Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Returning EU or restart US?

ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Okay, here's the deal... I have a DCE pack from the old NCWest times (had it from TR ending). I never really played Aion as main MMO, but subscribed for a couple of months total. I also have bought 2 or 3 extra pets and have dozens of goodies for all chars I create. After the forced transition to the EU I still have it and gave me a veteran account, with all pets & goodies available there for me to pick from.

Now here's my dilemma. I want to pick up Aion again, but my EU characters are not really high (26 is the highest iirc), but I have 'some kinah' though.Also worth to mention is that GameForge is a lousy publisher with having 4.0 still on the horizon for this month while it's already live in the US for 6 weeks now, and I really want to play the new bard class.

I'm wondering if I should stick to my veteran account with GameForge and wait rill 4.0 comes there or if it's 'wise' to hop back to the US and start from scratch with no goodies at all. I'm also wondering how the US community is compared to the EU one. Of course, the same question goes for population ;)

Any input and comments here are welcome...

Comments

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873

Don't even touch Gameforge. Make a new character on US servers. US version is completely free, no nickle and diming and entire game ontent is open for players. Cash Shop has fluff items and if you enjoy the game and feel like supporting devs, feel free to drop some coins in it.

Where as Gamefore is running its own system and has probably one of the worst F2P model. Many many EU players are rerolling on US servers .

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Originally posted by Doogiehowser

Don't even touch Gameforge. Make a new character on US servers. US version is completely free, no nickle and diming and entire game ontent is open for players. Cash Shop has fluff items and if you enjoy the game and feel like supporting devs, feel free to drop some coins in it.

Where as Gamefore is running its own system and has probably one of the worst F2P model. Many many EU players are rerolling on US servers .

I already expected an answer like this.

My veteran account is close to fully Free2Play aside from a couple of dungeon cooldown timers. Think I can live with that. On the other side, yeah, it's GameForge/Frogster and those we all know too well :(

US... Still have 800+ coins on my L2 account (which I don't play anymore), so why not use that account for Aion... When I really enjoy my stay there I can use the coins after all ;)

Next question... Any server you think is worth to start on in particular or are most of them equally well populated?

• EvilestTwinEvilestTwin Member Posts: 286

Siel is the most balanced server.  It's actually slightly favored towards Asmodians right now because they're a bit more organized.   Kahrun is completedly Asmodian dominated and Israphel/Tiamat are heavily Eylos dominated.

Originally posted by EvilestTwin

Siel is the most balanced server.  It's actually slightly favored towards Asmodians right now because they're a bit more organized.   Kahrun is completedly Asmodian dominated and Israphel/Tiamat are heavily Eylos dominated.

Thanks for the input. I started on Israphel with an Asmodean, but if it's totally unbalanced (as well as the other 2), I'll reroll on Siel instead

Rerolled and started on Siel as Eylos. So far so good. But...

Knowing NCWest from my long Lineage II experience, also shows how bad the GMs do their works on the Aion servers. No matter what time I logon, there are always 6 different RMT yellers in channel 3 (LFG). With these RMT yellers active (botted I'm sure of it), I figure later on in the game I have to fight over a spot with bots to do my quests and level up.

It's the Lineage II story all over again with tne Aion servers. The only exception here is that I can't kill half the bots that I'll encounter because they're my faction >:(

...suddenly GameForge doesn't sound all to bad after all...

• khartokhar3khartokhar3 Member UncommonPosts: 486
    doubt you will find many botters while you are leveling. bots are usually in high lvl areas, since there are much better drops. and aions high lvl areas are so big u wont see them if you dont search for them ;)
  • EvilestTwinEvilestTwin Member Posts: 286
    Bots are generally a non-issue now in terms of gameplay because you don't really need to grind mobs/quests to level now.   All of those kill 50x campaigns have been reduced to a much smaller kill count.   I recently leveled a ranger to max level and had no problems regarding competing for quest mobs.   End game zones are basically bot-free because they're all PvP zones.   There are a couple bots that do farm in end game pvp zones but they're really useful for getting your daily kill quests done.