Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

And then there was silence

AntipathyAntipathy Member UncommonPosts: 1,362

Hi,

I played 1.0 and briefly played closed beta. I understand from sites such as this one that  this should give me access to the open beta later this week.

However I haven't personally received a single FFXIV related email from Square-Enix since the 20th of July. This feels really odd with open beta so close. What's going on? Don't they want me to play?

Comments

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    you didnt get a beta access key?

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,405
    Originally posted by Antipathy

Hi,

I played 1.0 and briefly played closed beta. I understand from sites such as this one that  this should give me access to the open beta later this week.

However I haven't personally received a single FFXIV related email from Square-Enix since the 20th of July. This feels really odd with open beta so close. What's going on? Don't they want me to play?

Those of us that have pre ordered haven't even received the ok to register our game yet, also you can only DL the client starting the 15th so I wouldn't worry to much about it.  You could always contact their service support and see what they say too.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238
    Check beta forums for the new launcher.
  • TicklepinkTicklepink Member UncommonPosts: 123
    I got a beta access key but they never sent me a link to the game client download. Im still waiting.

• AntipathyAntipathy Member UncommonPosts: 1,362
    Originally posted by aspekx
    you didnt get a beta access key?

I received access to the closed beta. Do I need a separate key for open beta?

• AntipathyAntipathy Member UncommonPosts: 1,362
    Originally posted by EricDanie

Which beta forums?

If I look at the forums from closed beta, the last game update announcement was posted on the 10th of July.

Is there another set of forums I should look at?

• DEATHRAMENTDEATHRAMENT Member UncommonPosts: 701
    I did not recieve my key as well so i sent then an email and they sent my key a few days later.
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,405

Which beta forums?

If I look at the forums from closed beta, the last game update announcement was posted on the 10th of July.

If you got  key for CB it should work for OB. 

go here and click top center banner for beta forums and sign in etc etc, as for the client we can only dl it starting the 15, the OB client is not the same one as the CB one and we all need to redl it. You can get the launcher but it doesn't update or connect yet.

http://support.na.square-enix.com/rule.php?id=5382&la=1&tag=betaforum

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• lafaiellafaiel Member UncommonPosts: 93

Which beta forums?

If you have acess to the beta forums, you have acess to open beta, but like others have said, the client is not available for download until the 15th.

• KrimzinKrimzin Member UncommonPosts: 687

On the 17th, go to the beta site.. Register for beta and you will get a code instantly.
    Even those who have preordered will need to do the same.
    Only ones with access without doing this are those who were in previous versions of the beta test.

Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    Best Duo Ever

Lets see your Battle Stations /r/battlestations
    Battle Station 
  • Shadowguy64Shadowguy64 Member Posts: 848

I'm a 1.0 owner but deleted my beta invite (thinking it was phishing attempt...bah!)

So I will be able to download the release version somewhere. Not sure where tho. Is the Open beta version and release version pretty much the same? Follow link earlier in this thread?

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    They said open beta client will be same as release.

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    Originally posted by Shadowguy64

I'm a 1.0 owner but deleted my beta invite (thinking it was phishing attempt...bah!)

So I will be able to download the release version somewhere. Not sure where tho. Is the Open beta version and release version pretty much the same? Follow link earlier in this thread?

im in the same boat. here's what i did:

1. recover SE account password and reactivate account (fancy word for just login).

2. should see FFXIV in your list of Services and it should read Active (or something similar).

3. now i get lost ... i have still got my beta key, but i would imagine if you contacted support they would simply send you another one. however, the website for FFXIV and FFXIV support are currently closed. you might try SE support directly.

4. if all else fails you should be able to simply get an OBT key come the 17th. the only thing that is currently downloadable is the Patcher. so, sadly we won't get in before the rush.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse