Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any EQN followers planning on playing FFXIV?

2»

Comments

• svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230
    Originally posted by donpopuki
    I plan to wait it out a bit and see what the reviews say about it. I got burned with FFX1, Aion, and TERA. If it was F2P I would try it.

There's a 3 day open beta you could try.

• Fly666monkeyFly666monkey Member UncommonPosts: 161
    No. Any game that has to relaunch itself due to how bad it was the first time around is not getting a second chance from me.
  • aerinndisaerinndis Member Posts: 67

Yes. I tried the beta, not expecting much, and was surprised by just how much I enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to open beta/release. I'm really more content to focus on FFXIV right now honestly, as I don't expect EQN to be out for at least a year or more. It's a game worth trying, for sure.

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Originally posted by fizzlesticks
    Originally posted by tkreep
    Originally posted by fizzlesticks

I play with a gamepad on pc and I dont feel gimped at all, because the gamepad design is that good.  And theres really no big advantage over each other.  If you actually try it you would see for your self.

How well do you do in situations that require movement? How do you hold the controller so you can move and attack at the same time?

I move with my left thumb and use my left and right fingers to do everything else while the camera is target locked and follows it around.  How do i play fighting games? How do I play hack and slash games?  Where its all about movement and multitudes of button combo attacks in split seconds.  Final Fantasy combat is a snail speed compared to those types of games.

• DangerNobuoDangerNobuo Member UncommonPosts: 96

My plans are to play FFXIV as my only MMORPG until Everquest Next comes out at which time I will play both with some frequency.

Best of both worlds because I can have a sub MMO and  a AAA Free-to-Play MMO at the same time.

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

Purchased the original release, so I guess I get the free week/month or whatever.

I'll check out, but i'm not terribly impressed from what I've read and seen in streamed gameplay.

• helothelot Member UncommonPosts: 99
    Got my pre-order.   Death to cash shops. 
  • JustsomenoobJustsomenoob Member UncommonPosts: 880

I actually bought FFXIV and played 1.0.

I have no intention of playing another Final fantasy game now.

• kaz350kaz350 Member UncommonPosts: 130
    Originally posted by Fly666monkey
    No. Any game that has to relaunch itself due to how bad it was the first time around is not getting a second chance from me.

So you dont play any games at all? Every single game company has put out a less than stellar product before and kept on selling it to people regardless. Most of them will never admit their game sucked. 

FF14 went a step further and actually publically admitted it.  Really? Who do you have more respect for? 

• LeirosLeiros Member UncommonPosts: 281
    Originally posted by Justsomenoob

I actually bought FFXIV and played 1.0.

I have no intention of playing another Final fantasy game now.

I feel your pain. I pre-ordered the Collector's Edition of FFXIV before it came out, played it a week and then threw it in the garbage. However, I was shocked when I played the beta for ARR. It's like a totally different game now. Since you already purchased 1.0, I highly recommend giving ARR a shot. You get a free month as a 1.0 player.

How many companies have actually recognized that they made a crappy game and then totally rebuilt it from the ground up just to save the franchise name and bring players back to it? I've gotta give Square credit on this one - they actually listened to their subscribers and have made a very enjoyable game. Do yourself a favor a check it out, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

• TalinthisTalinthis Member UncommonPosts: 26
    i am going to try it. though i wish i was 15 years younger so i had more time to play EQN, FF XIV. i know, i am going to buy a lottery ticket tomorrow! lol