Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I know youve seen this before...

War_AdmiralWar_Admiral Member UncommonPosts: 16

So I have been considering coming back to AoC.  I played during the failed launch and havent been back in yrs.  I believed and still do that this game could have and should have been great.

So somebody give me some good reasons why I should come back?  And, possibly drop some $s on it...

Comments

• War_AdmiralWar_Admiral Member UncommonPosts: 16
    I appreciate the reply. I've kind of looked into the site to see what has changed, but I was looking for a perspective from players, old ones and new ones. The way I look at it is the best info can be gathered from players. Game media and dev teams will always tell you how great things are.

With that being said what are the players thoughts on the game right now and has it changed enough to give it a whirl again? Whether you are liking it or hating it, post your thoughts. I realize that my own impressions of it will truly matter in the end, but I just like some feedback on whether or not I'm beating an already dead horse.
  • Destiny2010Destiny2010 Member UncommonPosts: 327

Well, I have been playing this game for the last 2 years without larger breaks, and have not been tempted by any newcomer games arriving in that period. I think that should give you a hint.

To really enjoy the game, I suggest finding friends/guild in the game where you can involve yourself, gets much better then! I play on EU Fury  myself, soon to be a world server as the merges that are taking place will link EU/US server together.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    I play it on and off a couple times a year. I should jsut really bite the bullet and join a guild. IMO, it's got fun combat, good graphics, and a regular enough stream of updates to keep people busy. If you're thinking about trying it again, hop in for free and peek around.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

I cannot think of a game with better graphics

great pve game

crafting re-do llllloooonnnggg overdue

• BigmamajamaBigmamajama Member Posts: 198
    Originally posted by Shadanwolf

I cannot think of a game with better graphics

great pve game

crafting re-do llllloooonnnggg overdue

There is none period, nothing even close in my opinion.

Character models, animations, lighting, texturing, music, atmosphere, world building, voice overs.  The game is an artistic master piece.  I think the combat (combo system) and terrible itemization and character development just killed it.

I laugh till I cry when people talk about games like AION as having "killer graphics" they just look like washed out 2 dimensional water color paintings in comparison.  Just lifeless and goofy looking.

Games that I think look good?

Parts of Guildwars 2 and Tera.  FF14 is looking pretty realistic graphically.

Other than that there really aren't any good looking MMO's out there.

So I buy the RotGS xpac from amazon for 6 bucks.  plug in the code via AoC website and all looks good till i get in game.  all areas playable to a sub acct are still locked out.  After 4 hrs of waiting to see if the acct would update, it doesnt, same crap.  

So i sent out a petition w/ hopes of getting this resolved.  Its no wonder they are referred to as Failcom!

• neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681
    Originally posted by War_Admiral

So I buy the RotGS xpac from amazon for 6 bucks.  plug in the code via AoC website and all looks good till i get in game.  all areas playable to a sub acct are still locked out.  After 4 hrs of waiting to see if the acct would update, it doesnt, same crap.  

So i sent out a petition w/ hopes of getting this resolved.  Its no wonder they are referred to as Failcom!

you mention buying an xpac and putting a code in, did you actually sub?  

i know you had the main game on that account from launch so that shouldnt be the issue, but unless youved subbed sub areas will be locked until you do.

and any free account time (if the xpack comes with a free month persay) will only go into effect once you set up a sub, youll get the free time first but they want you set to renew unless you cancle.

xpac came w/ 30 days.  updated all my acct info as well, address, CC info, all of it.  other than actually paying for a sub idk what else to do.  its said my acct was set to renew on 16 Sept, which would be 30 days.
  • PsycroatPsycroat Member UncommonPosts: 28
    Originally posted by War_Admiral
    xpac came w/ 30 days.  updated all my acct info as well, address, CC info, all of it.  other than actually paying for a sub idk what else to do.  its said my acct was set to renew on 16 Sept, which would be 30 days.

The expac, like most MMO releases that include the base game with them, only give the free 30 days for new accounts. This is meant to mimic the 30 days given for buy the base game. Personally I hate that they don't give 30 days to all players but it is the reality of it.

~If you run, you'll only die tired~