Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Doh! A deer..

crack_foxcrack_fox Member UncommonPosts: 399

Rescued from the rolling oceans, I arrive at the Isle of Refuge. Dressed in rags and armed only with a rusty knife, I’m blooded in battle with ..a small deer.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Slaying my foe, I go on to earn the gratitude of my fellow refugees. In a short time, I have become famous for my prowess and skill with sword and bow. Leaving the Isle something of a hero, I head for Qeynos where, in the shady glades of Oakmyst forest, I barely survive an encounter with…a small deer.

Time has passed. The strength of my arm has grown. Equipped with fine weapons, dressed in good leather armour and armed with more than a few powerful spells I head into the wilds of Antonica. But in the shadow of the Claymore, all of my training, skills and courage does not prepare me for the violent onslaught of…a small deer.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Antonica is too small for me. It holds no challenge now. I venture out to the Thundering Steppes to do battle with mighty centaurs, terrible griffons and towering hill giants whose footsteps shake the very earth as they charge towards me. I wear the finest chain and my blades are imbued with powerful magic. But alas, as powerful as I have become, I am barely a match for.. a small deer.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The Steppes are but a memory. Many leagues have I travelled since then and I have bested many foes. Undead lords have fallen to my blades, great treants have felt the bite of my steel, my spells have scattered shadowy demons and sent them howling back to hell. I take ship for the Enchanted Lands but…no! It cannot be! For all that I have learnt, for all that I have done and seen, for all the blood, battle and death, I am once again forced to flee in fear from..a small deer.

I have heard tell of the land of Zek. I fear not the orcs that dwell there, nor the other dangers that this land might hold. But I have heard a terrible rumour, that in a hidden glade in that desolate land there dwells a band of .. small deer.

I despair. For it seems that no matter how powerful I become, nor to which far flung corner of these shattered lands I travel they will always be there. I could wield the swords of the gods themselves and cast them down from their celestial thrones. I could make the lands of Norrath tremble in fear of my wrath, but it would matter not. For even in the coldest recesses of the void, in darkest reaches of time and space, I know that out there somewhere there lurks.. a small deer

Comments

• SlntasnSlntasn Member Posts: 711

you know, deers drop loot that is used in crafting.... Like dear meat and dear skin or w/e

That is probably why they are there...

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

::::01::

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• angerrangerr Member Posts: 865

lol awsome post ::::08::

and so true, i will never forget the first time i attacked a pack of deer and got rocked::::07:: that was some funny stuff hehe

read this http://www.vanguardsoh.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1044304#post1044304 then come back and talk to me about the vanguard/soe fiasco.....

• NiberNiber Member Posts: 203

Haha, great post!

Next how about .. Slimes?

• YagzurYagzur Member Posts: 8

hahah awesome!!

/petition...Deer slayer Master Lvl2??? 

think the dev's will put that in? image

• UmbroodUmbrood Member UncommonPosts: 1,809
    That last deer looks like an groupX2 encounter, at least using the old con system, or did they change it again?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Jerek_

I wonder if you honestly even believe what you type, or if you live in a made up world of facts.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• WickesWickes Member UncommonPosts: 749

Outstanding post ... I have tears in my eyes from laughing.

/Applause

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433
    They replace the spiders from EQ with deers in EQ2?  Or are there even more deers than those spiders?  Kinda like spiders + snakes? image

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

• SlntasnSlntasn Member Posts: 711

well by looking at the other responses, i guess you weren't trying to flame the game...

My apologies for my misunderstanding.

• crack_foxcrack_fox Member UncommonPosts: 399

Originally posted by SLNTASN

well by looking at the other responses, i guess you weren't trying to flame the game...
    My apologies for my misunderstanding.

No apology necessary. I wasn't trying to flame the game. I do think that there is too much recycling of certain creature models throughout the game , but you could aim that criticism at a lot of games. With regard to your point about deer and drops, I understand why they are there. However, I think that it would have been better to base the ability to harvest hides on a "skinning" skill level in line with other resource gathering skills, instead of combat level. Maybe there are reasons why SOE took the approach they did - possibly they did it just for the entertainment value of watching an overcocky adventurer being chased over the horizon by an angry badger. Have to admit, it always makes me smile image
  • anarchyartanarchyart Member Posts: 5,378
    LOL awesome post. Well written and worded. You get an A++!image

• 1337.master1337.master Member Posts: 21
    lol that was funny and true. I am only lvl 13 but i fought Giant stone monsters and then i fled from a small deer.lolimage

I eat n00bs

• zeb9zeb9 Member Posts: 1
    image LOL! kool story! image

[jak]