Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

jobs I hope they be adding!

Does anyone know what jobs they'll be adding, whenever they release the patch.
I'm really hoping they add dancer as well ninja,samurai, dark knight, blue mage, and puppet master.

Comments

• NetSageNetSage Member UncommonPosts: 1,059
    They'll be adding jobs as time goes on.  What and when exactly we don't know though.
  • ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729

Jobs I see them likely to add- Samurai, dark knight, red mage, ranger.

I can't see them putting dancer in the game and making it work.   

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• Aldous.HuxleyAldous.Huxley Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 418

Wish List:

1.) Mime 

2.) Calculator

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Originally posted by Chrisbox

Why not it worked in Final Fantasy 11, dont see why they couldnt make it work in this game too.

• zeroscloudzeroscloud Member UncommonPosts: 53
    Red Mage !
    Originally posted by tkreep
    Originally posted by Chrisbox

Why not it worked in Final Fantasy 11, dont see why they couldnt make it work in this game too.

Well I should have worded it, putting in dancer soon and making it work.  We have bard and scholar for party buffing/supportish spells so adding dancer with support dances/offensive base attacks would just mirror bards role at the moment.  A lot of people came out saying, where is dark knight and ranger and stuff that feels missing, because there is no greatsword or pure physical dps ranged class at the moment.  I don't think dancer is a really missing role from the game, but would be nice to have down the line.  

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• twruletwrule Member Posts: 1,251
    Originally posted by javon1334
    Does anyone know what jobs they'll be adding, whenever they release the patch. I'm really hoping they add dancer as well ninja,samurai, dark knight, blue mage, and puppet master.

Honestly, I gave this a good bit of thought (as you'll see if you looked up one of the other threads similar to this), and I think all of those jobs you mentioned have a very high chance of making it in.

Other jobs I think we'll see eventually:

Geomancer, Thief, Rune Fencer/Mystic Knight, Corsair, Engineer/Chemist, Beastmaster, Ranger, Oracle, and (maybe) Red Mage.

• javon1334javon1334 Member Posts: 59
    I rather have dancer than bard though..
    I rather have dancer than bard though..

Well then archer would have no jobs because ranger isn't in xD see what i'm saying? They need to add those things first.  

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

Yeah, that what I, thought. I wish dancer would branch off of puglist..
  • Noraa3903Noraa3903 Member Posts: 30

Dark Knight please

Followed by geomancer mystic knight ninja and samurai is my wishlist.  Huge DRK fan and seeing as Cecil started out as one in FFIV im hoping its being considered more so than others.  Not to be selfish or anything there are a ton of awesome FF classes that im sure they can find homes for 

• NetSageNetSage Member UncommonPosts: 1,059
    Yeah, that what I, thought. I wish dancer would branch off of puglist..

I imagine it would.  If they add something like advanced jobs I would see dancer as being bard + puglist.

What is geomancer?

I saw something on the internet, how they will be adding jobs. I remember that dancer was going to be something like performer and puglist. I forgot what site I saw that from.
  • AygisAygis Member UncommonPosts: 7
    Red Mage is #1 on my list.
  • LeirosLeiros Member UncommonPosts: 281
    I can definitely see Corsair being one of the first expansion jobs... they already have corsair NPC's all over Limsa Lominsa. However, I think Thief, Red Mage and maybe Dark Knight should be among the first added jobs. Those are classic Final Fantasy.
  • FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by Ppiper
    Originally posted by Aldous.Huxley Wish List:   1.) Mime    2.) Calculator
    Ha!

I'll go with slide rule and basket weaver

haha!

1. Biscuit Cutter
    2. Compass

• rommellorommello Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 185
    where is da blue mage ?_?

hallo ~_~

• BlazeyerBlazeyer Member UncommonPosts: 562

Ranger/hunter (whatever they'll call it)

Dark Knight

Thief/Ninja/Assassin (whatever they'll call it) 

Corsair/Musketeer (we already know musketeer is coming out)

Samurai

Mage jobs are harder to decide on because they need to bring something to the table that isn't there already.

:/

***I think it would be so cool if they added a class called Squire*** <- had to throw that in there

What is geomancer?

A classic FF mage job that attacks using the local environment/nature to do damage and/or inflict various status ailments to the enemy. I'm thinking this job will be in FFXIV, growing from Conjurer - it fits the lore perfectly and Conjurer already has various 'wind/water/earth' spells at its disposal.

I saw something on the internet, how they will be adding jobs. I remember that dancer was going to be something like performer and puglist. I forgot what site I saw that from.

Someone just made that up lol - that's not how the system works. However, I do think it's extremely likely that Dancer will grow from Pugilist eventually (either Dancer or Puppetmaster).
  • dessdardessdar Member Posts: 5
     Summoner and Scholar
    I totally think dancer probably branch off of puglist and bard. That seems like most possibility.
    I totally think dancer probably branch off of puglist and bard. That seems like most possibility.

That is very unlikely because they would have to change how the system works a good bit for that to happen.

There is no third tier of jobs - there are just classes (first tier of progression) and jobs (second tier). Since they could easily accommodate Dancer without adding a third tier by having it grow out of a class (like Pugilist) and nothing else, that seems most likely to happen as things stand right now.

Bard's set of abilities is made up mostly of the Archer's abilities. Anything that grows from pugilist will have all that classes's abilities. If it worked like you were suggesting, all else being equal, you'd end up a class that had all the abilities of Archer, Bard, Pugilist, and then Dancer, not only being a very large and awkward bundle of abilities, but making Bards obsolete.

That's why I've been saying that Dancer, if it gets in, is most likely to come from Pugilist - or if not, then some other class (maybe one that doesn't exist yet).

You're probably right twrule.. I just hope they add dancer later on in the game... They probably going to add most strongest job and most wanted jobs first..