Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Comments

• alyosha17alyosha17 Member Posts: 156
    I think the fact that they refer to classes as "characters" is evidence that the class system will not have very much diversity.
  • NasaNasa Member UncommonPosts: 739
    Originally posted by alyosha17
    I think the fact that they refer to classes as "characters" is evidence that the class system will not have very much diversity.

I hope and think you are wrong. It would not make much sense to make classes anyway then.

• RelGnRelGn Member Posts: 494

Lets hope for the best graphics look stunning.

What remains now is game mechanics and gameplay

• JinxysJinxys Member UncommonPosts: 488
    Originally posted by RelGn

Lets hope for the best graphics look stunning.

What remains now is game mechanics and gameplay

Yup I agree. They got the graphics down really well. At least in my book they have. Looks very impressive. Now let's hope the gameplay is really awesome. Gameplay over graphics any day as far as I am concerned. The pretty graphics are a bonus hehe

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    That looks amazing

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• RelGnRelGn Member Posts: 494

For me a game to be the hit of the year should have the following

Realistic graphics(black desert)

Great epic music(wow)

Game mechanics(poe)

Gameplay/response(wow)

Sound effects(diablo 2,diablo 3)

visual effects(dragons dogma dark arisen)

some vocals(elder srolls series,dragon age origins)

Finally for mmos only -->> SEAMLESS WORLD!!!!!! AND GENUINE SANDBOX ELEMENTS

If a game ever exist with the combination of the above it's going to be a masterpiece

• asrlohzasrlohz Member Posts: 645

You're making terrible assumptions. In fighting games they refer to the playable "classes" as characters but they are much more diverse than any class in games such as WoW. Whilst it might be true that the classes will lack diversity in the final product, calling them "Characters" is no proof what so ever that they will be.

It's like saying "I know GW2 would have terrible classes because they called them professions" Also, he referred to them as classes as well in the video. I think that he is just struggling a bit with the language barrier.

• xanthmetisxanthmetis Member UncommonPosts: 141
    The interviewer looked as if he was going to throw up through  out the video and was  the color of a tomato.  The interviewee had a nice shine through out his face.  Game looks interesting as well.  I did not catch any information on OW PvP.  Did anyone else?
  • HokieHokie Member UncommonPosts: 1,063

For a game that is so based in realism, I find it so disappointing they went with such childish anime combat animations.

I understand almost all fantasy and some sci-fi games for that matter go with the very stylistic animations, but my god when you have damn near photo realistic graphics and then you see the animations...its too much of a shock.

You can still have fantasy, just dont go so childish with it.

Its like going from this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLuZPIc8nSk

To this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iym8TVQH7hA

Both are over the top fantasy/sci-fi. One just based itself in psuedo-realism. The other based its self...in stupidity.

"I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

• alyosha17alyosha17 Member Posts: 156
    Originally posted by asrlohz

You're making terrible assumptions. In fighting games they refer to the playable "classes" as characters but they are much more diverse than any class in games such as WoW. Whilst it might be true that the classes will lack diversity in the final product, calling them "Characters" is no proof what so ever that they will be.

It's like saying "I know GW2 would have terrible classes because they called them professions" Also, he referred to them as classes as well in the video. I think that he is just struggling a bit with the language barrier.

I was hardly making assumptions when every video and interview in which the devs are asked about their "class" system, the devs clearly go on to lay out the fact that their "characters" will not allow you to change race nor gender.

I watched a gameplay video where the interviewer asked "you can play a giant race in this game, right?" And then the representative was like "yes, you can play the giant character."  And the interviewer persisted and asked them whether you could play a thief character as a giant, and the devs were completely confused by this question & needed the question clarified and reclarified like a million times, suggesting that their confusion arose because race & character & class to them is completely synonymous.  And it's not like this is a single incident, it happens in every interview and on their facebook page.

They are releasing "characters", not "classes".  You choose your character (which comes with a preset race and gender & set of actions, much like Vindictus).

• AmarantharAmaranthar Member EpicPosts: 5,797
    Originally posted by asrlohz

I was hardly making assumptions when every video and interview in which the devs are asked about their "class" system, the devs clearly go on to lay out the fact that their "characters" will not allow you to change race nor gender.

I watched a gameplay video where the interviewer asked "you can play a giant race in this game, right?" And then the representative was like "yes, you can play the giant character."  And the interviewer persisted and asked them whether you could play a thief character as a giant, and the devs were completely confused by this question & needed the question clarified and reclarified like a million times, suggesting that their confusion arose because race & character & class to them is completely synonymous.  And it's not like this is a single incident, it happens in every interview and on their facebook page.

They are releasing "characters", not "classes".  You choose your character (which comes with a preset race and gender & set of actions, much like Vindictus).

I see what you're getting at. And if so, that would be very bad news. But didn't they say somewhere that a giant "could" be a thief, but only functional with the right magical gear to boost dexterity stats and quickness (or something like that)? It could be that they are confused why someone playing a giant would ever expect to be able to play a dexterity based "class".

It's hard to tell for me. Especially now that you've raised this point. I hope you're wrong, but now I'll be watching for clues on this until we get to see what the case actually is.

Once upon a time....