Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My Perfect World

Now, before i start i would first like to say that this is my perfect world and if u dotn agree with something, u can always post what youd like but dont flame because u think somethigns stupid. thanks.

One thing i see that irritates me is the ability to camp a certain creature for months to get from level blah, to level blah blah. In a real scenario, you would master fighting that type of creature and would need more of that creature at once to gain more skill.

So, in my game would, killing the same creature would only be worth so much, you would gain X skill from fighting it and would search for new beasts to raise your skill. No more repetative killing of the same creature.

some would say this is to easy, youll level to max in a day, ya you would, only theres gonna be a catch =) monsters roam, theres no spawn where one monster will always pop out. You may run across a pack of creatures in this spot one day, and a bunny the next. The rarest monsters will be the most dangerous of course, and hardest to find. and even when you find it, will u have a group? be solo? both are variables in how much you get for killing it.

Each monster will give its own type of experience along with a basic experience, and possibly a third kind of experience if its a rare.

1. monster specific - xp in fighting that type of monster, gaining a knowledge of it, and how to take it down

1a. a more specific type of experience, for beating a certain type of said creature seeing as there is bound t obe mroe then one type of said creature i.e. dogs,wolves,coyote etc. You can max out your xp for that king of creature by tracking down all the different types, and maxing that type out. How will this help u? youll be a expert at killing wolves and dogs....what a accomplishment =P but say you do this with many many types of creatures you will become quite the skilled warrior.

2.basic xp. You get a certain ammount of basic xp wich goes to your general fighting ability i.c. how well u can react to new situations, general fighting, so on and so forth. this isnt just game xp, its what you learn as a player =P

3. rare - a bonus experience that can open up new skills, and make you a ultra fighter so to speak.

so does this sound stupid for a method of gaining level, well not really levels, but xp?

I mean this is how trade skills have generally been done, get X xp for creating Y  which = what? idunno, i suck at math....

But just think of a world where skills arent something your character is born with, and you just choose which u learn, imagine a world where fighting creatures and being trained by experienced player is the way to new skills. A world where everyone starts off with nothing, maybe a stick, or some gloves, and your mind.

A world where if this creature goes extinct, well then you better find players that killed it to learn useful skills or never have them, not be inferior, because you may have skills noone else does =)

Now this would probably be alot of work, assigning each creature so many different skills/xp/blah but wouldnt it be nice? instead of a tedious tree or page of skills u can learn, a entire world where what u do decides who u are?

You could become the master of exterminating bugs that infest player housing, and youll be the regular orchid man or orchin? i dunno, but ya a bug killer extrodinare! one to be feared even, for you have defeated the greatest insects in the game =P

ok ok, enough rambling, i know i left alot of my ideas out, but its good to put some down, im not sure if this is the right section to be posting tho...its about MMORPGs so thought it would be fitting. Thanks and if anythings jumbbled or doesnt make sense...eh, i didnt have it planned, i just wrote what iwas thinking so some stuff is bound to be messed up.

Good day! oh and my longest post evah! did anyone notice my text change size? or am i seeing things.....

One kick in the face is better then two.

Comments

• LansidLansid Member UncommonPosts: 1,097
    Out of curiosity... what MMORPG's have you played so far?

"There is only one thing of which I am certain, and that's nothing is certain."

"There is only one thing of which I am certain, and that's nothing is certain."

• soxxssoxxs Member UncommonPosts: 44

It make sense, but i think some ppl dont wana speend so much time running arownd looking for m onsters to lvl on. Some times you just wana lvl, and dont realy care about the gaming experince.

And i think most of the new games are a bit like you want. Btw the first text size was nicer :P

• BuMnAcHaIrBuMnAcHaIr Member Posts: 77

sadly that mgiht be true....

and ive played, AC,AC2,EQ,DAoC,AO,NC,uhm...EB..la la what else...SWG <--pissed me off..

Ragnarok online......and a buncha other freebies and what not....been playing MMO's for..about 6 years now..roughly

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

Can't understand what you mean about killing 1 monster over and over again for months.

I personally don't know any game where you do that simply for the fact that most games have level of mob.

So if you killed a rat in say EQ at level 2 and keep killling it by level 6 it stops giving you any experience and you have to move on to another monster.

Same goes for DAoC where a grey would give u 1 exp so you should firgure out where to move.

Same goes for most MMORPG.

So if you end up killing one mob for monster then it must be down to personal choice since the developers want you to move on but can't force you not to kill mobs for no exp or 1 exp.

As for rare monsters giving you more experience it already happens in EQ.The hardest monsters in EQ are also the rarest .They give the best exp and the best loot.Only reason you don't feel the effects of the experience is because you need a large group to kill those types of monsters.

And honestly been a social player I hate to think that the rarest(and those that give the best exp or loot) monsters would be soloable.Kind of kills the MMO part for me if that happens.

Monster specific  exp might work though who knows.