Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1035MB patch

teknotazteknotaz Member UncommonPosts: 112
patch servers are online and there is a 1035MB patch. just an FYI

Comments

• NetSageNetSage Member UncommonPosts: 1,059

I'm surprised about the patch.  I'm surprised by the size of it.  Did they leave out the late game dungeons for P4 beta test?

Yes, I know we couldn't play them but for the most part I thought we had the whole game still :P.

• time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    thanks for the heads up buddy.  glad im getting it out of the way now.  I play to wake up at 4AM central (5am est) to play this game!

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • ErlijusErlijus Member UncommonPosts: 96

On the contrary, I am surprised by the small size of the patch. Beta 4 client (limited to < lvl 20 stuff) was 7 GB or so, and this patch (supposed to contain everything else) is only 1GB ?

Could mean two things: Beta 4 client contained most of the stuff post 20 even if it was blocked from the players, or Early access is still limited to < lvl 20 content as IGN is suggesting it is...

• SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    Originally posted by Erlijus

On the contrary, I am surprised by the small size of the patch. Beta 4 client (limited to < lvl 20 stuff) was 7 GB or so, and this patch (supposed to contain everything else) is only 1GB ?

Could mean two things: Beta 4 client contained most of the stuff post 20 even if it was blocked from the players, or Early access is still limited to < lvl 20 content as IGN is suggesting it is...

there will be a revolt like none have ever seen before if early access is still limited to < lvl 20 content.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• PanopeiaPanopeia Member Posts: 31

Makes one wonder though no? the game is supposed to be HD space required 20gb lol

watch no you will all login to play and it will downoad a 12gb update  lol

• time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    Originally posted by Panopeia

Makes one wonder though no? the game is supposed to be HD space required 20gb lol

watch no you will all login to play and it will downoad a 12gb update  lol

I'm guessing this is what will happen.  This has happened in previous games where the patcher is up to date with everything they have provided, then the game goes live and there is a monster download/update just as big as the original game download.

Good guess.  I didn't think about this, but reading it brought back disappointing memories from past games haha.

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • hakiredhakired Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 30

I'm pretty sure that 7gig already contained most of the content of the entire game. You obviously just cannot go any further than level 20. But the quests and places for above 20 are already in the game.

I'm really hoping that they ADD the damn chat bubbles, It's so annoying that when i try to talk to people or when they try to talk to me..I read it late or they read it late so we never actually get to have a conversation.

It's not limited of < 20.  I mean anyone who got a decent time to play got at least one class to lvl 20.

Originally posted by viceandre

I'm pretty sure that 7gig already contained most of the content of the entire game. You obviously just cannot go any further than level 20. But the quests and places for above 20 are already in the game.

I'm really hoping that they ADD the damn chat bubbles, It's so annoying that when i try to talk to people or when they try to talk to me..I read it late or they read it late so we never actually get to have a conversation.

There was an option in character config to put those on in beta :D

Didn't know that.  Hopefully I remember when I get in game :P.
    Originally posted by NetSage
    Didn't know that.  Hopefully I remember when I get in game :P.

Yeah it was like initially I only thought there was one are for configs video etc etc but then realised no there was a character configuration set of pages also, I guess I thought they were the same thing at first and overlooked it...

Few things in there can be handy I guess for some peeps

Originally posted by viceandre

then explain why they claim you need at least 20gigs of harddrive space for an 8 gig game. That doesn't make any sense. Also if you've played any amount of game, for how expansive and big FFXIV ARR seems to be in open beta which just showed you lvl 1-20 content. There's no way the entire game could be a mere 7-8 gigs when you have games like Tera which isn't even that big of a game world and reuses many enemy models just colors them differently is like 20gigs.

For future content, caching, add-ons, etc.  Remember this is an MMO I guarantee we see an additional 2-3 gb over the next year alone.
    For future content, caching, add-ons, etc.  Remember this is an MMO I guarantee we see an additional 2-3 gb over the next year alone.

I have never been given a warning through the installation process of ANY thing where it says i need a certain amount of harddrive space to install successfully and then not have the total amount be at or near that amount.

Originally posted by Sephiroso

I have never been given a warning through the installation process of ANY thing where it says i need a certain amount of harddrive space to install successfully and then not have the total amount be at or near that amount.

Ever try looking at when you or where you purchse the game, the needed HD space etc? I know its the digital age but it was always on the box, and they still apply this to digital purchases, just look at steam they do it for all games, tell you the needed space total for gameplay.

Incase you needed a bit of info, this is taken off the SE purchase page for the game

PC SPECS
    MINIMUM

Processor: Intel® Core™2 Duo 3GHz
    Memory: 2GB (4GB recommended for 64bit OS)
    Hard Drive: 20GB
    Graphics: NVIDIA® Geforce® 8800 or higher, ATI Radeon™ HD 4770 or higher
    Screen Resolution: 1280x720
    Internet: Broadband connection
    Sound Card: DirectSound® supported sound card (DirectX® 9.0c or higher)
    DirectX®: DirectX® 9.0c or higher

RECOMMENDED

Processor: Intel® Core™ i5 2.66GHz
    Memory: 4GB
    Graphics: NVIDIA® Geforce® GTX 660 or higher, AMD Radeon™ HD 7950 or higher
    Screen Resolution: 1920x1080

* NVIDIA® SLI™ and AMD CrossFire™ support will be available at release.

Unless they changed over the years the way they depict the needs of ones pc and it only means a HD with 20gb space lol, then I dunno but it used to always be on the end Hard Drive : ** space required,,

Cause id feel sorry for anyone with windows 7 and a 20gb hd where 10gb is common install size and then the game at now 9.11gb that dont leave much left does it :D

Ever try looking at when you or where you purchse the game, the needed HD space etc? I know its the digital age but it was always on the box, and they still apply this to digital purchases, just look at steam they do it for all games, tell you the needed space total for gameplay.

Incase you needed a bit of info, this is taken off the SE purchase page for the game

PC SPECS
    MINIMUM

RECOMMENDED

Yea i have...WoW box says 5 gigs, guess how many gigs it took, not 1, not 2, not 2.5, but it was pretty damn close to 5 gigs. Burning Crusade 10 Gigs, WOTLK 15 gigs(adding 5 for each expansion). They didn't say something stupid like requires 20 gigs but only take up 8.

What was the point of posting those specs? We know it says 20gig harddrive. They dont even sale 20 gig harddrive anymore, Not even 100gig harddrive. The 20 gb is how much space the game is supposed to take up. Again as you said, common games take up 10gb these days, which is my point. This game is one of the few that doesn't re-use their monster models like a chef reuses oil. It is a very big and graphically intensive detailed game. You damn well better bet its gonna be higher than 10gb in size at launch when i believe even tera at launch was 14gb.

PC SPECS
    MINIMUM

RECOMMENDED

Yea i have...WoW box says 5 gigs, guess how many gigs it took, not 1, not 2, not 2.5, but it was pretty damn close to 5 gigs. Burning Crusade 10 Gigs, WOTLK 15 gigs(adding 5 for each expansion). They didn't say something stupid like requires 20 gigs but only take up 8.

Dont get mixed up with the discussion now,  im talking about the need for the game space that seems low initially like said.. if it says 20gb id be pretty sure they mean ull need 20gb, and id be surprised if we get to play a whole game of ffxiv aar with 9.11gb of data on drive.. but still who knows :D we will see

What was the point of posting those specs? We know it says 20gig harddrive.

Hey im not arguing here im agreeing... gee..

PC SPECS
    MINIMUM

RECOMMENDED

Dont get mixes up with the discussion now,  im talking about the need for the game space that seems low initially like said.. if it says 20gb id be pretty sure they mean ull need 20gb, and id be surprised if we get to play a whole game of ffxiv aar with 9.11gb of data on drive.. but still who knows :D we will see

Again like i said, every game that i've ever played the size it says on the box or warning while you install the game is the size or near the size of the game file that you'll be downloading. Not saving space for future updates. And an 8gig lee-way in space for updates is retarded since 8 gigs is the size of an additional expansion if the main game is a mere 7-8 now.

• GreteldaGretelda Member UncommonPosts: 359
    ty for the heads up.hope they don't add a big patch at EA start although since they added a patch now doubt that will happen or at least i hope it won't

my top MMOs: UO,DAOC,WoW,GW2

most of my posts are just my opinions they are not facts,it is the same for you too.

• Lebros89Lebros89 Member UncommonPosts: 48

Nice call OP. Thank you.

My guess about the small patch is maybe they are dropping the update piece by piece so that their end doesn't have another heart attack from everyone using it at once? I'm not very technical, but it seems logical. Either that or P4 included most of the game and had it blocked from 20+.

• JuaksJuaks Member UncommonPosts: 271
    Maybe 20 gigs of download would had been a turnoff for most just to try the game in open beta and they kept the download needed to a minimum. So expect a huge patch before release. I would be checking during the night just to make sure.
  • DilligDillig Member UncommonPosts: 123

PC SPECS
    MINIMUM

RECOMMENDED

What was the point of posting those specs? We know it says 20gig harddrive. They dont even sale 20 gig harddrive anymore, Not even 100gig harddrive. The 20 gb is how much space the game is supposed to take up. Again as you said, common games take up 10gb these days, which is my point. This game is one of the few that doesn't re-use their monster models like a chef reuses oil. It is a very big and graphically intensive detailed game. You damn well better bet its gonna be higher than 10gb in size at launch when i believe even tera at launch was 14gb.

https://www.serversupply.com/products/part_search/pid_find.asp?pid=50645&;

There is your 20 gig hd forsale.

That was a notebook harddrive...not a pc harddrive.

• JustsomenoobJustsomenoob Member UncommonPosts: 880

Probably some files that didn't need to be included in the 1-20 beta, with them trying to keep download size down a bit?

A few high level dungeons and/or cutscenes they left out or something.