Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So I just resubbed....

expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

.... (having quite just before patch 5.1 came out) in preparation of patch 5.4 cus' you know I got to lay the smack down on Garrosh.  We'll I wondered over to the new Island they added in patch 5.2 -

(click imags for bigger versions)

It's rather crazy it's full of elite mobs and roaming giant dinos;

Also some how got caught up in a world boss fight, no phat loot though just 30g

Now I just need to escape this island as I am heading to the Barrans as I have heard there is something kicking off over there.  I'll post up if I find something interesting.

Comments

• gamekid2kgamekid2k Member Posts: 360
    Originally posted by ReallyNow10
    Well, until Titan and EQ Next come out, what else is there to play?  I might resub too, even though I'm kinda burnt out on the game.  WOW just works.

If you have the money and time then give a game called "Dark Fall Unholy Wars" a try.  I moved from WoW to Darkfall and I can't get enough of it :-) .  WoW gonna need some drastic changes before I am going to resub.

Now Playing: DARKFALL Unholy Wars "Return to Open World, Full Loot PvP, Conquest in a Sandbox MMO with player driven economy! Just like classic MMOs!"

• MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268
    Originally posted by gamekid2k
    Well, until Titan and EQ Next come out, what else is there to play?  I might resub too, even though I'm kinda burnt out on the game.  WOW just works.

If you have the money and time then give a game called "Dark Fall Unholy Wars" a try.  I moved from WoW to Darkfall and I can't get enough of it :-) .  WoW gonna need some drastic changes before I am going to resub.

I love PvP, but DarkFall is shit.

• RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
    I feel its the only mmorpg worth my time as well. My problem is that when I log in I get bombarded with people. Thats all good most of the time but sometimes I just need to get away.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by Rockniss
    I feel its the only mmorpg worth my time as well. My problem is that when I log in I get bombarded with people. Thats all good most of the time but sometimes I just need to get away.

what do you mean bombarded?

IF you mean that theres a lot of people playing when you log in then taht is fantastic. I hate logging in to an mmo and be alone in the world.

I moved to a different (medium pop) server and found an amazing guild there but i get sick of  long  LFD waits at night cos everyone is sleeping when i have more time to play. Both server time and my time zone are the same EST and i hate that for that same reason.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    WOW is still a good game, Cata is the only content i dislike
  • ShrillyShrilly Member UncommonPosts: 421
    Originally posted by Nadia

Thats what made me walk away from the game haha.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

If it wasn't for FF14 being released, I'd probably have re subbed as well.

• Grimlock426Grimlock426 Member Posts: 159

Obviously if you are considering WoW then you don't mind themeparks.  In that case, if you're feeling bored with WoW, why not try Final Fantas XIV A Realm Reborn?  This is a brand new themepark coming out that takes many of the same elements as wow, but has nice shiney new graphics and a nice tweak on the class system.  This is actually what I"m going to try since I'm in the same boat as you.  I've enjoyed WoW over the years but am tired of it right now and FF looks like a good game to try.

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer

I don t know what it is, I just can t put my finger on it, but even though I get FFXIV ARR for free, and a free month, I can t get excited about it. I m more excited playing FFXI, EQ2, WoW, and DAOC again. I think the new games are just boring me to tears. I ll give FFXIV a fair shot, but what I saw in beta didn t excite me at all, fun but didn t excite me. I have more excitement about re subbing to all those games I mentioned, and we ll I basically have.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by Soki123

I don t know what it is, I just can t put my finger on it, but even though I get FFXIV ARR for free, and a free month, I can t get excited about it. I m more excited playing FFXI, EQ2, WoW, and DAOC again. I think the new games are just boring me to tears. I ll give FFXIV a fair shot, but what I saw in beta didn t excite me at all, fun but didn t excite me. I have more excitement about re subbing to all those games I mentioned, and we ll I basically have.

I get that. Certainly understand feeling like it's more of the same. But in recent years, MMOs' have been delivering less and less content (alternative things to do) WoW had always been one of the best in this regard but even now, it's no exception.

But with FF14, I felt like even though you can say it's "more of the same" It's more of "more of the same" For me, my personal definition of a successful MMO is quite simple. Do I want  to log in again? When I used to think of WoW, there was never a time I'd say no. So we will see. Certainly, if FF14 can't make me say yes to that, I'll most likely find myself back in Azeroth.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by Soki123

I'm in exactly the same boat. There is nothing technically wrong with FFXIV, but it just does nothing new or exciting, and the world just doesn't have the same charm that EQ1 / EQ2 had for me. So I will give it a fair second chance this month, but chances are that I will be hanging out in EQ2 until EQN / Pathfinder or whatever else is around the corner.