Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

*CLEANING DAY*

JustinJosephJustinJoseph Site Co-FounderMember UncommonPosts: 602

.::WARNING::.

Well "Cleaning Day" day is coming upon us quickly.  There are still some very "dirty" spots that will be wiped unless a complete change of "moral" and "attitude" is seen.  I will enjoy the extermination of the critters and rodents we find annoying and disturbing!  What perfect timing to?  Just in time for Halloween!  Muhahahahah  image

----------------------------
Justin Joseph
-MMORPG.COM Co-Founder-
[email protected]

Comments

• BrazorBrazor Member Posts: 65

Can I get a wipe? Thanks!

<----- note the quote

• squeeesqueee Member Posts: 722
    Wait I am confused, what is cleaning day?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    There are only 10 types of people in this world.
    Those that understand binary and those that don't.

Technology is dominated by two types of people: those who understand what they do not manage, and those who manage what they do not understand. -Putt's Law

• DesperadoDesperado Member Posts: 467
    I'm more confused by Brazor's response image

"A good man knows his limits, a Great man knows he has none...."

• killerTwinkiekillerTwinkie Member CommonPosts: 1,694
    Haha, you guys are interesting

-- STAFF
    A:40% E:40% S:60% K:60%

KillerTwinkie - That one guy who used to mod mmorpg.com's forums.

• LansidLansid Member UncommonPosts: 1,097
    OMG, how did you guys know my room needed cleaned? Well, just call me ahead of time before you come over. I gots me Pledge, Windex, and some those 1337 Swifer Duster thingies... Afterwards I'll have cider and doughnuts for everyone... :)

"There is only one thing of which I am certain, and that's nothing is certain."

"There is only one thing of which I am certain, and that's nothing is certain."

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

hahahah lol

i could use some cleaning under my bedimageimage

and yea...desperado what brazor ment was that his quote says...

well jsut check itimage

its not too....appropiateimage

Can we somehow put murt on 'ignore'? image

• SatansDiscipleSatansDisciple Member Posts: 2,782

did someone say... apple cider?!?! *drool* and i keep my room nice and clean :::^D::

"This is the beginning of a new day. You have been given this day to use as you will. You can waste it or use it for good. What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it. When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever; in its place is something that you have left behind...let it be something good."
    - Unknown Author

--------------------------------------

• JustinJosephJustinJoseph Site Co-FounderMember UncommonPosts: 602

image  Laugh it up guys and gals!  image

Justin Joseph
    -MMORPG.COM Co-Founder-
    [email protected]

yo JJ, chill man... and have some apple cider and doughnuts! :::^D::

"This is the beginning of a new day. You have been given this day to use as you will. You can waste it or use it for good. What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it. When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever; in its place is something that you have left behind...let it be something good."
    - Unknown Author

lol!

apple cider and donuts...hah thats great...

but eewwww apple cider,,,,imageimage

• Odin1985Odin1985 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 342
    well i think is a good thing, this forums need some cleaning of posts and members

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man´s character give him power"
    -Abraham Lincoln

Coder, Webmaster and Modeler

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man?s character give him power"
    -Abraham Lincoln

Coder, Webmaster and Modeler

hmmm... i notice weepweep hasnt posted in a while. has the cleaning allrdy begun??? ::;^d::

- Unknown Author

lol..

maybe he went on a skating tour.

• squeeesqueee Member Posts: 722
    Hey if they delete all of the inactive emembers, wont that be like 10,000 or more?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    There are only 10 types of people in this world.
    Those that understand binary and those that don't.

Technology is dominated by two types of people: those who understand what they do not manage, and those who manage what they do not understand. -Putt's Law

noo noo

dont do taht....it looks good that the site has so many members

Originally posted by squeee
    Hey if they delete all of the inactive emembers, wont that be like 10,000 or more?

Some would think that this is the case, however we have thousands of active members here.  Most people make the mistake in believing that just because they are not in the "chat" or posting on the "forum" that they are inactive and just come here to enter contest's to win stuff.   That is not the case, we have thousands of people who come here and never say a word, but they do use the Game List and read the News and sometimes even talk to their friends thru their mmorpg.com e-mail.  So while they may not be socially active here, they are still very active and are a part of this site just as much as someone who posts a lot and is well known in our own little community.

Justin Joseph
    -MMORPG.COM Co-Founder-
    [email protected]

alot of times theres like 100+ guests on... i wonder what the percentage of ppl who visit this site actually sign up.

- Unknown Author

• AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

It is about 2% actually.  At the moment we are seeing around 10,000 unique visitors per day, I guess about half of this is returning users - that leaves 5,000 new visitors.  And we average 80-100 new members per day.

Another important note is that our game list amounts to 80% of all of our traffic.  It has become a bit of a "bible" for a lot of other sites out there that link to it as a reference.  JJ is right, a lot of people become a member just to get the new updates and post reviews on games...and never use the forums or chat...

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

• DesperadoDesperado Member Posts: 467

I totally agree, about a month and a half ago when I started my quest for the holy mmorpg, I went through many search engines trying to get info on games.  I'd say I went through like a gazillion (that's about 11 in grown-up talk) sites before I finally got pissed and simply typed mmorpg.com on the addy line. 

At first glance.. the info on this freakin' sight is overwhelming.  At second glance.. the info on this site is actually ..informative.  Finally I began looking to the forums for a little player opinioned info- I had no idea I'd be runnin' into these jokers (heh).

So to some it up, the info on this site is what attracted me... but the community is what has kept me around.

[Disclaimer: mmorpg.com has in no way, shape, or form paid for this testimony.- and that's a bad thing!]

haha, thats exactly how i found this site too. id played runescape for a couple months like right when it came out, until i heard of the genre "mmorpg". i was like wow... so i went lookin around for them.

- Unknown Author

• LiammccarthyLiammccarthy Member CommonPosts: 77

Originally posted by JustinJoseph

Originally posted by squeee

Some would think that this is the case, however we have thousands of active members here.  Most people make the mistake in believing that just because they are not in the "chat" or posting on the "forum" that they are inactive and just come here to enter contest's to win stuff.   That is not the case, we have thousands of people who come here and never say a word, but they do use the Game List and read the News and sometimes even talk to their friends thru their mmorpg.com e-mail.  So while they may not be socially active here, they are still very active and are a part of this site just as much as someone who posts a lot and is well known in our own little community.

Justin Joseph
    -MMORPG.COM Co-Founder-
    [email protected]

I totally agree.  Ever since I have signed up I have visited this site every single day.  You don't have to be a person who posts a whole bunch like Murt to be a frequent visitor of the site.  So I do not think that if they did a wipe of inactive members, they would wipe even close to that many, you would discover that even though lots don't post as much as some, that they still visit the site a lot because it is the most informative and best MMORPG site ever made image, maybe even the best site ever of anything, becasue to me, that is what it is image

• DmitriiDmitrii Member Posts: 2
    I just started comming to this site, be told about it. I've only been on twice in the last week.  will my login still be safe?

Originally posted by Dmitrii
    I just started comming to this site, be told about it. I've only been on twice in the last week.  will my login still be safe?

Yes, it will always be safe image

Justin Joseph
    -MMORPG.COM Co-Founder-
    [email protected]