Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BETA 4 - Starting as of the 16th until the 19th of August

DraneanDranean Member Posts: 77

I received this mail and wanted to share this information with all of you!

Thank you for signing up for the FFXIV: A Realm Reborn Beta Test on Windows PC!

The final beta test will kick off on Monday 16 August 2013 at 9:00 GMT and last until Friday 19 August 2013 at 9:00 GMT.

If you haven’t downloaded the client for Windows PC yet, you can log in to the test forums and download the test client here.

If you have any questions regarding this e-mail or any other aspect of the beta test, please visit the Square Enix Support Center.

We look forward to seeing you in Eorzea! www.finalfantasyxiv.com

Comments

• sliding7sliding7 Member Posts: 5
    i think it's cute how Friday and Monday are back to front
  • RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383

Originally posted by sliding7
    i think it's cute how Friday and Monday are back to front

It's because it's already tomorrow in Japan.

• 9AM or 9PM GMT? Anybody know?
  • mechinfantrymechinfantry Member Posts: 2
    That would be 0900 aka 9AM. 9PM GMT would be 2100.
  • El_LionEl_Lion Member UncommonPosts: 154

Where can one still register for the open beta? Can't seem to find it. Eu region.

Eaglix

• mechinfantrymechinfantry Member Posts: 2
    Originally posted by El_Lion

Where can one still register for the open beta? Can't seem to find it. Eu region.

Open beta is "Open". Just download the client from link the OP posted.

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    If you were in phase 3 your already in, no registration required.  If your fresh and want to get into open beta you sign up on saturday and get in on saturday.  

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• RelytDnegelRelytDnegel Member UncommonPosts: 261
    Originally posted by mechinfantry
    Originally posted by El_Lion

Open beta is "Open". Just download the client from link the OP posted.

Incorrect. If you were in the previous betas you get in on the 16th otherwise you can join in on the 17th.

• El_LionEl_Lion Member UncommonPosts: 154

Well I can't download the game since I'm not registered to the service.

And I can't register to the service since it's not open for registration yet (I suppose)

You could not log in because the service account in question is not registered.
    If you would like to log in to the service, please log in to the Square Enix Account Management System and register the service account.

Is there any other place one can download the game from?

Eaglix

• StilerStiler Member Posts: 599
    CAn someone tell me, if you were in earlier beta tests, and invited to beta test phase 3 but didn't make a character (didn't have time) will you get in the 16th or since you never made a character in phase 3 will this mean you can't play until the 17th?
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Originally posted by Stiler
    CAn someone tell me, if you were in earlier beta tests, and invited to beta test phase 3 but didn't make a character (didn't have time) will you get in the 16th or since you never made a character in phase 3 will this mean you can't play until the 17th?

I'd imagine the most important thing would have been registering an account prior to the beta 3 w/e. If you had a registered account, you could login to the game. Whether you created an actual character or not is of no importance, because those characters are all wiped afaik.

• vidiotkingvidiotking Member Posts: 587
    It allows me to download the launcher, but the launcher says it's down for maintenence. So I guess I'll just keep checking it untill it allows me to download the game.
  • sudosudo Member UncommonPosts: 697
    Please note that character data will not be deleted for this beta phase unless a critical bug is found, meaning that you can already invest time into your characters.

"Only in quiet waters do things mirror themselves undistorted.
    Only in a quiet mind is adequate perception of the world."
    Hans Margolius

• DarbiiRueDarbiiRue Member UncommonPosts: 832
    Originally posted by vidiotking
    It allows me to download the launcher, but the launcher says it's down for maintenence. So I guess I'll just keep checking it untill it allows me to download the game.

I believe that we cannot update the new clients until the 15th. Read it somewhere, god knows where, but I believe they said the day before the beta. So, I'd say give it a shot on Thursday. :)

Originally posted by AliceKaye

I believe that we cannot update the new clients until the 15th. Read it somewhere, god knows where, but I believe they said the day before the beta. So, I'd say give it a shot on Thursday. :)

Thanks for the info mate... but I'll probably just keep clicking it every couple hours... >:^)

• Allacore69Allacore69 Member Posts: 839

The PS3 version is under maitenence as well LMAO

• zinnikeyszinnikeys Member UncommonPosts: 45
    You can't download the new client through the patcher till Thursday. They announced this on the beta forums last Friday.

I said I'm still going to click on it every couple of hours anyway! /heh

• Allacore69Allacore69 Member Posts: 839

I said I'm still going to click on it every couple of hours anyway! /heh

LMAO dude