Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Connectivity Issues

IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 16,116

Have you guys been experiencing a spike in activity lately or some ISP problems?

I thought maybe the problems with your slow connections had to do with what must be a humongous database and when you changed data center recently, it would help. But if anything, I find my connections to you from here (Vancouver, BC area) to be worse than before. Often when I click on an article or forum thread link it can take a good 15-30 seconds before the site responds.

Whenever that happens I tab over to some other site I use frequently to double-check or even run a quick Internet speed test and all seems just fine at my end.

Maybe it has to do with the location of your servers and ISP...whereabouts are you located anyway?

Not complaining as such--especially since you're free image, but I am curious if its just connections from my part of the world or a general issue.

Regards

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
― CD PROJEKT RED

Comments

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,562
    I've had some intermittent issues myself, but haven't seen any complaints from other users until this thread. I'll look into it and see if there is anything going on.

Michael "MikeB" Bitton
    Community Manager
    Twitter: @eMikeB

• RollieJoeRollieJoe Member UncommonPosts: 451
    This site lately has been very slow for me as well.   Just this site, other ones work fine.
  • urbanmechurbanmech Member UncommonPosts: 200
    The site is also very slow for me. can take up to a minute to load new pages.
  • MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,562
    If you're having connectivity issues, please shoot an e-mail over to ben AT mmorpg DOT com along with your geological location.

Michael "MikeB" Bitton
    Community Manager
    Twitter: @eMikeB