Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In regards of terrible forum moderation

xalvixalvi Member Posts: 329

You have been issued a temporary ban by one of our moderators.

Category: Trolling
Span: 08/04/2013 - 08/06/2013 23:59:59 [3 days]
Reason: Posting excessive negative comments or baiting others to respond in a negative manner is considered trolling on the MMORPG.com forums.

This temporary ban was generated from the following post on our discussion forum:

Thread: [Preview] EverQuest Next: The Future of the MMORPG Lies in Norrath
Below is the content of the post:

------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Quillim
Originally posted by Scot
Originally posted by QuickShatter

Graphics? you guys are whining about Graphics? when did, how SUPER life like a game looks take priority over how good a gameplays?

Also you guys have to realise that, the art style they chose maybe easyer for lower end computers to play. They aren't just making the game for you guys who have invested a shit ton of money into gaming rig.

Gameplay > Graphics : Seriously graphics? go back to the console games then, they are always pretty.

Have you been living on an alternate Earth since the millennium? Graphics has become king, gameplay is secondary and has been for years. It is a sad fact but if your game does not get at least 7.5 for graphics it is likely doomed. I am not saying there are not exceptions, Minecraft springs to mind. But they are exceptions for a reason.

Graphics have never and will never trump gameplay. Not in this millennium or the next.

Video Games with weak Gameplay and strong graphics die fast. Everquest 1 is still being played.. you think that's because of the GRAPHICS? World of Warcraft still persists, but has gone down in recent years. Why? Because of the perception that the GAMEPLAY has been watered down and gotten too formulaic(the Graphics have remained the same). Gameplay drives everything and it would be ignorant to say otherwise. And yes, things like Minecraft or Cube World can have extremely crappy graphics, yet keep people interested due to their Gameplay.

So no.. EQN's graphics don't worry me one bit. They look fine. It'll all come down to how they deliver on the Gameplay. Will they successfully remove the massive grinds? Will the emergent GAMEPLAY come out like they're expecting. How well will I interact with the world and other players? That's what interests me. Not how it particularly looks. But then, I tend to play video GAMES, not Video Graphics.

Not true, look at LOTRO. Terrible gameplay, extremely strong and realistic graphics.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First comment i said in over a month on these forums, i have now remembered why i don't post here anymore. I thought this was a place for people to post their responses to matters. Anyways would anyone like to tell me why i got banned for 2 days? Thanks. Otherwise this is a lol moment with MMORPG.COM forums.

Mike B, come on the moderator who gave me this ban should be held accountable. I got messages from the forum users who saw my thread about this saying there was no reason for you to get banned. This is out of hand.

What i'm trying to suggest at least, is to kick that moderator out and get moderators who actually care for this site. 

Comments

• xalvixalvi Member Posts: 329

Funny thing is, my "trolling" comment made the person reply back to me to have a discussion, because you know that is what we do in the forums.

Originally posted by xalvi
    Originally posted by Scot
    Originally posted by QuickShatter

Graphics? you guys are whining about Graphics? when did, how SUPER life like a game looks take priority over how good a gameplays?

Also you guys have to realise that, the art style they chose maybe easyer for lower end computers to play. They aren't just making the game for you guys who have invested a shit ton of money into gaming rig.

Gameplay > Graphics : Seriously graphics? go back to the console games then, they are always pretty.

Have you been living on an alternate Earth since the millennium? Graphics has become king, gameplay is secondary and has been for years. It is a sad fact but if your game does not get at least 7.5 for graphics it is likely doomed. I am not saying there are not exceptions, Minecraft springs to mind. But they are exceptions for a reason.

Graphics have never and will never trump gameplay. Not in this millennium or the next.

Video Games with weak Gameplay and strong graphics die fast. Everquest 1 is still being played.. you think that's because of the GRAPHICS? World of Warcraft still persists, but has gone down in recent years. Why? Because of the perception that the GAMEPLAY has been watered down and gotten too formulaic(the Graphics have remained the same). Gameplay drives everything and it would be ignorant to say otherwise. And yes, things like Minecraft or Cube World can have extremely crappy graphics, yet keep people interested due to their Gameplay.

So no.. EQN's graphics don't worry me one bit. They look fine. It'll all come down to how they deliver on the Gameplay. Will they successfully remove the massive grinds? Will the emergent GAMEPLAY come out like they're expecting. How well will I interact with the world and other players? That's what interests me. Not how it particularly looks. But then, I tend to play video GAMES, not Video Graphics.

Not true, look at LOTRO. Terrible gameplay, extremely strong and realistic graphics.

Look at the former top Games worldwide and not the rounding error that is LOTRO.

Angry Birds

Candy Crush

Farmville

And what do they have in common? Extremely crappy graphics. What causes them to be extremely popular is their gameplay and replayability. That's what makes a good game, not the graphics they use.

Everquest in any form has never been a mass market game. Ever. There is a base in the tens of millions of users.. Everquest has only ever gotten 500K people subbed at any one time and the numbers have gone to less than 100K. It survives to this day due to the gameplay and due to there being enough people who enjoy that gameplay to justify the costs of development.

The simple fact will be that EQNext will rise or fall on its Gameplay, not its Graphics. If the Gameplay is extremely solid and revolutionary, people will get used to the Graphics in no time. The hope is that with that Gameplay, and the ability to create stuff for the game, that Everquest will finally go mainstream.

One thing I did quite like with the combat sequence as it pertains to graphics is that they seemed to have moved to a more close-up style of fighting. The toon wasn't needing to be like one inch high on the screen and needing a magnifying glass to see the detail. Either way, that's just eye candy... what will matter is whether or not i'm giving lots of choices of stuff to do and not forcefed through some bs story ala STTOR or GW2.

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

This isn't the place for this. Respond to your auto-generated e-mail and I'll be glad to review this for you.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.