Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So Star Citizen....

TalonsWingTalonsWing Member Posts: 33

Why is this the only game I am beyond psyched to play and it is SIXTEEN months away?  Sigh.

Comments

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by TalonsWing

Why is this the only game I am beyond psyched to play and it is SIXTEEN months away?  Sigh.

Because you don't open your mind to other great games that are out?

Because your gaming preference is very narrow?

Personally, i have the opposite problem. There are so many good games to play that i don't have enough time to play them all.

• feena750feena750 Member UncommonPosts: 330
    I am looking forward to EQ Next and ESO, but those are both a ways away too.  Are there any other MMOs coming out sooner?  I can't think of any.  Wildstar looked lie to mcuh of the same to me.
  • Shadowguy64Shadowguy64 Member Posts: 848
    I agree with Nariusseldon. There are a ton of games that are awesome. I find it hard to believe that you can't get excited about any of them.
  • TalonsWingTalonsWing Member Posts: 33
    Too burnt out on the MMO scene right now.  I didn't enjoy NWM or GW2.  Hoping to find something else to sink my teeth into, but nothing in the MMO genre looks appealing atm.
  • Thornz2000Thornz2000 Member Posts: 135

Well right now Eve is the only real Space kid on the block.

There is lots of good games out there, but most are mid-evil and not space based.

Hangar mod this Aug they say and think in Dec we get to fly and dog fight in our ships as part of balancing.

Will be fun for sure.

The world we know is going away http://www.graystatemovie.com/
    Look up Agenda 21 as well.

• doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858

Months? Its Chris Roberts, the game is 16 years away, and even at that, he  will need to leave the company before its even released....

Free Lancer anyone?

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    Originally posted by Thornz2000

Well right now Eve is the only real Space kid on the block.

Dude, I've been playing Vendetta Online for 10 years solid, and logged in this morning.  Show some respect. image

edit: I'm really done talking about a different game in the Star Citizen forums.  Seriously though, "the only real Space kid on the block."... are you brainwashed or something?

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• ArakaziArakazi Member UncommonPosts: 911
    Can't wait for this game. Eve is the only space mmo that is worth playing at the moment.
  • GreezGreez Member Posts: 103

Probably because you like space sims and they don't really exist right now.

Originally posted by Phaserlight

edit: I'm really done talking about a different game in the Star Citizen forums.  Seriously though, "the only real Space kid on the block."... are you brainwashed or something?

I guess he's implying this Vendetta game of yours needs a better marketing department.

• knyghteknyghte Member UncommonPosts: 3

Because like so many other gamers out there you have come to expect less than acceptable game development from the companies releasing games, especially those releasing under major production companies like EA, SONY, Atari, and the list goes on.

When these killer production houses get their fingers in the pie, the pie goes bad...... who wants to eat a pie that has had peoples fingers in it after its been baked?

When you see a quality game with almost daily information releases come up, and then find out its being done by someone like Chris Roberts, it inspires hope for the industry. This is why so many have already pledged money to the company to get this game off the ground. 

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821
    Originally posted by doodphace

Months? Its Chris Roberts, the game is 16 years away, and even at that, he  will need to leave the company before its even released....

Free Lancer anyone?

Roberts has made over a dozen AAA games over the years but the one game he didn't deliver on his original concepts is the only one some people seem to remember. What happened to Freelancer was hardly his fault either. You can blame the suits at Microsoft (The main investor and Publisher) for what happened to Freelancer. They made him change his game so many times to make their marketing dept. happy and then got upset because he wasn't making milestones when it was their changes that they insisted on were the main reasons for the delays. He finally had to give up on his dream and leave the company in frustration. He also left the gaming industry for over ten years as a result. For someone that likes to dwell on the past you sure don't know much about it. His experience with Microsoft and Freelancer is the main reason why he's so dead set against a publisher getting involved with Star Citizen. He wants to avoid another Freelancer debacle and wants this game to be the game he wants to make and the game he wants to play.

Besides that even though it was delayed and had more "Suit" influence than "Roberts" influence it still turned out to be one hell of a good game. Was it the game Roberts originally conceived? No... but it was still a great game that people still play to this day.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• TorcipTorcip Member UncommonPosts: 669
    Go play the X games, X: Rebirth comes out November and look spectacular.
  • AG-VukAG-Vuk Member UncommonPosts: 823
    Originally posted by Brenelael
    Originally posted by doodphace

Free Lancer anyone?

Roberts has made over a dozen AAA games over the years but the one game he didn't deliver on his original concepts is the only one some people seem to remember. What happened to Freelancer was hardly his fault either. You can blame the suits at Microsoft (The main investor and Publisher) for what happened to Freelancer. They made him change his game so many times to make their marketing dept. happy and then got upset because he wasn't making milestones when it was their changes that they insisted on were the main reasons for the delays. He finally had to give up on his dream and leave the company in frustration. He also left the gaming industry for over ten years as a result. For someone that likes to dwell on the past you sure don't know much about it. His experience with Microsoft and Freelancer is the main reason why he's so dead set against a publisher getting involved with Star Citizen. He wants to avoid another Freelancer debacle and wants this game to be the game he wants to make and the game he wants to play.

Besides that even though it was delayed and had more "Suit" influence than "Roberts" influence it still turned out to be one hell of a good game. Was it the game Roberts originally conceived? No... but it was still a great game that people still play to this day.

Bren

And still Freelancer stands out in my mind as a great game. For it time it was great fun . It had plenty of issues but was great fun. Not sure I'd call it his failure. More like M$ abandoning PC gaming for consoles.

• bubbabillbubbabill Member Posts: 80
    screw Eve.  ive been playing frontier elite 2 on the pc for some time to get my space game itch cleared.  so much more peaceful as long as you dont mind the graphics.  which i dont   Star Citizen looks interesting though.