Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is It Free

2»

Comments

• DarkSaviorDarkSavior Member Posts: 31

Originally posted by Grindalyx
    You don't need a credit card, just get a debit card for your checking account. That is what i do.

Except that around here it won't work as most games have no idea about finnish banks.

• GrindalyxGrindalyx Member UncommonPosts: 657

Originally posted by DarkSavior

Originally posted by Grindalyx
    You don't need a credit card, just get a debit card for your checking account. That is what i do.

Except that around here it won't work as most games have no idea about finnish banks.

oops sorry about that. living in the usa i seem to forget things dont work the same outside it. I do hope they will provide a payment system that will allow all to be able to pay for the game if they want too.

imageimage

• SetekhSetekh Member Posts: 67

Yes... they paid millions of dollars to develope this game...

will continue to pay maintanence costs...

will continue to pay programmers to develope it...

so that you can play it freeimage

• DruidblueDruidblue Member Posts: 28

For the love of all that's holy... image

I don't know if I'll ever get this through to people, but MMORPGs (or MMGSs, as they should properly be called, standing for Massively Multiplayer Gaming Services), will always HAVE to have a fee to properly operate, and that fee is about 15 dollars with current costs.  OCGs (online computer games) do not require fees, as they are designed, operated and maintained in completely uncomparable ways. 

MMGS examples :  WoW, EQ2, CoH, SWG.
    OCG examples: Guild Wars, Diablo 2, Neverwinter Nights.

OCGs, no matter how close they make strike one to be, are never to be considered an MMGS (MMORPG).  So, if you're seeking free gameplay, you're seeking a different product than what you think of as an MMO.

Lots of people being able to play the game in some way "together" does not equate to MMGS. It is all in the design.  I could begin to explain it to you if you fail to understand the reasoning, but to really help you understand you'd need a good few years of development experience to understand fully.

So, in summary, don't look to Guild Wars as free and point at services like WoW and EQ2 and say they should also be free. You're talking apples and oranges.

I use a new and improved term: MMGS = Massively Multiplayer Gaming Service.

• Deroy_01Deroy_01 Member Posts: 5

AH but there is a way in which you can playan MMORPG's (since this website is called mmorpg, ill stick to that)  for free, although its highly doubtfull that LOTR will do it. For example 'Runescape' you can play, get your charecter up to lv 100, enjoy a lot of the game, and be happy....all for free. although this may be becuase when you see what your missing you will want to pay.

so basically if you want to play the game for free you can, but you wont get the benifits of the 'real' gamers...which means,

A) Not so much fun, B) Lack the vital parts of the game, C) i only know of Runescape doing this, and to be honest there are many other better games out there, which id be willing to pay, for the things you get.

So dont complain, pay the money, and play the game! image

Deroy out!

• the same think happy with me.image

• SlagggSlaggg Member Posts: 221
    Should've let this thread continue to die it's slow death.  It's completely irrelevant at this point.

"First you wanna kill me, now you wanna kiss me...Blow."--Ash, "Army of Darkness"

• lilkanyonlilkanyon Member Posts: 65

Originally posted by Slaggg
    Should've let this thread continue to die it's slow death.  It's completely irrelevant at this point.

Agreed.
  • Stickman101Stickman101 Member Posts: 34
    Yes there will be a monthly fee but it is not yet know of the amount
  • Shinra999Shinra999 Member Posts: 2

I would be more than happy to pay a one off fee like Guild Wars of up to around £200 but I never feel like I'm getting my money's worth when I subscribe to a game. At least if there is a one off no subscription fee I can play at my own leisure, miss a month if I want and not feel as though I'm seriously wasting my money.

However if the fee is around £10 a month I might be tempted, guess we'll just have to wait and see. ::::07::