: 699
  • WhiteCrossWhiteCross Member Posts: 120
    Originally posted by Wighty
    https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/mogstation/

This is to register for early access. I've already done that. I don't remember at that time the option to set up your subscription.

• PanopeiaPanopeia Member Posts: 31
    Originally posted by WhiteCross

This is to register for early access. I've already done that. I don't remember at that time the option to set up your subscription.

Please read the red text.

"This site is scheduled to begin service on August 27, 2013, coinciding with the release of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn. "

you need to learn to read dude. go back to the website and actually READ this time.

Damn panopeia, beat me by 7 seconds.

• BademBadem Member Posts: 830
    Originally posted by Sephiroso

you need to learn to read dude. go back to the website and actually READ this time.

Damn panopeia, beat me by 7 seconds.

But I am deaf and can't hear what people are saying!!!

• JustsomenoobJustsomenoob Member UncommonPosts: 880

Don't think anyone will need to right away will they?

If you own the game from 1.0, you get 2 weeks of free time.

Buying it now/preordering gets you 30 days of time doesn't it?

• WhiteCrossWhiteCross Member Posts: 120

"This site is scheduled to begin service on August 27, 2013, coinciding with the release of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn"

This is what it says. So, I guess I can't set up my account until August 27th. I never took part in any betas this I'm jumping in fresh. So, will I have 8 character slots open to me for early access?

"This site is scheduled to begin service on August 27, 2013, coinciding with the release of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn"

This is what it says. So, I guess I can't set up my account until August 27th. I never took part in any betas this I'm jumping in fresh. So, will I have 8 character slots open to me for early access?

Finally an acceptable question. The answer is most likely yes. But can't be 100% sure.

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383

"This site is scheduled to begin service on August 27, 2013, coinciding with the release of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn"  This is what it says. So, I guess I can't set up my account until August 27th. I never took part in any betas this I'm jumping in fresh. So, will I have 8 character slots open to me for early access?

The way FFXI and FFXIV1.0 worked:

You paid a "Service Charge" for the basic game itself. It was around $9.99/month
    Then you paid a Character Charge for your characters. A single character slot was $3.00/month, and each extra slot was another $1.00/month on top of that (I think they may have had an 8-pack for $5.00 or something). I can't remember exactly.

So, you most likely won't have 8 character slots open. You will probably have only 1 unless you sign up for extras when you subscribe.

You can look at the current FFXI payment scheme here:
    http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/envi/charge.html

With Mog Station coming out next week, there's no guarantee that it will stay like this, or be similar to how 1.0 went. We could see a static monthly rate like most Western MMOs had been in the past, or we could see something new all together (although I think the total bill will still be right around $15/mo - it's all in how you get there).