Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: Team Paradigm Wins PAX Tournament EU Qualifier

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Guild Wars 2 Facebook page has been updated with the news that Team Paradigm has won the European qualifier held by our friends at Mist League for the upcoming invitational tournament to be held at this year's PAX Prime in August.

Team Paradigm [TP] wins the PAX EU Qualifier! Next stop? Seattle, to compete in the Guild Wars 2 Invitational! ~Dani

Read more on the Guild Wars 2 site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• nolic1nolic1 Member UncommonPosts: 716

Amazing match up here a link to the final fight to see TP get the win for a chance at the 10k Pax fight.

http://www.twitch.tv/mistleague/c/2651935

It was close on some fights but great to watch.

Sherman's Gaming

Youtube Content creator for The Elder Scrolls Online

Channel:http://https//www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

...since we are doing this for GW2, a rather unpopular esports game, how about we do this for the dozens of other big mmos that have this stuff so that it gets the same publicity? Just seems fair enough since its just pointless on here to post such details about anything BUT the end winner.

Just saying since this would be considered majorly insignificant for anything but a die hard fan following the pro series for a game. 

In Short: This is a pointless news article, I know GW2 advertisement involves purposely posting news to keep it exposed but this really holds 0 value at all as a news article, its not some vague teaser or anything, its for the competative scene, and if this game gets it for a trivial spot, then every other game should get this (of which the news will be filled with these details). 

Thank you, hope to NOT see anything about this again unless maybe its the end tornament winner to a major tornament.

• pwainpwain Member UncommonPosts: 115
    I like to read every bit of news about gw2
  • CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,869
    Originally posted by Purutzil

...since we are doing this for GW2, a rather unpopular esports game, how about we do this for the dozens of other big mmos that have this stuff so that it gets the same publicity? Just seems fair enough since its just pointless on here to post such details about anything BUT the end winner.

Just saying since this would be considered majorly insignificant for anything but a die hard fan following the pro series for a game. 

In Short: This is a pointless news article, I know GW2 advertisement involves purposely posting news to keep it exposed but this really holds 0 value at all as a news article, its not some vague teaser or anything, its for the competative scene, and if this game gets it for a trivial spot, then every other game should get this (of which the news will be filled with these details). 

Thank you, hope to NOT see anything about this again unless maybe its the end tornament winner to a major tornament.

Because no other MMO is pushing E-sports as hard as GW2 is. You are probably right about it not being a popular E-Sport, but certainly wrong about it not being a popular game. League of Legends did blow up over night. It took years to get where it is; same with other games. GW2 has not even hit its stride yet. The game has not even been "E-Sports ready" for longer then a few months. I doubt it becomes THAT big, but don't write it off yet.

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

Or you could just not read about it? Plenty of other articles on the site.

Unless they are coming to your house and forcing you to read every article about GW2. If that is indeed the case then we should probably call the authorities to help you.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

Are you mad? Guild Wars 2 is one of the most popular MMOs. Of course there will be tons of publicity around it. It might not be a good/popular esport but Anet are trying to push lol their esport stuff so hard lol.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• Sajman01Sajman01 Member Posts: 204
    Good for TP.

I like the sPvP in GW2, its highly entertaining but the skill cap is very low and the result of many fights is determined by RNG crits.

Never will be a successful e-sport, just not the way pros like it (high skill, no luck).
  • ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515

The reason why MMORPG is covering this is, 1) They are working in conjunction with Arenanet 2) They sponsor Mist league (if you look right beneath the mist league logo in the adverts, you'll see MMORPG.com's logo right there.)

This is not a game.

• ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515
    Originally posted by Sajman01
    Good for TP.

I like the sPvP in GW2, its highly entertaining but the skill cap is very low and the result of many fights is determined by RNG crits.

Never will be a successful e-sport, just not the way pros like it (high skill, no luck).

Skill cap depends on the class you're looking at. And there is always a bit of luck in EVERY game, there's nothing you can do about that.

This is not a game.

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974
    That match looked very intense, GW2 should make a great E-Sport game.
  • VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793

Team Paradigm is imba.

Seriously, even when a player is about to be downed, they pull it out of their ass.

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870

Why does GW2 or the way a website chooses to cover it make you so upset?  My suggestion:  move on or make your own website.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• nolic1nolic1 Member UncommonPosts: 716
    Tp did pull through in some fights by the skin of the teeth but when they worked together they where insane. And when Tildo took the 2 on at the one cap point and smoked them both I was in aww because I dont see alot of Engineers doing that. But it was a great battle between the 2 groups they both fought well.

Sherman's Gaming

Youtube Content creator for The Elder Scrolls Online

Channel:http://https//www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw

• SetsunSetsun Member UncommonPosts: 286
    Amazing Games! One of the comentators talked about Asian teams? GW2 realeased there?! I see no Asian servers.
  • KheatzKheatz Member UncommonPosts: 1

it was good, the CC Team was amazing, gg to TP but i don't like the way they moan.

CC vs NN and CC vs TP were awesome games, the teams played well.

I think Anet starts to work on sPvP really too late, there is still so much to do.

Asian teams just start to have a look on it, there was already an Asian tournament but as the previous Guru tournament, there were so lack in GW2 sPvP, it had no success.It is much better now but there is still a lots of work for Anet.

it is just the beginning for GW2 eSport, wonder what will be the future of this part of the game.

And i am still wondering why a Guild Wars Game don't have GvG on its features (and htis is why i left he game 6 months ago).

• StarS0ftStarS0ft Member UncommonPosts: 124

TP was kicked from tournament, so bad :( 

•  

On July 27 and 28, we watched our European community compete in the first Regional Qualifying Tournament. Through a lot of teamwork and discipline, Team Paradigm  faced off against Car Crash in a fight to secure their place in our first-ever Guild Wars 2 Invitational Tournament during PAX Prime weekend (August 31) in Seattle, WA.

While Team Paradigm won the day, a member of the team was unable to provide proof of residency in an eligible country. This means that Team Paradigm was not fielding a legal team of five players when qualifying. As a result, the second-place team, Car Crash, will be coming to theGuild Wars 2 Invitational Tournament as the representative from the European Qualifying Tournament. We’d like to thank all the teams that participated.