Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Good luck getting new players

RafadotnechiRafadotnechi Member UncommonPosts: 90

When you can't even created a character 

http://forums.firefallthegame.com/community/threads/one-charactere-allowed-per-account.1564741/

The best part is the Dev response. 

Comments

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535
    Originally posted by Mouls

When you can't even created a character 

http://forums.firefallthegame.com/community/threads/one-charactere-allowed-per-account.1564741/

The best part is the Dev response. 

Not sure what you're getting at. Looks like a possible server issue that they'll most likely get fixed.

Don't need more than one character per account seeing you can play and be everything in the game.

• cnutempcnutemp Member UncommonPosts: 230
    wrong thread
  • r3dl4ncer3dl4nce Member UncommonPosts: 114

Beta = game CAN and probably WILL have problems, Beta is there to found and fix problems.

Welcome to a  game in beta...

• mCalvertmCalvert Member CommonPosts: 1,283
    Theyre selling stuff, thus its production.
  • Mad+DogMad+Dog Member UncommonPosts: 780
    Originally posted by mCalvert

good point, game is not beta as soon as they start selling stuff.

Ok. You ignore the big word BETA written everywhere, on the site, on the game login, on the game screen and so on. It's ok. And yet, problems can happen even after a game is released, so nothing strange, it's a problem, they are aware of it and are resolving it...

Neverwinter, being that too a "soft-relese" too, had way more big problems, from item duping to rollback of several hours...

Originally posted by r3dl4nce

Ok. You ignore the big word BETA written everywhere, on the site, on the game login, on the game screen and so on. It's ok. And yet, problems can happen even after a game is released, so nothing strange, it's a problem, they are aware of it and are resolving it...

Neverwinter, being that too a "soft-relese" too, had way more big problems, from item duping to rollback of several hours...

They can call it whatever they want. It has no meaning. Once they start collecting production money, consumers have certain expectations.

They can call it whatever they want. It has no meaning. Once they start collecting production money, consumers have certain expectations.

Expectactions that Firefall can fulfill without problems. Or perhaps you expect that a release videogame have NO bug? Hey, come back to reality!

• Mad+DogMad+Dog Member UncommonPosts: 780
    not beta when they take people cash... simples

• Shadowguy64Shadowguy64 Member Posts: 848
    This is a very poor troll thread. Looked like the Dev response was trying to be helpful.
    Originally posted by r3dl4nce

Expectactions that Firefall can fulfill without problems. Or perhaps you expect that a release videogame have NO bug? Hey, come back to reality!

No, I expect them to treat the game as if they are charging people to access it. That means not hiding behind a beta label. Have a defined list of final features. When you meet those goals, then you call it released and start charging. If you are still working on it, then you shouldn't be charging people.

No, I expect them to treat the game as if they are charging people to access it. That means not hiding behind a beta label. Have a defined list of final features. When you meet those goals, then you call it released and start charging. If you are still working on it, then you shouldn't be charging people.

Uh? The game has a monthly subscription and I didn't see it? Oh wait, no, the game is FREE TO PLAY, that means that you pay ONLY IF YOU WANT. They are not forcing you to pay.

They have a store where they sell access to pieces of the game (starter packs) and services within the game (red beans). These are indicators of a production product.
    Originally posted by Torvaldr
    They have a store where they sell access to pieces of the game (starter packs) and services within the game (red beans). These are indicators of a production product.

Okay.  So it's production.  Now, so what?  They have an issue.  Don't like beta + monetization, then don't play.  How simple is that?

Pretty simple if it was relevant. Don't like peoples opinions don't read them. How simple is that?

• TekaelonTekaelon Member UncommonPosts: 604

Hmm I believe ArenaNet sold gems during beta for GW2 but it was still called beta. A lot of games, especially on steam, have taken money for games barely in Alpha. Point being is that I have played for 2 weeks now and have yet to give Red 5 a single dollar. However I plan on it because despite the games issues it is freaking fun!

Peace!

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423

I don't like these extended 'betas' despite companies gladly accepting money and no longer doing any type of stress testing. 

Let's be honest - it's launched.  As far as I see it, since there will be no more progression wipes, the game is launched.

It kind of sucks to because there is almost no competition in this game between players - largely due to the fact that:

A) Red5 teetered between 'closed beta', 'open beta', 'wipes', 'no wipes', 'no wipes but achievements', ect.  This left players somewhat puzzled about what the status of FF is and when, if any, the race to endgame would begin.

B) Little to no content to differentiate a player who has been playing a week as opposed to a player who has been playing for several months.

• gamekid2kgamekid2k Member Posts: 360
    With this definition all current games are beta unless they are in console.  Who remember WoW back in 2004?  Roll backs,  loot loss, 2 hours queue.  In fact one time they even gave game credit due to extended downtime.

Now Playing: DARKFALL Unholy Wars "Return to Open World, Full Loot PvP, Conquest in a Sandbox MMO with player driven economy! Just like classic MMOs!"

• AzothAzoth Member UncommonPosts: 840

Okay.  So it's production.  Now, so what?  They have an issue.  Don't like beta + monetization, then don't play.  How simple is that?

Pretty simple if it was relevant. Don't like peoples opinions don't read them. How simple is that?

So if a game have a kickstarted campaign is it gold before it even went into alpha ? They are taking money for in game items ...

Originally posted by Azoth

So if a game have a kickstarted campaign is it gold before it even went into alpha ? They are taking money for in game items ...

No, thats charity. They are taking donations (depending on the rewards), and kickstarter is not a contract to own something. Selling a product is. Theres a contractual obligation.

• StrangerousStrangerous Member Posts: 165

Call it beta, alpha, launch, potato, whatever.

Its not a beta if they are charging money, and whoever used possibly the worst argument ive seen, "its free so you don't have to spend money so its still beta" along those lines...very funny stuff

They are selling the game and will gladly take money.  They will not be doing a wipe before real launch.  Its been in beta for what, over a year now?

I will say that the devs seemed to be in pre production planning phase as they seemed to have no idea as to what type of game they were trying to make.  I know they lost a lot of their original supporters due to these changes.

General consensus has been that the game isn't very good, even if bugs were cleaned up and polished.

• BaitnessBaitness Member UncommonPosts: 675

Don't know what consensus you are talking about.  The game made a terrible generic first impression for me, but after forcing AF via drivers and using sweetfx I really like how it looks.  I am having more fun with this game than I have with any game in too many years to figure out.  I really like that I can get my co-op shooter fix with MMO flair.

It is just naturally enjoyable to wander around a pretty paradise/post apocalyptic world shooting things with other players while wearing a jetpack.  It should really be a genre in itself.

edit: as to the beta/not beta discussion, I could have sworn that during closed beta one of the devs said in an article I got from this website that, in their opinion, it was already launched.  I am definitely being more patient with server issues since it is a free game, but I think the game is so much fun I would be patient with it even if it were not.

Im still playing it. It has its fun moments, even if the variety is very limited. You can only stop a tornado so many times. Got a email this weekend advertising a sale on their cash shop currency. If this game is still in testing, they sure don't act like it.
  • furbansfurbans Member UncommonPosts: 968
    Originally posted by Tekaelon

Hmm I believe ArenaNet sold gems during beta for GW2 but it was still called beta. A lot of games, especially on steam, have taken money for games barely in Alpha. Point being is that I have played for 2 weeks now and have yet to give Red 5 a single dollar. However I plan on it because despite the games issues it is freaking fun!

Peace!

Moot point.  Can't say for Firefall as I don't know much bout the game.  But in GW2 beta you char was wiped and you were refunded (naturally) of all gem purchases while games like Neverwinter took you money didn't do a wipe even though the majority of their fans called for it and knowing fully that their economy was COMPLETELY fucked up due to exploits.  I'm assuming Firefall falls under the latter.

And if they are taking your money then where is the review scoring?  They explicitly stated in Neverwinter's  review that the moment a company started taking money is the moment that game launched.

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    Originally posted by Mad+Dog

good point, game is not beta as soon as they start selling stuff.

LOL 2 years ago when I first started playing ( yes its actually been 2 years), they told us the game would always be in beta as they would continually be evolving the game. 

Sadly all they have really evolved in 2 years is new ways to milk money from people who have already spent a lot of it.

• tomahawk1930tomahawk1930 Member UncommonPosts: 43
    Firefall was one of several disappointing purchases I've made in the MMO genre.