Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2 - Yawn Fest

2»

Comments

• NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671
    Originally posted by Ic3CroW

Hurr durr why would I ever expect a hallmark feature of the original game to be in its sequel? God I must be dumb and not know the lore..... seriously u guys try to hard

Steam: Neph

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

Why is it that people that don't care for some game aspect are :

-pelted with name calling

called whiners

called trolls

called complainers

and all the "yes"  posters get affirmations from other "yes" people ?

• LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327
    Originally posted by RevenantBob

I'm not sure where the love for GW2 comes from, but I'm going to give my 2 cents of the game after getting 80 multiple times, dungeon running, crafting, world PVP and more.

GW2 is a "Yawn Fest" and you're not sure where the love for GW2 comes from, and yet ... you leveled to 80 multiple times, engaged in dungeon running, crafting, world PvP and more.

If that's not the text book definition of hypocrisy, I don't know what is.

These forums never cease to amaze me.

• HalandirHalandir Member UncommonPosts: 773
    Originally posted by Shadanwolf

Why is it that people that don't care for some game aspect are :

-pelted with name calling

called whiners

called trolls

called complainers

and all the "yes"  posters get affirmations from other "yes" people ?

Because they are complaining about fully disclosed game design aspects yet still seem to think that the game is flawed because it does not conform to their opinion of "epic gamedom"?

We dont need casuals in our games!!! Errm... Well we DO need casuals to fund and populate our games - But the games should be all about "hardcore" because: We dont need casuals in our games!!!
    (repeat ad infinitum)

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926
    I'm so glad I played the beta and were able to cancel my pre order
  • marcuslmmarcuslm Member UncommonPosts: 263

I hate to, but I have to agree with the OP. I was as excited for the release of GW2 as the next guy, but to me, most of it's features sounded so much better on paper than in reality.  Yes, it's pretty and I like the races and environments. The personal story is pretty bad and just not interesting. The dynamic quests are repetitive and as grindy as any MMORPG that I have ever played. The only thing they changed about questing is that in GW2 you don't have to accept a quest, you get it automatically. For example, collecting 15 or so eggs and putting them in nests? How is that fun?

As for those who say it's not fun because I am not playing it correctly...that's the most ridiculous thing that I have ever heard. I should not have to unlock some secret formula of playing a game that magically makes it fun and engaging. If a game can not do that on it's own from the start then something is wrong with the game, not me.

The farthest that I have managed to progress is one character to 45, one to 37, and another to 25-ish. It gets too boring and repetitive. For those that like it...great, good for you.  

I honestly would like to see GW2 succeed, I love the B2P model. Maybe someday, after some more updates,  I will return and give it another try.

This discussion has been closed.