Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Good pirate game?

JoegreatJoegreat Member Posts: 2

Hi I'm looking for a good pirates era game that is a mmorpg. I've played Disney Pirates of the Caribbean  Online, but was frustrated by the lack of content available to those of us who didn't want to make monthly payments. So, I'm looking for a game that is maybe a flat rate to pay and then play free or something that you pay for in-game currency if you don't want to wait to earn it. I'd like something with both sea and land pvp battling. And I would like to bring friends on my ship and be able to walk around and man cannons on my ship(Pirates of the Burning Sea didn't have this so I don't want it. POTCO did though and that was awesome). So, please share if you know any! Joegreat

P.s. Also are there any mmo developers that are open to suggestions for their next game?

Comments

• antidotikantidotik Member Posts: 31
    play eve online with me I can make you a real somali pirate

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    Pirate101 sure died out quick here...Didnt this forum vote it MMO of the year for 2012 or something like that?
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by Theocritus
    Pirate101 sure died out quick here...Didnt this forum vote it MMO of the year for 2012 or something like that?

There's countless threads on the front page screaming and crying about cartoon graphics, and you're wondering why Pirate 101 isn't big with this crowd? image

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• DashiDMVDashiDMV Member Posts: 362

Pirate 101 got over because KingsIsle offered free stuff if people came over and voted for it and also there was some "motivation" given to this site to make sure it was #1.

Not saying it is a bad game, it has it's moments as I have posted before but probably doesn't have the engagement most users of this site are looking for.

I remembered a while ago there was a story on a game called Wind of Luck. Was supposed to be the end-all-be-all pirate game. I checked up on it before posting this and seems like it is in open beta so might be worth a try to see if that gives you the features you are looking for.

• JoegreatJoegreat Member Posts: 2
    Thx for the tip!