Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please skip this game

Comments

• r3dl4ncer3dl4nce Member UncommonPosts: 114
    Originally posted by ROFLcopter13

As the title says, reasons outlined below. This is just my opinion, if you want to waste time on this clusterfuck then go ahead. And I dont care if you agree with me or not so troll/flame away fanbois.

My opinionis based on your list:

1. gear lose durability if you die. Well, you should not die. Death should have consequences.

2. Developers not changing a good decision for a bunch of whiners? Hell yeah! Go for it!

3. I know that most F2P games lately are using "open beta" just as an excuse for a release and if they found problems/bugs they can say "it's beta". Well, Red5 is no different from other SH and they used this "soft-launch" method, they however are working to fix problems as soon as they arise (in 2-3 days they fixed the problems with the printer lag). In this aspect Red5 is no different from Cryptic (Neverwinter soft-launch) or other software house.

4. World is not very big, I agree. But in a shooter in the end you login and shoot things, having random invasions, random ARES mission and so on can give always a different experience even if in a small world.

5. UI  is good, just adapt to it.

6. If you find enemies too difficult, just play smarter or join a squad. 

7. You will die if you play bad or you make mistakes. the game is a lot based on group playing, if you play mostly alone you risk a lot more

• KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703
    Originally posted by TheHavok
    Originally posted by Jadedangel1
    Originally posted by Tyrantas
    OMG op basically says it's hard game and not for carebears, downloading it right now!

The game is not really hard at all, its just confusing since the design of many of the in game systems are overly complicated for no reason, and is not intuitive at all. So its not about being a carebear or handholding. And though the game has a small tutorial in the beginning it doesn't really give much information. Like with crafting, it tells you that you have to mix different resources that you thumped for to craft items, but completely skips over the fact that all resources have to go through a separate refining process to get other derivatives that too are required in leveling up your frames. Most people rely on asking veterans on what to do, since like I said, many things in game are not very intuitive at all.

I can only now solo a level 2 mission. I've attempted to solo a tornado and gave up after the fourth death. Sure, when a dozen or more people are all attacking the same thing, its easy, but solo, things get tough.

Contrary to what some people will tell you, firefall is much more about stats than any skill.  Especially since just before it launched they killed run speed so that when you start you move a lot slower than anywhere else.  Once you get the stats up you'll find that surviving a tornado solo becomes easy(just run and shoot).  Until then find a better position and shoot from there and you should survive without any trouble.  I will also say that even once you have the stats you still won't be able to solo the tornado(or incursion etc) as it's designed to be group only(tbh most of firefall is), not that it's difficult it's just that you won't be able to do enough damage in the time available.

• TyrianPrimeTyrianPrime Member UncommonPosts: 107

Whatever this game is, bashing it enough, has tempted me to try it as well.

Bad publicity is also publicity, nevertheless, publicity does not equal gamer retention also:)

Fully supporting STAR CITIZEN by the Legendary Grandmaster of the Space Game Genre, Chris Roberts.For Captain Eisen's memory.....For Squadron 42...For the Space Genre....For the PC....I pledge!
    Star Citizen
    TOG Star Citizen-Join Us

• ShrillyShrilly Member UncommonPosts: 421
    Everyone jumps onto the "need to try this game out bandwagon and post on here to seem leet" Game is lacking in many areas. All thats needed to be said. It needs work. It is not hard at all very simple very dull.
  • VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749

I'm sure a lot of people will like the game.  I didn't.  It's a shooter and far too crafting centric for my tastes.  I also prefer fantasy over sci-fi.  The graphics were pretty nice as were the animations.  Since I didn't craft or thump, I didn't experience the lag he talks about, but I know it existed from the constant chat about it.  Useable and worthwhile gear drops were pretty rare, obviously in an effort to push crafting to the fore.  As a result, I was usually outclassed by mobs and like him, I died a lot too.

If you really like shooters, then this game has something to offer, but to be honest, I enjoyed Planetside 2 much more and it doesn't even have any PvE content.  That's not saying much when I barely stuck with PS2 for more than a couple of weeks.

• AzothAzoth Member UncommonPosts: 840
    Thanks Op you made me try the game and I am loving it.
  • aslan132aslan132 Member UncommonPosts: 619

After reading this post, and a few more similar ones, my entire guild of 70 is giving this game a shot. We are looking for something to pass the time until the new AAA releases later in the year and next year. Because of things like perma loss and durability, we are going full on into this game.

Great post OP, Red 5 just got nearly 100 new players :)

• GishgeronGishgeron Member Posts: 1,287

As the title says, reasons outlined below. This is just my opinion, if you want to waste time on this clusterfuck then go ahead. And I dont care if you agree with me or not so troll/flame away fanbois.

1. Permanent Durability System - Players beware! That nice new shiny purple you just got? Well guess what, if you want to hold on to it you better not die no more than 10 times because at that point it "breaks" and becomes unusable. Sure you can pour hours and hours and hours of time farming mats to make a crafted piece but it will still break, although it will take longer. Matter of fact, the only items in this game that will last forever are stock items that you get when you first start, I guess they didnt want naked people running around not able to play.

^This is a pretty silly thing to complain about.  The durability system is a core part of the game design.  You can make the argument that it is, perhaps, too severe when compared to the deaths you incur.  But saying its bad and that they should change what is, essentially, core game concepts to suit your needs is juvenile.  Furthermore there is no telling which element of the game is being balanced against it right now.  They might not intend for players to die this often, and are looking at rebalancing the difficulty as time goes on.  This is a critical part of a large beta, getting a large sample group to study.  There are things you cannot learn from 100 people playing your game.  If most of those 100 are just insanely good shooter players then your study group is skewed and the results won't be realistic.  THIS IS WHY YOU HAVE AN OPEN BETA.

2. Red 5 doesnt care about their players. As the above argument says, in durability, many many many players voiced their concern and disdain about this decision and Red 5's response? In a nutshell "we have made a decision, deal with it!" Sure all of the fanbois who plopped down $100+ for a founders pack will come running to defend R5, and why shouldnt they? They are now financially vested in the company. By the way, these same players will be suffering durability also. Nice way to show your appreciation for their hard earned money R5...

^You are playing a free game that is in a very OBVIOUS beta phase.  Nearly every reviewer that has touched it has said as much.  There is no question about what you are playing when you start this.  Now, lets set that aside.  They should absolutely NOT change the game because people cried about it.  They should adjust things, sure, to make the game as appealing and fun as they can.  But shifting core design elements is always a bad ideal.  Its the reason SWG tanked.  When you are in a leadership role you have to make a choice and stick to it.  You can evolve your choice to make it a better one, but thats better than changing your mind all the time.  When you do that, when you start backtracking and abandoning your vision, you never get the chance to refine anything into a fun, workable state.  I do not feel that its fair to say they don't care about their players simply because they don't want to leave core design elements behind before they even have the change to improve them.

3. They dont know how to stress test their servers prior to opening the flood gates for a rather failed open beta launch.

^There are some things you cannot test simply by adding more computations to the server.  You either have actual players doing things they would normally do, or you have a simulation-type program emulate player load.  The problem is that an emulation doesn't do what a player would do.  You might have a day where a large number of players all decide to access one shop while, in the same zone, even more are detonating things and using skills in a way you didn't predict.  You need live players to create those situations.  This is WHY games run an open beta in the first place.  Its never supposed to be a free trial of the game to garner support.  I realize that many have used it that way.  But, sometimes, you just need to test what will happen when real people do things you wouldn't expect.

Yes, we know beta is beta. We dont give a crap. We know what beta is, we arent idiots. Last time I checked however there are different PHASES to game development from alpha-->closed beta-->stress test-->open beta-->stress test-->release. The issues that are plaguing players right now as I sit here and type this are: Lag spikes (anticipated with OB), login issues (anticipated with OB), SIN server issues (basically they have a different server called a SIN server to handle inventory queries and the like so they can do on the fly patching without bringing the server down, but there is a latency when you try to open your inventory, speak to a shop keeper, make any kind of upgrade to your character, and craft.) (game breaking, should have been resolved in CBT!!!!)

^As I said above, you don't know WHY this bug is happening.  There are an incredible amount of things that could cause that lag spike when using inventories or shops that wouldn't have been present with a smaller test group or emulation.  A closed beta does not have the volume of players doing unexpected things an open beta does.  Stop assuming you understand the complexity of these games and what it takes to make them or what problems can arise.  The issue might not have been present in closed, or not as prevalent.  The second one is almost worse because it makes it hard to replicate, and therefore night impossible to fix.  So the developer gets to KNOW there is a problem but not have the hard data to resolve it.

4. Very limited content... Theres only 2 areas that I know of. The main starting area which is open and non linear, this is where you will spend the bulk of your time learning the game, grinding, getting exp, farming, etc. And Antarctica, I dont know much about this zone except that its more of a mid to high level zone. There are no levels in this zone, its skill based if anything, actually its more crafting based due to the durability issue above.

^The first fair thing you've said.  But the content of this game was never meant to be linear or railed.  So its really hard to tell if its a personal thing for you, or a factual thing about the game.  I need to hear from people who play abstractly.  Like a minecraft player or something.  Someone who is comfortable creating their own goals and content in a game that supports it.

5. The UI sucks. It just does. Lots of wasted space, unnecessary mouse clicks to perform basic functions.

^Another fair point to make.  You're getting better at this as I read on.  You'd be amazed at how challenging UI design can really be.  Its not the same mental exercise that making the core game is.  You have to be a person with a mind for efficiency and simplicity and thats not always the same guy thats good at making deep, engaging gameplay.  But instead of trying to bash the game and turn people away, why don't you submit your thoughts to them about it.  Suggest ways it could be improved, and phrase it with respect and manners.  Most games need to improve their UI and menu function.  But not everyone is good at realizing what the best options are.  They are just people like us.  They need input and help to realize things sometimes.

6. Enemies have 95% accuracy when shooting at you, also some of the enemies (Tanken Grenadiers, Aranha Siegers, Chosen Juggernauts damage is way way high, its out of balance. The snipers I can understand because they have to stay stationary and charge up their rifles. But when you run an ares mission (dynamic "quests" that spawn around the world) the server will spawn 20-30 mobs, and sometimes it will spawn way way too many juggernauts, snipers, or grenadiers.. Which leads me to my next point...

^I have not heard this before.  If you had been more reasoned and thoughtful before now I'd take more of this point at face value and consider it.  But I'm willing to bet this is more of "how you feel the game is" versus "actual spreadsheet style statistics".  If you play all day and get hit even half the time it can feel like its all the time if the damage ratios are high.  In other words, the enemy could hit you only every other shot and it would still feel like they hit every time when you watched your health.

7. You WILL die in this game.. Many many times. Ive been playing MMO's since 1999 and ive died more in this game in the two weeks ive been playing it than any other game... ever. So if dying pisses you off this game is not for you. I will clarify, dying doesnt piss me off, not in a game, its expected. But dying in a stupid way, be it to bugs or 50 enemies spawning on you when a quest is complete and shouldnt spawn any more mobs is very frustrating, especially when you know that you just took a 10% durability hit and 9 more deaths mean you need to craft or buy more gear...

^I would wait till closer to release and see if that is still an issue.  They might be still adjusting challenge levels and damage equations.  Even still, it would be nice to have a game with challenging AI.  Its one of my favorite things about Call of Duty evolution.  They really started improving the bot AI and made the custom matches more interesting.

8. The market (auction house) UI isnt very intuitive. You cant search for a specific thing. The items listed arent very descriptive of what you can and cant use. If youre buying a new weapon it only gives the stats, and very basic stats, it doesnt say if a bio tech can use it only or an engineer. So new players will be majorly put off by this. Knowing what uses what only comes from asking in zone chat when the chat is actually WORKING or trying to find out via google.

^This is a terrible oversight, and one that I feel I could probably assume as true given your thoughts on the UI.  They probably aren't the strongest team for elegant and informative design.  Again, though, you learn through doing.  So offer feedback.  Its a beta, they kinda want it.

9. The crafting system is too extensive and complex. I wanted to make some armor for my dreadnaught (a tank class), i had to go out and farm 100 hisser nests. Because I needed 100 hisser DNA to make ONE SUBCOMPONENT for my armor. Each nest spawns about 5-8 hissers, id get one DNA per nest. These nests are spawned dynamically over the map only in certain areas (like on the west side for instance) so finding all 100 was no easy task. I think it took two days before I had everything I needed to make a TIER TWO armor. This is silly as there are 4 tiers in the game. New players arent going to want to go farm for hours on end until their eyes bleed just to make one piece which will be lost forever when they die too many times.

^I've heard this mirrored many times.  Part of it is likely returned back to the elegance in design problems they face.  The lengthy farming isn't a big deal, especially if they try to create a healthy player economy in the game.  But it does need to be balanced against death rates and demand.

10. Resources and mats are too complex. Hisser DNA, Aranha DNA, Chosen Tech pieces, Stolen chosen tech pieces, 3 different types of resources (Gas, Organic, Mineral) and theres about 16 different "ores" of each type and THEN there are qualities of each "ore" going from poor (white) to epic (purple) from most common (white) to rarest (epic) grades. All of this is very hard to understand for a new player. Oh and did I mention that they are going to implement a limited sized inventory soon? They dont have bank implemented, but as of now the inventory is infinite space. But this is causing that SIN server I spoke about earlier to be overtaxed on DB queries and its causing a lot of lag and latency now when doing anything that requires the use of the SIN server..

^I don't see this as a problem.  Complexity in crafting is good, it means there is division between crafters and non.  But this only matters if they really focus the game around a player economy and make crafting a secondary focus point for players.  By that I mean making it so that people can devote to it in place of murdering things.  SWG had complex crafting and it served them well, but it was supported by great game elements to enable player economy to flourish.

I will be fair and say the world itself is beautiful. The mountains get old pretty quick but you can find a shortcut or two here and there. The characters/player models look cartoony and dont have much depth. My wife said it looked like I was playing with "G.I. Joes"...

Okay thats all I am gonna write for now. As it is right now dont even try playing this game, it really sucks cause almost nothing works. Dont take my word for it, just hop over to the general forum and tech help forum and youll see a lot of "CANT LOG IN messages. The main "unable to log in" thread is at 9 pages last time I checked (about 45 minutes ago before I started typing this). When things ARE working however its okay, and something to tide you over until the next big thing comes around the corner.

My final thoughts are this:  I don't think you are stupid.  I understand your feelings, though I feel you've let them erode many of your more reasoned points by overwhelming fact and logic with irritation.  Its hard to separate how you feel from actual root cause situations.  You need to step back and really alter your frame of view.  This is not a game.  This is, largely, a test to create a game.  Your place in that situation is to help them make a game by delivering useful and structured data.  You aren't doing that anymore.  You're playing it as a finished product and crapping all over them in an attempt to drive away future testers or players.  This will not make the game better, nor will it help this industry move forward at all.  The mentality you are showcasing here is the core of many problems they face when making MMO games.  We need more data and feedback during the testing phases of games and less focus on just playing them.  But companies cannot do this if they always have to feel like they need a 100% game before they let anyone play.  They need data from having so many players at once, and they cannot do it any other way.

Peace.

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

I don't follow the game that well, but why not allow (like swg) repair kits that reduce the total durability.  Then you could buy (for a super high in game cost/high craft cost) an item that can return that durability back up.

Boom.

• WrenderWrender Member Posts: 1,386
    Wasn't going to play this at all till I read the op's post. Downloading as I type. Sounds freaking awesome , can't wait to jump in. Been waiting for a game like this for a very long time. Gear that actually degrades? Actually get killed a lot? Challenging? Crafting based economy? Sounds right up my ally!!
  • utvetteguyutvetteguy Member UncommonPosts: 8
    It's a lot of fun, thanks OP 
  • BaitnessBaitness Member UncommonPosts: 675
    The OP is what pushed me over the edge to try this game.  Some of what he said was incorrect, but not all of it.  I haven't skipped on sleep to get more playtime on a game in quite awhile, but I cannot help it here.  I am spending terrible amounts of time playing, I feel guilty but it is too much fun.
  • DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    I've run into someone in Firefall claiming that the game is bad because this forum says so. Suffice to say mmorpg.com trolls are getting more proactive.

• RaassRaass Member UncommonPosts: 24
    I read this and downloaded the game, at first I was like what the hell do I do.  Then I started to talk in chat and the guys online helped.  The game reminds me of a mix of Duke Nukem and GI Joe.   Its is so fun to play.  If you stand around and fire, you will die.  You have a jet pack, use it.  Better know how or learn how to move and fire.  It is so fun to play that I play before work and after the wife starts watching her home improvement shows.  haha The OP maybe wants an easier game, and that  is fine.  Me, since its free I'll play this game and old style MMOs, until EQN comes out for me. And yes it does have bugs.  Come on it's OB.
  • RinnaRinna Member UncommonPosts: 389

I actually like flying around with my jumpboots healing people killing bugs in thump groups.  It's mindless fun when i don't feel like delving into a MMO and just want some breezy fun for the night.  

It's even more fun once you upgrade your battlesuit and get more powerful :)

No bitchers.

• avalon1000avalon1000 Member UncommonPosts: 791

Yep it's not a warm and fuzzy MMO. You  WILL die. I like the AI of the mobs. Sometimes they will surprise you. Watch out for enemy snipers (clue: when you hear a high pitch whine start up get behind cover....their lasers can one shot you).  Take out the enemy snipers first if you can. I totally get lost in this game and lose track of time (need more sleep). The one thing I do not like is crafting. I don't want to farm (grind) dna for hours on end. So I buy most of my equipment in the player store (not really an auction house as everything has a set price).

• BaitnessBaitness Member UncommonPosts: 675
    Originally posted by avalon1000

Yep it's not a warm and fuzzy MMO. You  WILL die. I like the AI of the mobs. Sometimes they will surprise you. Watch out for enemy snipers (clue: when you hear a high pitch whine start up get behind cover....their lasers can one shot you).  Take out the enemy snipers first if you can. I totally get lost in this game and lose track of time (need more sleep). The one thing I do not like is crafting. I don't want to farm (grind) dna for hours on end. So I buy most of my equipment in the player store (not really an auction house as everything has a set price).

I like crafting a lot more since they clearly labelled what each component of the item you craft does.  For example, I know to use my best crafting materials on the component that affects the damage of the weapon, where I might not care so much on the clip size.

As for DNA grinding, I still do not have enough thrasher DNA for anything.  I hope they add thrasher nests.  I never spend too long farming the other types of DNA, I just try to make a point to clean out any nests I see unless I am grouping up.  I have just been using servos that I find since I do not have the thrasher DNA.  Fortunately servos seem to drop pretty frequently, as I have way more than I need.

• jaffrojonesjaffrojones Member Posts: 42
    1. Permanent Durability System - Players beware! That nice new shiny purple you just got? Well guess what, if you want to hold on to it you better not die no more than 10 times because at that point it "breaks" and becomes unusable. Sure you can pour hours and hours and hours of time farming mats to make a crafted piece but it will still break, although it will take longer. Matter of fact, the only items in this game that will last forever are stock items that you get when you first start, I guess they didnt want naked people running around not able to play.

2. Red 5 doesnt care about their players. As the above argument says, in durability, many many many players voiced their concern and disdain about this decision and Red 5's response? In a nutshell "we have made a decision, deal with it!" Sure all of the fanbois who plopped down $100+ for a founders pack will come running to defend R5, and why shouldnt they? They are now financially vested in the company. By the way, these same players will be suffering durability also. Nice way to show your appreciation for their hard earned money R5...

I'm not going to talk about the other items on the list, though I disagree with most of them. These two though, I wanted to say a couple of things.

1. This is only for items you pick up. Items created can be altered by items so they have a repair pool. Also, the items created are eventually better than items you pick up, which is not the case for almost every mmo.

2. Red 5 doesn't care? Give me a break. I had a bug with my character where I couldn't equip items because of a patch, but I was impatient, so I deleted my character. They then announced that they fixed the problem, so I emailed them and asked if it was possible to roll back my character to a certain date and time. They had it done for me in 3 hours and were in constant communication with me during the process. If this doesn't show they care about their players, I don't know what does.

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

3. They dont know how to stress test their servers prior to opening the flood gates for a rather failed open beta launch.

Yes, we know beta is beta. We dont give a crap. We know what beta is, we arent idiots. Last time I checked however there are different PHASES to game development from alpha-->closed beta-->stress test-->open beta-->stress test-->release. The issues that are plaguing players right now as I sit here and type this are: Lag spikes (anticipated with OB), login issues (anticipated with OB), SIN server issues (basically they have a different server called a SIN server to handle inventory queries and the like so they can do on the fly patching without bringing the server down, but there is a latency when you try to open your inventory, speak to a shop keeper, make any kind of upgrade to your character, and craft.) (game breaking, should have been resolved in CBT!!!!)

4. Very limited content... Theres only 2 areas that I know of. The main starting area which is open and non linear, this is where you will spend the bulk of your time learning the game, grinding, getting exp, farming, etc. And Antarctica, I dont know much about this zone except that its more of a mid to high level zone. There are no levels in this zone, its skill based if anything, actually its more crafting based due to the durability issue above.

5. The UI sucks. It just does. Lots of wasted space, unnecessary mouse clicks to perform basic functions.

6. Enemies have 95% accuracy when shooting at you, also some of the enemies (Tanken Grenadiers, Aranha Siegers, Chosen Juggernauts damage is way way high, its out of balance. The snipers I can understand because they have to stay stationary and charge up their rifles. But when you run an ares mission (dynamic "quests" that spawn around the world) the server will spawn 20-30 mobs, and sometimes it will spawn way way too many juggernauts, snipers, or grenadiers.. Which leads me to my next point...

7. You WILL die in this game.. Many many times. Ive been playing MMO's since 1999 and ive died more in this game in the two weeks ive been playing it than any other game... ever. So if dying pisses you off this game is not for you. I will clarify, dying doesnt piss me off, not in a game, its expected. But dying in a stupid way, be it to bugs or 50 enemies spawning on you when a quest is complete and shouldnt spawn any more mobs is very frustrating, especially when you know that you just took a 10% durability hit and 9 more deaths mean you need to craft or buy more gear...

8. The market (auction house) UI isnt very intuitive. You cant search for a specific thing. The items listed arent very descriptive of what you can and cant use. If youre buying a new weapon it only gives the stats, and very basic stats, it doesnt say if a bio tech can use it only or an engineer. So new players will be majorly put off by this. Knowing what uses what only comes from asking in zone chat when the chat is actually WORKING or trying to find out via google.

9. The crafting system is too extensive and complex. I wanted to make some armor for my dreadnaught (a tank class), i had to go out and farm 100 hisser nests. Because I needed 100 hisser DNA to make ONE SUBCOMPONENT for my armor. Each nest spawns about 5-8 hissers, id get one DNA per nest. These nests are spawned dynamically over the map only in certain areas (like on the west side for instance) so finding all 100 was no easy task. I think it took two days before I had everything I needed to make a TIER TWO armor. This is silly as there are 4 tiers in the game. New players arent going to want to go farm for hours on end until their eyes bleed just to make one piece which will be lost forever when they die too many times.

10. Resources and mats are too complex. Hisser DNA, Aranha DNA, Chosen Tech pieces, Stolen chosen tech pieces, 3 different types of resources (Gas, Organic, Mineral) and theres about 16 different "ores" of each type and THEN there are qualities of each "ore" going from poor (white) to epic (purple) from most common (white) to rarest (epic) grades. All of this is very hard to understand for a new player. Oh and did I mention that they are going to implement a limited sized inventory soon? They dont have bank implemented, but as of now the inventory is infinite space. But this is causing that SIN server I spoke about earlier to be overtaxed on DB queries and its causing a lot of lag and latency now when doing anything that requires the use of the SIN server..

I will be fair and say the world itself is beautiful. The mountains get old pretty quick but you can find a shortcut or two here and there. The characters/player models look cartoony and dont have much depth. My wife said it looked like I was playing with "G.I. Joes"...

Okay thats all I am gonna write for now. As it is right now dont even try playing this game, it really sucks cause almost nothing works. Dont take my word for it, just hop over to the general forum and tech help forum and youll see a lot of "CANT LOG IN messages. The main "unable to log in" thread is at 9 pages last time I checked (about 45 minutes ago before I started typing this). When things ARE working however its okay, and something to tide you over until the next big thing comes around the corner.

Peace.

I almost forgot: THANK YOU, thanks to this post I actually became much more intrested in the game again after a dissappointed CB about half a year ago.

So again OP thanks for this topic, this topic and also Mark Kern's  in disguise Firefall add blog post about MMO's really placed Firefall on my play list and currently enjoying the game.

• MaelzraelMaelzrael Member UncommonPosts: 405
    This game is amazingly fun. Thank you.

• danefahlerdanefahler Member UncommonPosts: 22

I've been playing now for some time.  My bastion is all crafted three gear and am working on four for my multi-turrets.  With that said, the crafting in this game (and it is huge aspect of this game) is a mess.

It would be nice to see some more detailed information on the item you are trying to make.  Not just simply the quality level.  When all sub components are ready to be made into the main, only then do you see in the left pane a detailed description of what it will do for you.  Then, you can't compare it, you have to return to the garage and check your current stats.

Please correct me if I am wrong.  I may be

As far as content, you can literally chew through every piece of content this game has to offer in a single day.  Yep, find someone with a BWA key and head in.  Can it be done in stock gear?  Not sure, I did it in tech 1.  All it means is you have to be a lot more mobile.  Or have the group carry you I guess :)  I only died one time in there and that was when I came up against my first Elite Siege Breaker.

Hit just a few Ares missions, do an incursion, tower take and voila!  You've done it all.

Do you even need an army?  Simple duties like banks and even trade do not exist.  It is nothing more than another chat channel.

The game is fun and  addicting for a short time but that's about it

• EinsamWulfEinsamWulf Member Posts: 69

It really all comes down to the individual. You will either love the game or hate it. One of the big departures taken with Firefall is that it's not based around quest content. In the current market this is a pretty large deviation from form as pretty much every mainstream MMO on the market is built around this. With that said it is entirely possible to do one of each type of encounter, run Blackwater Anomaly and call it good. In many ways you would have seen "all the content" there is to offer. With that being said, the game is not finished and thus we are not seeing a complete product so it's quite reasonable to assume that post "launch" the game will be quite a bit more involved than it is now.

It was just announced the the first stage of open beta is complete and that "Stage 2" has officially begun, rather than paraphrasing, those interested can read up on it here:

http://www.firefallthegame.com/news/gamescom-announcement-stage-2-of-open-beta-is-now-underway

Who knows what the game will be like in 6 months. The nay-sayers of these forums will have you believe this game will close up by (if not well sooner) but it is of course entirely possible though I rather doubt that sentiment. Personally I like the game, especially when I log in and just go wherever and follow the flow of battle. For me, the randomness of the enounters has always been a strong draw for me and if the claims made by the announcement I posted herein are to be believed there is some pretty awesome stuff coming our way.

Terminus
    Legend Gaming Website | Join Us
    EinsamWulf- Legionnaire of Terminus
  • TekaelonTekaelon Member UncommonPosts: 604

I can't get enough of FireFall. My biggest issue is deciding which Battleframe I like most.

• didjeramadidjerama Member Posts: 201

Was not sure about trying Firefall, but OP really made me want to try it.

Thanks OP! :)

• GeschaeferGeschaefer Member Posts: 117

I like FF. dont play it as a full time game.. this games a part timer..

Im surprised that this thread has lasted this long.. 

Every time i give a game a negative review, the thread gets deleted and i get threatened by the mods.

G.E.Schaefer
    Played: EQ1. EQ2. FFXI. SWG. Aion. WAR. LOTRO. TabulaRasa. Hellgate London. Diablo 1. Diablo II. Diablo 3. STO. WOW. Vanguard. Guild Wars. Rift. Terra. The Secret World. EVE. Guild Wars 2. Firefall. Neverwinter.