Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Interview] Albion Online: A True Cross-Platform Sandbox MMO

Comments

• JojinJojin Member UncommonPosts: 120
    I am more concerned about 'Free to Play" versus full loot.  Though the mixing of the two together is really frightening.  
  • elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335
    Full loot yet again.  /sigh  I can already play Mortal Online and Darkfall as well as Eve, why would I choose to play this one?  So tired of the Full Loot mechanic ruining so many potential sandboxes.  SWG didn't have full loot and I had a blast PVPing in that sandbox.
  • RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    Originally posted by Rosa36
    My account is about to be banned.
    There, I fixed that for you.

Smile

• yabcoyabco Member Posts: 1
    Originally posted by Soki123
    Please bring back some old school MMO gaming again.

+1 to this :)

• SidQFTSidQFT Member UncommonPosts: 96
    hell ya cant wait for this one!!
  • nuk3meisternuk3meister Member UncommonPosts: 41
    edited February 2016

Removed
    Post edited by nuk3meister on
  • AvsRock21AvsRock21 Member UncommonPosts: 256
    Originally posted by Dalaimoc
    i stopped reading after "full loot pvp"  and "all gear is player crafted" - good luck with your niche game

Lol, WoW and the other easy games for children are that way ------------------------>

• BunnykingBunnyking Member UncommonPosts: 126

Full loot pvp? Top view?

Moving on... nothing to see here.

• grimfallgrimfall Member UncommonPosts: 1,153
    Originally posted by Bunnyking

Full loot pvp? Top view?

I just love these "I'm not gonna play ur game" posts.  So interesting and informative.  What do they call it, special snowflake syndrome?

It seems interesting.  I like the art style from the couple screenies posted.  The 5 x 5 guild fights seem rather restrictive though.  That's not even the size of EQ1 groups.

• SuraknarSuraknar Member UncommonPosts: 852

I never thought I could be attracted to an isometric MMO again after UO...but, looking at the screenshots there is a certain appeal which creates a sweet taste in my mind.

I will definitely be looking at this MMO, especially since it strives to bring back old school feel to it.

- Duke Suraknar -
    Order of the Silver Star, OSS

ESKA, Playing MMORPG's since Ultima Online 1997 - Order of the Silver Serpent, Atlantic Shard
  • KanylKanyl Member UncommonPosts: 252
    First I was very sceptic when reading about cross-platform, with mobile devices included! But after reading the first lines, that you do different things on different devices, I then got really hooked! I hope they make something good, but I doubt it, since so many mmorpgs have been a let down for me, over the past years. Fingers crossed and all my wishes to the team!
  • blutigfaustblutigfaust Member UncommonPosts: 129

I'm curious, did any of you testers or developers of this game play Roma Victor ?  If so, what is your opinion on how close the game play is to how that one was?

Thanks.

Current games playing: MechWarrior Online
    Games being watched:  Project Genom
    Favorite played games: SWG, RomaVictor, and Xsyon

• KellerKeller Member UncommonPosts: 602
    Originally posted by Bercilak
    Originally posted by Chrisbox
    I was interested as well up until I read mobile.  You do realize how much that limits your game right? 

We have run several alpha tests already, in particular with some very well known Darkfall guilds all playing on PC and I think everyone was having lots of fun. AO is a full sandbox MMO with all the necessary features. If a typical MMO feature is not yet implemented it is because we have been in development for just over a year. 

We have some very senior developers in our team who have done some great magic bringing this game on tablets.

Kind regards,

Bercilak

I hope that these darkfall guilds have warned you for the danger of macros.... players who can instantly change gear and run scripts to cycle through their nukes.

• inerv01inerv01 Member UncommonPosts: 13
    been following this a while. Still waiting for them to announce AO for the Surface RT. i need something to do on that paperweight.

• MalacthMalacth Member UncommonPosts: 121

Why do people who make Sandboxes believe full loot is a requirement?

Not interested anymore, sounded great as well.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Unless he intends to restrict combat to 4 on 4, he is wasting his time on mobile devices, there is no way you can pvp with a mobile device beyond very small fights.  Secondly, the computers will dominate any pvp on a mobile device, then adding in full loot, ridiculous.

Sounds pretty clueless to me.  A developer that ignores limits to technology should not be a developer.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Wait! Wait!...Imma go back and re read this again!
  • AyulinAyulin Member Posts: 334
    Originally posted by grimfall

Full loot pvp? Top view?

I just love these "I'm not gonna play ur game" posts.  So interesting and informative.  What do they call it, special snowflake syndrome?

It seems interesting.  I like the art style from the couple screenies posted.  The 5 x 5 guild fights seem rather restrictive though.  That's not even the size of EQ1 groups.

I love those kinds of posts as well. Reminds me of some old real-life friends of mine; they were a married couple. They disagreed with who won a season of Hell's Kitchen. In indignant protest - as though they were personally insulted - they assured each other of how they "refused to eat in that person's restaurant". I chuckled and said "you make it sound as though they'll be beating your door down, begging you to validate their victory by showing up".

They didn't appreciate that. Didn't talk to me for a little while after that. -shrug- Truth hurts, I guess, even when delivered facetiously.

In any case, the game sounds very interesting! Color me intrigued. I may just request an Alpha invite for myself.

• ComafComaf Member UncommonPosts: 1,150
    Originally posted by Bercilak

We will do our best ;)

Call me crazy, but how about one server dedicated to a few different realms?  I played Dark Age of Camelot for years, and I've read a few history books and seen a few fantasy movies and I'm getting the feeling that sometimes it's cool to have entire cultures vs each other instead of me logging in and killing the same players and races that are on my team.

Spike tv had an offering called Deadliest warrior.  They pitted people of races and cultures that were different from each other.  The combatants had different martial styles, followed different beliefs and so forth. 

Pvp today is nothing more than gang banging.  You have turf, you get a group of fellows together and take some turf for a short period of time. 

Might as well call modern pvp just a sim of Chicago street gangs.  Same underprivileged kids from the same communities gunning each other down.  No unity among a people that an entire civil rights movement organized to protect and honor. 

So in a nutshell, your product to me at least, is far from epic or grand in scale.  It isn't any different than any other offering.  "Now a days" if you want to be different and stand out above the mediocrity of pvp experiences you should really consider a realm vs realm vs realm (hey why not 4?) mmo where the enemy is for once (drum roll) different.  DIfferences lend to real loyalty and give a new player a sense of immersion and intrigue...

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Originally posted by elocke
    Full loot yet again.  /sigh  I can already play Mortal Online and Darkfall as well as Eve, why would I choose to play this one?  So tired of the Full Loot mechanic ruining so many potential sandboxes.  SWG didn't have full loot and I had a blast PVPing in that sandbox.

Lmao, wait...you are acting like full loot is the norm and there are tons of full loot games...

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• mysticalspammysticalspam Member Posts: 64
    luv the words FULL LOOT... it just screams we don't care, we only want 10 to 15% of the player base we could have had..... :D

• General-ZodGeneral-Zod Member UncommonPosts: 868
    Originally posted by Ayulin
    Originally posted by grimfall

Full loot pvp? Top view?

I love those kinds of posts as well. Reminds me of some old real-life friends of mine; they were a married couple. They disagreed with who won a season of Hell's Kitchen. In indignant protest - as though they were personally insulted - they assured each other of how they "refused to eat in that person's restaurant". I chuckled and said "you make it sound as though they'll be beating your door down, begging you to validate their victory by showing up".

They didn't appreciate that. Didn't talk to me for a little while after that. -shrug- Truth hurts, I guess, even when delivered facetiously.

In any case, the game sounds very interesting! Color me intrigued. I may just request an Alpha invite for myself.

• bubbabillbubbabill Member Posts: 80
    Pve crowd just give them this game.  let them have the full loot ow pvp.  the 10k players will have a ball and hopefully leave the others games alone
  • observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685

Some of you need better reading comprehension and understanding.  It's in the title!  Cross-Platform, and it's not just for mobile.

I was interested until i saw that it will be fixed in isometric view.

• azmundaiazmundai Member UncommonPosts: 1,419
    pretty hard to bring back old school with a "BUY MOAR GOLD!!!1!!11111!!!" Button permanently stamped on your ui.

LFD tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.
    I am, usually on the sandbox .. more "hardcore" side of things, but I also do just want to have fun. So lighten up already :)