Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Curse Killed AOC

Quazal.AQuazal.A Member UncommonPosts: 859

It would seem that at some point in the last few weeks Curse has removed the seeding of all AoC mods :(

Having just reinstalled the game and going back in to install new ui (and ui addon exe) found ntohing is available, playingon default ui is painful at best

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game where of course you're welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

Comments

• EmbororEmboror Member Posts: 8

Yes this really sucks ass. First YG and now Curse. I guess Curse didnt receive any payments from FC so thats it .

I hope some AoC fan/player set ups a private download page for the files.

• watumbawatumba Member Posts: 6
    I recommed the Strange 3 UI. Good for all classes.  Just google it up :)
  • Quazal.AQuazal.A Member UncommonPosts: 859

Well got an answer on the curse page, this is copied from their response

"If you were an author, you recieved notice of us shutting down support for Age of Conan and Warhammer Online. Ultimately, neither game was seeing any author traffic for some time and addons were not being updated. As such, we have shut down support for both games. Sorry!"

Sad really, but because its a game that has little traffic from the developers they remove it promptly, however they actually have a wildstar segment and that game aint even out, would of been nice had they at least archived the pages :( but never mind

Would of been nice had they notified the players at least on the front page of curse :(

Currently im using "betaUI" which has done the job (mostly) i have had to manually change every XML version number to get it passed the checks AoC does, but sadly no UI updater which would be nice, however i might be tempted to set up a simple website for hosting mods will need to look into it, other than that then evefiles is a free hosting for eve games stuff :)

please note if someone wants a nice simple mod, i will happily drop the one im using on a fileshare so they can at least get rid of the wretched default ui lol

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game where of course you're welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
    Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

• DanitaKusorDanitaKusor Member UncommonPosts: 556

The UI forum on the AoC forums has links to a lot of still supported addons so try here

http://forums.ageofconan.com/forumdisplay.php?f=206

The Enlightened take things Lightly