Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Evil corporation or brilliant enterprise

BootezBootez Member UncommonPosts: 72

Just got an email from SWTOR with that subject talking about a new patch.

oh the irony 

Comments

• ArakaziArakazi Member UncommonPosts: 911
    Hasn't EA been voted the worse company in the United States? Ahead of banks and arms dealers and fox news.
  • simpliussimplius Member UncommonPosts: 1,134

yup,,twice in a row

gotta hand it to EA,,they have balls of steel

maybe we should pay them some Money, before they come and take it all?

• AhnogAhnog Member UncommonPosts: 240
    Originally posted by Arakazi
    Hasn't EA been voted the worse company in the United States? Ahead of banks and arms dealers and fox news.

What's wrong with Fox News. I love them.

Ahnog

Hokey religions are no replacement for a good blaster at your side.

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969
    Originally posted by Ahnog

Same here

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

Yeah.. and that is why i simply laugh my bleeding arse of at that nomination (as i am sure EA did)... EA worse then the banks that in essence took peoples money and lit them on fire... Or the real-estate companies that played monpoly with real world assets...

Actually i think BW are very good at making games, only one type of game but they do it well. As for EA... With out them (or publishers like them) many games would never had been made.

Also when it comes to EA they have recived a lot of praise for their work on creating a open and tolerant working enviorment for people outside of the hetro-norm... And that have to be worth something.

This have been a good conversation

the banks?   the government just gave them more Money to burn

real estate?  the same

EA got the golden pooh twice in a row, and i dont see any improvement there either

if my neighbour beats his wife, is it okay for me to do the same?

star wars and FREE dont belong together

or would you like to Work in a factory. that makes FREE products?

quality=high Price,,does that compute?

• TheodwulfTheodwulf Member UncommonPosts: 311
    Communists hate FOX news, thus I love FOX news
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by Theodwulf
    Communists hate FOX news, thus I love FOX news

Firefly fans hate fox too.

and fox news is rubbish anyway. image

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by gooutside
    Originally posted by simplius

SWTOR is healthier THEN a grown man crying about a VIDEO GAME HE DOESNT PLAY....Does that compute to you?

Wait, people are complaining about spending money in a F2P game, oh the humanity of it all, who would have thought that you had to actually spend money in a F2P game. image

• rusrecrusrec Member UncommonPosts: 52
    Played at launch...surprised people still waste their time on this game...its linear, very little to do besides the questhubs, boring repetitive endgame, miserable PvP, F2P is even worse with strangling restrictions.  The most annoying thing is the lack of a mechanic to betray from one side to the other.  the SW universe is built around betrayal and turning from one side to the other.
    Originally posted by Phry
    Originally posted by simplius

SWTOR is healthier THEN a grown man crying about a VIDEO GAME HE DOESNT PLAY....Does that compute to you?

Wait, people are complaining about spending money in a F2P game, oh the humanity of it all, who would have thought that you had to actually spend money in a F2P game. image

That is the thing you don't have to spend money to play the game. You. Can play the game 1-50 without spending a dime. All f2p game are not 100% free. Those who can afford the whopping $15 do get more. People today are lazy and feel they are entitled to everything for free and personally I think they are the reason today's games are going downhill.

you totally misunderstand the problem

i dont want a free star wars game

i want a GOOD one,,the Price is secondary

just keep em coming,,ill be here for the next 20 years

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926

EA worst company? What for? They didn´t write the SWTOR gamedesign, Bioware did and received 200+ M $$$. Nothing wrong with Fox news, only liberals hate them because they don´t surpress information they don´t want you to know.

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281

Remember when fox news came out saying Mass Effect was a corruptive game that had "FULL FRONTAL NUDITY"? Yep the rest of their news tends to be just as fact based.

Got love them for the humor in what they try and get people to believe. The one female reporter that was ranting people that make 250,000 dollars a year are barely above poverty level and should not pay higher taxes, but that people making minium wage of 7 dollars a hour should not get a raise?

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281
    Originally posted by DocBrody

EA worst company? What for? They didn´t write the SWTOR gamedesign, Bioware did and received 200+ M $$$. Nothing wrong with Fox news, only liberals hate them because they don´t surpress information they don´t want you to know.

Fox news doctors their footage and censors things they don't want you to see. its really very funny just watch a week worth of the daily show to see what fare and balanced Fox means.

yea,,john loves fox news

without them, he would have to Work much harder to get material

and he does take an occasional swing at the obama administration, so he is more fair , than fox is

if you take fox news on one side, and the daily show on the other, then the truth is prolly somewhere in the middle

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    Originally posted by Bootez

oh the irony 

you are telling me EA send you a mail with the subject "evil corporation or brilliant enterprise"??? 

i kinda doubt that... seriously.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278
    Originally posted by Thane
    Originally posted by Bootez

oh the irony 

you are telling me EA send you a mail with the subject "evil corporation or brilliant enterprise"??? 

i kinda doubt that... seriously.

It is true, I received 3 into my spam folder of one email, and 2 into the inbox of my other email

See below. The subject of the email was "Evil corporatio?n or brilliant enterprise?? Find out today in Game Update 2.3: Titans of Industry!"

image image
    image image

image LUCASARTS™ BIOWARE™ EA™ image Mature image

To unsubscribe or otherwise manage your email preferences, visit http://www.swtor.com/user/info.

LucasArts, the LucasArts logo, STAR WARS and related properties are trademarks in the United States and/or in other countries of Lucasfilm Ltd. and/or its affiliates. © 2013 Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. or Lucasfilm Ltd. All rights reserved. BioWare and the BioWare logo are trademarks of EA International (Studio and Publishing) Ltd. EA and the EA logo are trademarks of Electronic Arts Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

Electronic Arts Inc. 209 Redwood Shores Parkway, Redwood City, CA 94065

Terms of Service | Privacy Policy