Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sooo what about that Crowd Control Video?

TinybinaTinybina Member Posts: 2,130

Time for some positive talk about this awesome game, and I do mean AWESOME (Trust me :P)

What do you guys think about that crowd control video?  Personally I love how they make it so you don't just sit there and have to deal with the CC that was done to you.  

By having different options to break out of a each type of  CC I think they continue to go in the right direction of making this a hard mode MMORPG.

For those that have not seen the video, here you go...  https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gfj1OobVAiE

------------------------------
You see, every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You spread to an area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.-Mr.Smith

Comments

• Kayo45Kayo45 Member Posts: 293
    Loved it. Sounds like some awesome ideas!
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Some really great ideas.. With some fine tuning during beta, they will surely become the new standard in mmos.. Also the boss idea is awesome, i allways hated cc imune bosses...

The magnitude of different ennemies in this game is incredible...  Its one of the advantages of the choosen artstyle that its easier to create NPC graphics...  I dont mind these simple graphics, as long as the annimations of the npc an players are top knotch, which they are.  

Tough for world atmosphere, i hope they will add more details and growth to the world.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• FionFion Member UncommonPosts: 2,348

Yea I like the ability to 'do something' when your CCd, nothing pisses me off more is stun-chaining and such in other MMOGs and diminishing returns isn't a great solution IMHO. So it looks pretty sweet. GW2 did something like this in Beta. You could mash a key to break out of stuns. It seemed pretty cool but was a bit immersion breaking. Instead they just put stun breaks into the existing skill system. Speaking of GW2 I noted they hit the game a little. 'Instead of making bosses immune to CC'. That is one of the largest issues with the game at the moment, one the devs must address.