Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Interview] Albion Online: A True Cross-Platform Sandbox MMO

12346»

Comments

• stevebombsquadstevebombsquad Member UncommonPosts: 884
    Originally posted by Ozmodan

Unless he intends to restrict combat to 4 on 4, he is wasting his time on mobile devices, there is no way you can pvp with a mobile device beyond very small fights.  Secondly, the computers will dominate any pvp on a mobile device, then adding in full loot, ridiculous.

Sounds pretty clueless to me.  A developer that ignores limits to technology should not be a developer.

Really.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vx0t-WJFXzo

James T. Kirk: All she's got isn't good enough! What else ya got?

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001
    Originally posted by Bercilak
    Originally posted by tom_gore

Looks interesting. Probably out of my limited playtime reach, but will still try it. I loved UO, anyway and I like your art style.

Couple questions:

1. What kind of roleplaying/social support you will have? Obviously your core is the territorial control, but will we have some cool toys for roleplayers like UO did? Can we build taverns, place items ib the buildings? Will there be books? Chat bubbles?

2. Any plans for encouraging consensual GvG? Can peaceful guilds declare wars mutually without losing their peaceful defensive bonuses against non-mutual guilds? This would further encourage the roleplaying and social aspect of the game.

3. Any gameplay videos available yet?

Heya Tom,

I have to admit that the roleplaying part is not yet fully implemented. The plan is (somewhere after relaese, which unfortunately can mean a lot), allow extreme customization of your player houses. Chat bubbles are something I do not like from a UX perspective. 

Consensual GvG is not planned yet. However there will be two different GvG sieges: Conquer and Raid. A conquer really hurts and is aiming towards takeing the territory away from your opponent, while a Raid is "only" about taking some of their silver. 

Nothing official yet ;)

Kind regards,

Stefan

Well that's a bit disappointing. I was hoping for a mmoRPG, but sounds like it will be another MMO deathmatch like DF and MO. Nothing wrong with those, but not my cup of tea.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Originally posted by Wraithone
    Originally posted by Dalaimoc
    i stopped reading after "full loot pvp"  and "all gear is player crafted" - good luck with your niche game

Exactly.  I have NO interest what so ever in yet another narrow niche, free for all full loot PvP game.   That meme has been done to death.  Speaking of which, I'm surprised they didn't add perma death in with it...

Are you trying to say full loot PVP games have been done to death? I think you a bit confused... i think you wanted to say Themepark wow clones have been done to death..

• STYNKFYSTSTYNKFYST Member Posts: 290
    Originally posted by Caldrin
    i stopped reading after "full loot pvp"  and "all gear is player crafted" - good luck with your niche game

Exactly.  I have NO interest what so ever in yet another narrow niche, free for all full loot PvP game.   That meme has been done to death.  Speaking of which, I'm surprised they didn't add perma death in with it...

Are you trying to say full loot PVP games have been done to death? I think you a bit confused... i think you wanted to say Themepark wow clones have been done to death..

No...it has been done to death. And done wrong every time. I think you need to do some research from at least Shadowbane on. Because you are confusing popular and successful games with full loot PvP games.

• ElthiumElthium Member UncommonPosts: 88

5v5 Siege War? Devs, this is 2013 guys. Call it Capture the Flag if you like but Siege War with only 10 people, I don't think so. Your definition of the term is slightly different than most gamer's understanding of the term.

Even DAoC 14 years ago had more people in their sieges.

Originally posted by Elthium

5v5 Siege War? Devs, this is 2013 guys. Call it Capture the Flag if you like but Siege War with only 10 people, I don't think so. Your definition of the term is slightly different than most gamer's understanding of the term.

Even DAoC 14 years ago had more people in their sieges.

they ahve already said there will be large scale pvp as well.

Originally posted by STYNKFYST
    Originally posted by Caldrin

No...it has been done to death. And done wrong every time. I think you need to do some research from at least Shadowbane on. Because you are confusing popular and successful games with full loot PvP games.

UO, Shadowbane, Darkfall, Mortal online, Eve(knid of)... have played them all and they are all amazing games, where they all perfect hell no.. but no game is perfect and no game will please everyone.... but i do not call 5 PVP games done to death.. yes they will never have millions like wow but wow is not the norm when it comes to MMORPGS..

• AnduriAnduri Member Posts: 15

I'm definitely interested in this.

To all the idiots with their "was interested until ...." comments, congratulations! You are now members of the lowest common denominator club. Your regurgitated snoozefest MMO's can be found elsewhere on this website.

To the devs, good job on thinking outside the box and I hope this proves successful.

• jazneojazneo Member UncommonPosts: 52
    There no limit to mobile device if you have touch screen you can program a vitural control pad on it 
  • TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

What about individual activities outside of PvP? For instance, would it be possible for an individual to have protected land for farming, raising animals, etc.?

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• Attend4455Attend4455 Member Posts: 161

I stopped reading when ...

This game has X so I won't be playing it ...

This game doesn't have X so I won't be playing it ...

Can we get rid of these sort of unconstructive posts please?

I sometimes make spelling and grammar errors but I don't pretend it's because I'm using a phone

• BercilakBercilak Albion OnlineMember Posts: 108
    Originally posted by lizardbones

What about individual activities outside of PvP? For instance, would it be possible for an individual to have protected land for farming, raising animals, etc.?

Hi lizardbones,

we have farming and agriculture planned (this includes growing up animals, mills and ovens to get your bread done), however I can not tell you exactly if it will be available for release. But it is something we are very interested in. 

However don't forget that there are other activities despite PvP already implemented. Building up your city/village in your own protected areas is essential and a key part (as well as maintaining these), cause in AO not only the items are player crafted but the buildings as well. In addition we are also working on the PvE experience to make that fun as well.

Kind regards,

Stefan

• ShortyBibleShortyBible Member UncommonPosts: 409

Read all 15 pages and really enjoyed the discussion.

My questions are :

Will players be able to own houses and can  they be destroyed?

Can houses be placed anywhere or will there be specific zones for houses?

Will solo play be a viable option?

Thanks in advance.

• BercilakBercilak Albion OnlineMember Posts: 108
    Originally posted by ShortyBible

Read all 15 pages and really enjoyed the discussion.

My questions are :

Will players be able to own houses and can  they be destroyed?

Can houses be placed anywhere or will there be specific zones for houses?

Will solo play be a viable option?

Thanks in advance.

Hi ShortyBible,

sorry for the late reply, have been busy yesterday. 

Question 1: Will player be able to own houses and can they be destroyed?

Yes players can build their own houses. Normally you will build your houses in your safe guild territories, where you and your house are safe. However over a longer and complicated process your guild can loose the territory and then your houses can be destroyed. But it is very tough to own the territory from another guild and it won't happen over night. So it is not like you wake up and everything you've build up is surprisingly gone.

Question 2: Can houses be placed anywhere or will there be specific zones for houses?

Yes and No. In the whole world in every area buildings can be build. But you can build them only on special ground which gives the stability for your constructions. 

Question 3: Will solo play be a viable option?

Yes it will be, however in the end Albion Online is a Massively Multiplayer Experience and not a single player game, you will never ever experience the whole fun. And when I answer this question with yes, I mean that you do not have to join a guild to play the game but in the end you have to interact with other players to really enjoy the full game. 

Kind regards,

Stefan

• MMORPGtesterMMORPGtester Member UncommonPosts: 96
    Best if I just keep my mouth closed.
    Ok I can't, this is NOT True cross-platform , perhaps Cross-OS + Tablet but not cross-platform. To hold true to as you say TRUE cross-platform you must be playable on all devices including consoles. I'm by far a console fan, i'm PC only. But why state TRUE cross-platform?

On your website you have windows 7 and windows 8. Why place both? Make it look like you cover more? Can't say to show it supports touch, because I got that hint from the android.

And your also after the (AO) , google Game AO and you will see you get Anarchy online. Seems like your just trying every trick in the book to inject yourself into the mainstream gaming community, just like every other game out there. This falsification needs to stop. Don't advertise something if it is not true.
    Good luck with your game

• SavijSavij Member Posts: 341
    will give it a try :)

be always up to date about Eternal Crusade
    WH40k:EC dev Tracker

Other EC Sites i'm in:
    Dakkadakka Savij
    Reddit EC Savij1337
    EternalCrusader.com Savij

• njoy420njoy420 Member UncommonPosts: 12

Here is why u shouldnt be upset about full loot pvp:

1.  You dont have to engage in pvp if u dont want to. There is safe zones where u can gather, craft and whatnot.

2. Most of the time when ull go out into pvp zones u will have multiple sets of backup gear in your stash, its not like in WoW where you gear is a heroic raid set that u farmed for months. 

3. If u loose all your gear and everything  in your stash, see number 1.

4. U will earn silver, and with silver you can buy gear.

• olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,828

Guild owns land where you can build your own house. You have to harvest and craft everything yourself. Otherwise, it's a full loot open world PvP game.

No thanks, I already played Xsyon and it got boring fast.

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.