Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which game is right for me?

I just got through playing SWG(was fun for a while but became boring once id mastered the professions i wanted and visited all the cool places)and before that i played everquest for about a year.now i am looking for something new to play.here is what im looking for

I dont care how old or new the game is or when it comes out i dont mind waiting a little while for it.the graphics of it also do not matter to me.one thing i want is many quests or other things to do so that you are basically never bored.i want to never be bored whether i stay on for 12 hours or 12 minutes.also i like updates.that is one thing i didnt like about SWG because in the 3 or so months i played they only put out 1 update with actualy new content in it.but most importantly the thing i want is many,many weapons,armor,items,and different things.i hated it in swg where EVERYONE looked the same because everyone just bought a full set of armor.i want there to be many different variations of looks with your armor and/or clothes.and i just want a wide variety of weapons.and lastly i like alot of races and classes.

thank you in advance

EQ-
17 Warrior-Azurok(barbarian)
21 Warrior-Diunuz(troll)
SWG(ugh...why?)-
Armorsmith/Weaponsmith-Diunuz(zabrak)
Expert Bounty Hunter-Dallas(human)
Ranger-Azurossk(trandoshan)
FFXI(soon to be)-
Ninja/Samurai-Azurok(hume)

Comments

• Odin1985Odin1985 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 342
    well i must say, crystal atatrium, but in teh mean time i guess ffXI or WoW they both seem great

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man´s character give him power"
    -Abraham Lincoln

Coder, Webmaster and Modeler

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man?s character give him power"
    -Abraham Lincoln

• K2theKK2theK Member Posts: 67

Do you like Pvp? or are you mainly into PvE?

well..seems that you are looking for a game with alot of variety, I would have suggested EQ but you have already done that :)

Unfortunately, most of the games currently out seem to be very short on content and variety. Horizons might be one worth looking at, and I think World of Warcraft will be something that will definately be worth a look. EQ2 is another possible...they certainly put plenty of content into everquest, so I imagine they will do likewise with eq2.

Always a tough genre to make recommendations this....so many of the existing games get so boring so quick. /shrug

• lyonman24lyonman24 Member Posts: 855
    you are describing UO. plenty of options for clothes and such. and you will not get bored if you make friends. i know UO is old but still has the most content for anytype of player out there and if your like me you can go gather your own resources. UO is the only game i can think of in mmo games that you can do that.

• rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786
     I have DAoC and i enjoy it alot. Some of what you want isn't in there i don't think though. I find DAoC as an mmorpg diablo. It focuses alot on fighting and questing, which diablo had. If you enjoy diablo you will probably like this game. If not, WoW looks like a good one.

http://www.OriginNow.com - Official Fanboi

EverQuest II : Level 20 Paladin - Antonia Bayle Server
  • herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

Originally posted by Odin1985
    well i must say, crystal atatrium, but in teh mean time i guess ffXI or WoW they both seem great

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man´s character give him power"
    -Abraham Lincoln

He said he wanted to play a game.He did not say he wanted to wait a year for WoW and "hope" it meets his needs.

Best bet is DAoC i think.With the new expansion coming out later in month you should be quite ok for quests.

Also there is a good variety of weapons in DAoC which is the closest in terms of weapons and quest to EQ.

UO will not meet your criteria for sure.UO has virtually no quests and the few that are resembles SWG quests in many ways(again the influence  of ex UO programmers in SWG).

Weapon variety is also very small compared to SWG even so doubt  you would be happy there at all.

You sound pretty much like a EQer.EQers like dungeons,quests,variety,challenges.Sadly no game out there has this as EQ.

However,DAoC has a good deal of this to offer and the extra fun of RvR(if the xerg does not get you LOL).

Coloring clothes and armour  to give a different look is also avaliable in DAoC(thus i was the green cleric!)

Also the graphics are not half bad in DAoCYeah i know you said you don't care about graphics but some of this games can cause you to fit.

So my verdict is for sure DAoC.

• psibotpsibot Member Posts: 254

I always loved AC1(Asheron Call) just because they have an free content update every month not like other games where you get 2-4 updates for cash a year.

This always produced an unique flare for me other updating sytems tend to get me bored.

P.S.: don't try AC2 there is a reason why server have 200-300 player prime time game may sound good but has tons of game design flaws and lacks. they update too monthly btw.

---
    Light laughter and sweet water to you fellow adventures.

• LansidLansid Member UncommonPosts: 1,097

Anarchy Online... if you want to be different... this is the game to do it in. I'd do some research on this one if I were you or see if they still have the free trial thing going on.

Asheron's Call... Still a big playerbase and dedicated fans.

DAoC... if you like team PvP aka RvR.

Then there are a few that are comming out...

Horizons - I'd read up on this game and find out more if I were you. I've heard mixed stories about it...

Final Fantasy XI - This is the game I'm personally going to try next. I too was a huge EQ addict and nothing "felt right" after that, so after researching and reading up on it, the game has tons of promise to me at least, again... I'd read up on it and see if it's what you're looking for.

Hope this somewhat helped! But it's really up to your specific tastes in a game... perhaps if you posted a tad more specific on what you want/don't want we could focus on more what you might like... :)

"There is only one thing of which I am certain, and that's nothing is certain."

"There is only one thing of which I am certain, and that's nothing is certain."

• Hangar18Hangar18 Member Posts: 18
    Right now I think im looking into DAoC,AC1,FFXI,and Horizons.Im pretty sure i dont want to get Horizons because ive heard many people say its bad(though that is still just speculation so you never know).I just have one question about AC1.Since AC2 is out do they still do the monthly updates on it?and is there still a good amount of players?thanks again for the help.

EQ-
    17 Warrior-Azurok(barbarian)
    21 Warrior-Diunuz(troll)
    SWG(ugh...why?)-
    Armorsmith/Weaponsmith-Diunuz(zabrak)
    Expert Bounty Hunter-Dallas(human)
    Ranger-Azurossk(trandoshan)
    FFXI(soon to be)-
    Ninja/Samurai-Azurok(hume)

• meisterman12meisterman12 Member Posts: 11
    try EQ

• TigerReiTigerRei Member UncommonPosts: 141
    Sign up for the Face of Mankind beta at www.faceofmankind.com and try it out when beta starts. See if you like it or not.

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

AC1 like many said has a good dedicated crowd.Since AC2 did not do so well most of those who left for AC@ went back to AC1.

So the population while not very  large like EQ or DAoC is still reasonably big.

As for monthly updates i know  they used to just a little while ago but can't say now.

FF XI well i have heard bad things about it and honestly I never got into the asian games myself.

It might actually be a great game but not for me i would think.

Games you can get on free download thats worth a shot is AO,AC2 ,shadowbane .

I would suggest you try the free trials first and see if any of this picks your fancy.

If not then buy DAoC.