Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why thread locked?

Quazal.AQuazal.A Member UncommonPosts: 859

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/393178/To-anyone-thinking-of-trying-EVE-There-are-NO-safe-places-.html

has been locked when it was a fair discussion on the pro's 'n' cons of safety in eve??

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game where of course you're welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Probably cleaning it up, was getting a bit angry in there.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• uplink4242uplink4242 Member UncommonPosts: 258
    It was a shame, it was a fun read.
  • BroomyBroomy Member UncommonPosts: 487

Huh? They locked my thread?  How much did CCP pay them to do that?

But seriously, I thought the debate was interesting and I for one, was NOT taking anything personally and my widdle feeling weren't getting  hurt.  I thought the discussion was engaging.  Oh well.

Current Games: WOW, EVE Online

• Quazal.AQuazal.A Member UncommonPosts: 859

aye i had already written my response to last post :( somet good as well, but didn't see any personal attacks or slander in it, i think it might of been mistake, so hopefulyl will get unlocked, 

any debate = good debate :)

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game where of course you're welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
    Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

• HazelleHazelle Member Posts: 760

Start a new thread about that.

The Ops thread seemed to be that there are no safe places in eve and CCP was scamming people into thinking there was so they could attract players.

He offered no evidence that I could see to show that CCP made an effort at all to advertise high sec as safe or that they cover up suicide ganking or anything else to prove his assertions of the company's nefarious activities.

He then pops his head in here and suggests that CCP paid MMOrpg to lock that thread.

• kovahkovah Member UncommonPosts: 692

Pretty sure he is a she.  Here's an example of how she feels about gaming (emphasis mine) in a post from just one month ago:

Originally posted by Broomy

Some MMO players  are obssessed with being able to police and controls others.  Here's an idea:   Don't like another player ,ignore works fine.  See them in the same group as you....LEAVE.  This whole idea of being able to blacklist other players is indicative of a desire to control others.  The MMO isn't just YOUR world, its everyones.  And just because YOU don't like someone doesn't mean you have the right to blacklist them.  Get over yourself.  There will be aholes everywhere, learn to deal.  

Ref: http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/5833355#5833355

And that's the thing.  Get over it, learn to deal with it.  No need to come to the forums and post about something that everyone already knows about EVE.  No where is safe.  That's how the game has been since forever - and you, Mz. Broomy, knew that.  You claim to have been playing off and on for as long as I have.  

I don't know what you lost in the virtual world of EVE but considering how long you claim to have played plus comments like yours above it must've been quite the loss to get you to come here and make that post.  And since I forgot in the closed thread:

CAN I HAS YUR STUFFZ?!?!   =)

GL HF FlySafe!

k

• uplink4242uplink4242 Member UncommonPosts: 258

But seriously, I thought the debate was interesting and I for one, was NOT taking anything personally and my widdle feeling weren't getting  hurt.  I thought the discussion was engaging.  Oh well.

I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but your thread really looked like the usual whining we see here every other day. Maybe that was not your intention, but it sure sounded like that to me and others. There are police in the streets but that never prevents anyone from getting robbed as far as I know.

That debate ended up going down the sink the moment people started with their uninformed oppinions as usual. FOr the record, it's broadly acknoledged that there is no single safe place in EVE, and even CCP has stated that plenty of times already - or if you disagree please state where they said HIsec means absolute safety. There is, however a difference between something that happens often and something that can happen. There is virtually no way you can die in hisec if you're not into any wars, or carrying any ridiculous valuable cargo, or stay afk mining for extended periods of time. Common sense goes a long way in this game. 

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699

For future reference, never ever ever start a thread because you lost a ship.  Despite what your real intentions were, most players will read it as whining.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by uplink4242

I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but your thread really looked like the usual whining we see here every other day. Maybe that was not your intention, but it sure sounded like that to me and others. There are police in the streets but that never prevents anyone from getting robbed as far as I know.

That debate ended up going down the sink the moment people started with their uninformed oppinions as usual. FOr the record, it's broadly acknoledged that there is no single safe place in EVE, and even CCP has stated that plenty of times already - or if you disagree please state where they said HIsec means absolute safety. There is, however a difference between something that happens often and something that can happen. There is virtually no way you can die in hisec if you're not into any wars, or carrying any ridiculous valuable cargo, or stay afk mining for extended periods of time. Common sense goes a long way in this game. 

the guy also mentioned getting a bounty put on him for being in the wrong place/time etc, kind of funny really, thought you had to have a negative concord standing before people could place a bounty on you. So basically a high sec carebear with a negative concord standing... image

what does give negative concord standing, is attacking people in high sec and low sec. But i guess its possible he missed a few asteroids with his mining lasers a time or three image

• KonfessKonfess Member RarePosts: 1,667

The truth is not tolerated on this site, either by "fans", moderators, or advertisers.  Present fact, and you get labeled a whiner or a troll.

Those who reported the OP only proved his point.  They took out a bounty on him here as well.  And the mod collected on that bounty.

Pardon any spelling errors
    Konfess your cyns and some maybe forgiven
    Boy: Why can't I talk to Him?
    Mom: We don't talk to Priests.
    As if it could exist, without being payed for.
    F2P means you get what you paid for. Pay nothing, get nothing.
    Even telemarketers wouldn't think that.
    It costs money to play.  Therefore P2W.

• Quazal.AQuazal.A Member UncommonPosts: 859
    Originally posted by Phry
    Originally posted by uplink4242

the guy also mentioned getting a bounty put on him for being in the wrong place/time etc, kind of funny really, thought you had to have a negative concord standing before people could place a bounty on you. So basically a high sec carebear with a negative concord standing... image

what does give negative concord standing, is attacking people in high sec and low sec. But i guess its possible he missed a few asteroids with his mining lasers a time or three image

Just an FYI bounties no longer need a negative status, anyone from -10 to ~10 can have bounties placed on them

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by Phry

There seem to be a lot of misunderstandings of the bounty system,  which is, well, understandable, as the system was redone only a couple of expansions ago. Currently you can put a bounty on anyone. Bounty doesn't change the normal rules of when or where that person can be attacked. If you're carebearing it in high sec and then someone goes and throws a few hundred thousand ISK bounty on your head, it doesn't change a thing.

Here' is an overview of the current system: http://www.eveonline.com/retribution/bounty-hunting/

There's a link at that end of that overview to SoniColver's devblog on the feature for more details.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912

If you want to inquire about something like this in the future, the forums are not the appropriate place. Contact MikeB at [email protected] instead of posting like this. Locking this one. I reopened the other thread but we'll keep an eye on things.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.