Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The "Ask the Devs a question" thread! (Not suggestions)

Comments

• SavijSavij Member Posts: 341
    Originally posted by Ulorik

As a long term Ork player I'm absolutely thrilled about EC

just like me but with SM :D

Just a few questions please

- Will the whole range of Ork classes be in the game, also the more weird and wonderful ones, Weirdboyz, Nob Bikers etc

for release there wont be all classes that excist in wh40k universe, but there will be nobs and there will be bikes so you can make your nobbiker :D

- How will you handle bosses like Wazdakka?

there wont be characters or locations you know from other 40k stuff

Will players eventually be able to play one of the bosses, lets say if they rise high enough in the PvP rankings?

i cant answer that for certain, maybe patrick can? :)

but i think that we will not be able to become a waaaghbozz or a SM captain cause they are way stronger then everyone else

and thats what they dont want to happen

- How will you put "supply lines" in the game? I am excited to hear you want to do it, and I hope this leads to a bit more strategy in the game and not just some "whack-a-mole" objective swapping, rinse repeat like in other RvR games.

again cant answer that for certain, patrick help us! :O

i can imagine that there will be supportlines from your home base through all captured structres up to  the very frontline

if you cut one of this lines by taking (or destroing?) a structure then all structures behind the captured ones will get no ammo (the players in the structure need to manage very carefully with the ammo the structure still has stored) which the players can refill they weapons with

and maybe increased respawntime (or no respawn) in this structure too (thats maybe completly wrong cause they said that we will spawn on our spaceship but maybe if you die in a structure that is cut from supply you get an overall increased respawntime)

Waaaagh !!!

indeed!

be always up to date about Eternal Crusade
    WH40k:EC dev Tracker

Other EC Sites i'm in:
    Dakkadakka Savij
    Reddit EC Savij1337
    EternalCrusader.com Savij

• grigdushergrigdusher Member UncommonPosts: 139
    Originally posted by Savij
    Originally posted by grigdusher
    what happens when i sign up multiple times on your beta & newsletter with the same datas?

miguel on facebook write that increase your chance for beta. Also the phone numer is needed for the ARG  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alternate_reality_game

sure that he didnt made a joke? :D
    may you link the facebook msg?

but well if it helps for beta access, i have something to do until it starts :D

"ritual of repetitionis inscribarum cogitorum" 

https://www.facebook.com/shares/view?id=556214521101370

Miguel Caron lol!!! just to increase your chance to go into close beta.... good technique!!! LOL

war 40K Eternal Crusade: refferal 4$ bonus: EC-9Y7IAZJ8UZN6I http://www.eternalcrusade.com/account/sign-up/?ref_code=EC-9Y7IAZJ8UZN6I

• mintycmintyc Member Posts: 38

not sure if this has been asked yet.

third person view in vehicles can give a lot of spatial awareness in a vehicle and could make them hard to sneek up on and plant explosives on. infantry combat is third person, but what about vehicle driveing and turret gunnery?

• patrickbalthazarpatrickbalthazar Member UncommonPosts: 133

Will players eventually be able to play one of the bosses, lets say if they rise high enough in the PvP rankings?

i cant answer that for certain, maybe patrick can? :)

but i think that we will not be able to become a waaaghbozz or a SM captain cause they are way stronger then everyone else

and thats what they dont want to happen

correct - there will be plenty of vertical progression, but not something that will make you a super-character who just owns all new started ones by just looking at them. A skilled player, who starts a new Character should always be able to kill a veteran player too!

- How will you put "supply lines" in the game? I am excited to hear you want to do it, and I hope this leads to a bit more strategy in the game and not just some "whack-a-mole" objective swapping, rinse repeat like in other RvR games.

again cant answer that for certain, patrick help us! :O

i can imagine that there will be supportlines from your home base through all captured structres up to  the very frontline

if you cut one of this lines by taking (or destroing?) a structure then all structures behind the captured ones will get no ammo (the players in the structure need to manage very carefully with the ammo the structure still has stored) which the players can refill they weapons with

and maybe increased respawntime (or no respawn) in this structure too (thats maybe completly wrong cause they said that we will spawn on our spaceship but maybe if you die in a structure that is cut from supply you get an overall increased respawntime)

some of the supplylines will be player driven, so basically you yourself will have to bring 'equipment' or 'resources' to the fortress to reinforce or repair it...how exactly that will play out is not revealed yet.

Waaaagh !!!

indeed!

Kill that Ork! :D

what happens when i sign up multiple times on your beta & newsletter with the same datas?

miguel on facebook write that increase your chance for beta. Also the phone numer is needed for the ARG  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alternate_reality_game

sure that he didnt made a joke? :D
    may you link the facebook msg?

but well if it helps for beta access, i have something to do until it starts :D

"ritual of repetitionis inscribarum cogitorum" 

https://www.facebook.com/shares/view?id=556214521101370

Miguel Caron lol!!! just to increase your chance to go into close beta.... good technique!!! LOL

Well if you have that many email account go ahead ;)

Ofc it will increase your chance to get an early key - but there will be other possibilities too to get early access etc - in general signing up on the homepage is always good, and not only for the newsletter - everyone signed up will always be the ones we draw people from for everything we plan on doing ;)

Originally posted by mintyc

not sure if this has been asked yet.

third person view in vehicles can give a lot of spatial awareness in a vehicle and could make them hard to sneek up on and plant explosives on. infantry combat is third person, but what about vehicle driveing and turret gunnery?

in general more than one person will be in an vehicle - you want to be effective - you will need your squadmates join you in the vehicle and shoots stuff while you drive. 3rd person view might be needed for some vehicles, some others will give a better feel or gameplay when in first person mode - maybe we even add possibility to switch between those modes like in most of the racing games :D

Patrick Balthazar
    Tech Lead - Behaviour Online
    Lead Programmer - Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade
    www.EternalCrusade.com - #eternalcrusade - @lordpada

• freakishbeanfreakishbean Member UncommonPosts: 176
    Patrick, how in depth is the close combat system? Will there be paerying, rolling, actual skilled sword play or is it mainly click this button to attack hack n slash? I think dueling champions would be a grand sight to see, and combat systems like that in Chivalry and Dark Messiah are amongst some of the best ones out there. Skyrim gets an honorable mention. it coulda been better.

Needing is Wanting...
    Wanting is Coveting...
    Coveting is Sinning...
    I am SO going to Hell.

• slash9456slash9456 Member UncommonPosts: 13
    Can I play as a Warp Spider?
  • RazephonRazephon Member UncommonPosts: 628

So regarding the factions:

Granted we'll have 4 space marine chapters and I'm 'guessing' 4 chaos chapters. How will this be reflected for the Eldar and Orcs? Will we see the same level of differentiation or will they just be 1 coherent force.

Currently waiting for the MMO industry to put out something good.
    Originally posted by Razephon

Granted we'll have 4 space marine chapters and I'm 'guessing' 4 chaos chapters. How will this be reflected for the Eldar and Orcs? Will we see the same level of differentiation or will they just be 1 coherent force.

they have not announced how they will devide them up but i would expect them to be craftworlds for the eldar and clans for the orks.

• dwarfhunterdwarfhunter Member Posts: 8

mores questions!!!

1. Will

<span spelling_spelling="" checking_error"="" data-type-class="spelling_Spelling" pre="Will ">2. Might be too early to ask this but you mention there was horizontal and vertical progression. Soo does that mean ever one who say plays orcs starts off as a boy and as they progress up there say talent tree(or what ever you guys might call it) they'll eventually be able to progress on to say a stromboyz or what ever is a step above boys and then from nob they could be progress into commandos, weird nobz. or what ever. 

• dwarfhunterdwarfhunter Member Posts: 8

not sure what happend with my last post. lets try to fix this.

1. Will orks grow bigger as you level up/increase rank to easily show whos the biggest and the strongest.

2.Might be too early to ask this but you mention there was horizontal and vertical progression. Soo does that mean ever one who say plays orcs starts off as a boy and as they progress up there say talent tree(or what ever you guys might call it) they'll eventually be able to progress on to say a stromboyz or what ever is a step above boys and then from nob they could be progress into commandos, weird nobz. or what ever. 

• Valrak40kValrak40k Member UncommonPosts: 77
     I know it's nothing to do with you but do you and you've seen it asked plenty of times, but do you have any idea when the forums are out, I think getting these up will play a vital role in hyping the game up. At the moment the information we have is spread across too many sites, would be fantastic to get it in one place :)

Originally posted by freakishbean
    Patrick, how in depth is the close combat system? Will there be paerying, rolling, actual skilled sword play or is it mainly click this button to attack hack n slash? I think dueling champions would be a grand sight to see, and combat systems like that in Chivalry and Dark Messiah are amongst some of the best ones out there. Skyrim gets an honorable mention. it coulda been better.

it will be fun ;) There will be some mechanics to make the melee combat skillbased, but also with a little help from the computer - like a little autotargeting etc. - it's hard to say exactly how everything will playout because we have reserverd a lot of time to iterate this and make sure it is fun. If you think of Space Marine, Gears of War and maybe Batman Arkham City - those are references of how we plan to make melee happen. And all with the lore limitations ofc. - as much as possible ;)

Originally posted by slash9456
    Can I play as a Warp Spider?

Elder classes and craftsworlds have not been revealed yet.

Originally posted by dwarfhunter

1. Will orks grow bigger as you level up/increase rank to easily show whos the biggest and the strongest.

2.Might be too early to ask this but you mention there was horizontal and vertical progression. Soo does that mean ever one who say plays orcs starts off as a boy and as they progress up there say talent tree(or what ever you guys might call it) they'll eventually be able to progress on to say a stromboyz or what ever is a step above boys and then from nob they could be progress into commandos, weird nobz. or what ever. 

1. there is a number of reasons why we should not change the size of ork (animations etc.) - but we have discussed it and ofc we would like that approach - but it's to early to say if we will do it. there will be definitly ways to show the experience of a player, so don't worry about that.

2. it's to early to say how that will be realized - but you will be able to progress up in your 'class' and become an 'advanced class'.

Originally posted by Valrak40k
     I know it's nothing to do with you but do you and you've seen it asked plenty of times, but do you have any idea when the forums are out, I think getting these up will play a vital role in hyping the game up. At the moment the information we have is spread across too many sites, would be fantastic to get it in one place :)

it can't be long anymore - I've seen some screenshots already :)

Patrick Balthazar

Originally posted by patrickbalthazar

Originally posted by dwarfhunter

1. there is a number of reasons why we should not change the size of ork (animations etc.) - but we have discussed it and ofc we would like that approach - but it's to early to say if we will do it. there will be definitly ways to show the experience of a player, so don't worry about that.

some addition to this from vigila mortis forum:

patrickbalthazar:

Well in general it will be Armor and equipment that will show how experienced player you are - ofc lore does also allow for other options.
    Though we would like to see growing Orcs and stuff like that - to make it happen is a very different thing. I'll give you an example: Executions. If you make an interaction between 2 players (chopping off the head of the other player) the animations need to be in sync, both time and space wise, now if an orc would be larger, the chainsword might not hit his neck anymore...you see the problem?
    Now I am not saying this is not solvable - IK animation for people how know what I am talking about - but to make this happen it's extra work.
    So what I am saying - no promises - but we will look into it and treat it as a so called "nice to have" :)

Well in general it will be Armor and equipment that will show how experienced player you are - ofc lore does also allow for other options.
    Though we would like to see growing Orcs and stuff like that - to make it happen is a very different thing. I'll give you an example: Executions. If you make an interaction between 2 players (chopping off the head of the other player) the animations need to be in sync, both time and space wise, now if an orc would be larger, the chainsword might not hit his neck anymore...you see the problem?
    Now I am not saying this is not solvable - IK animation for people how know what I am talking about - but to make this happen it's extra work.
    So what I am saying - no promises - but we will look into it and treat it as a so called "nice to have" :)

Originally posted by Valrak40k

share them with us? :D we wont tell anyone O:-)

Other EC Sites i'm in:
    Dakkadakka Savij
    Reddit EC Savij1337

• grigdushergrigdusher Member UncommonPosts: 139
    Originally posted by patrickbalthazar

News for the news god, Screenshot for the screenshot folder.

war 40K Eternal Crusade: refferal 4$ bonus: EC-9Y7IAZJ8UZN6I http://www.eternalcrusade.com/account/sign-up/?ref_code=EC-9Y7IAZJ8UZN6I

• BeerSamuraiBeerSamurai Member Posts: 69

Yeah regarding orks, if they want to keep it lore firendly, they can have any number of clans but they will all serve a single WAAAGH!  It's very rare when a boss makes an alliance with another.  The only one I can think of is the one between Nazdreg and Ghazgkull...

Dreah I'm yunk, wazzit matter to you?

Originally posted by BeerSamurai

Yeah regarding orks, if they want to keep it lore firendly, they can have any number of clans but they will all serve a single WAAAGH!  It's very rare when a boss makes an alliance with another.  The only one I can think of is the one between Nazdreg and Ghazgkull...

well i think there will be no waaarghbozz at all

maybe a waaarghbozz voice for commands but no playable character

Other EC Sites i'm in:
    Dakkadakka Savij
    Reddit EC Savij1337

Well certainly that's what I mean.  Each army is going to have a figurehead(s) leading the armies into the battle.  Orks'll have a warboss, the others I dunno.  Warmaster maybe?

Well certainly that's what I mean.  Each army is going to have a figurehead(s) leading the armies into the battle.  Orks'll have a warboss, the others I dunno.  Warmaster maybe?

ya sounds good ^^

the big question is, will the orkbozz talk like an ork like "hey ya giz! go der an' giv em a good stompin!"

or talk more normal to give everyone an understanding what he want you to do :D

Other EC Sites i'm in:
    Dakkadakka Savij
    Reddit EC Savij1337

• freakishbeanfreakishbean Member UncommonPosts: 176

Thanks for answering my questio Patrick, always great to hear anything from you guys :)

Another question - will 40kEC have a showing at Gamescom this year?

Needing is Wanting...
    Wanting is Coveting...
    Coveting is Sinning...
    I am SO going to Hell.

Thanks for answering my questio Patrick, always great to hear anything from you guys :)

I read somewhere that behavior will be there but not EC :(

Other EC Sites i'm in:
    Dakkadakka Savij
    Reddit EC Savij1337

I read somewhere that behavior will be there but not EC :(

nope, too early to show something :)

Patrick Balthazar

ya sounds good ^^

the big question is, will the orkbozz talk like an ork like "hey ya giz! go der an' giv em a good stompin!"

or talk more normal to give everyone an understanding what he want you to do :D

Most likely a mix of the two.  Players receive legible objective commands and the boss yells those orders in typical orky behaviour.

Example, the order appears as "Capture that hill"

The Warboss says "I LOST ME GUD SHOOTA ON DAT HILL!  GET THOZE GITZ OFFA DA HILL SO I CAN LUKZ FER IT!"

Most likely a mix of the two.  Players receive legible objective commands and the boss yells those orders in typical orky behaviour.

The Warboss says "I LOST ME GUD SHOOTA ON DAT HILL!  GET THOZE GITZ OFFA DA HILL SO I CAN LUKZ FER IT!"

oh boy i would love da orkbozz for this :D

Other EC Sites i'm in:
    Dakkadakka Savij
    Reddit EC Savij1337

oh boy i would love da orkbozz for this :D

i predict some very comfused f2p 40k virgins being totaly freaked out by ork command chat. they will have to get used to collectvly being called a git.

then again space marine command chat probibly wont be much better "bothers! we must recover the emperor's secret pancake recipe from the foul zenos. for the emperor! for his holy breakfast!"

well they wont know what a git is :D

...and breakfast is very important!

Other EC Sites i'm in:
    Dakkadakka Savij
    Reddit EC Savij1337