Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reveal Stream / Preview Article General Discussion Thread

124»

Comments

• dontadowdontadow Member UncommonPosts: 1,005

I like what i've read and it certainlly feels like a newer, better way to do sandbox gaming in an mmorpg.  the first thing i see in most sandbox games is , "look how easy it is for someone to destroy and steal what you've done with no real story reason for it". 

Things I like, the ability to create a much different world than other servers as far as story wise.  

• sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458

Originally posted by JIUBHUNNY420
    Am I the only one who ACUTALLY likes the graphics?

From what I've read would have to say you are in the definite minority.

Originally posted by malkovich
    i love EQ , i will play and love this game , so many things look awesome... but - the first thing i saw looked just like a cartoony worgen with ridiculously oversized armor particularly shoulder armor. really let down by the first impressions of the art stlye.

I agree with what you've said. I will very likely give it a try myself though I dislike the graphics for the same reasons you cite!

Originally posted by termsy
    Originally posted by Dudehog I'd like to know how they're going to handle instancing.
    This.

I really dont want to see a loading screen for every zone. They're awful.

People have always hated the zoning loading, I have to think they've been smart enough to have gotten away from zones. New games just don't do that anymore, I'd be hugely disappointed if they haven't advanced beyond that kind of setup.

I see a small handful of the "classes" have been revealed. Here's hopeing that we get a Magician like EQ1, with the 4 distinct types of elemental pets. I found EQ2 disappointing in that it didn't have the Magicians in the same way as EQ1. I loved how independent EQ1 Magicians were also, being able to call up all those wonderful utility items was great.

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Originally posted by IfrianMMO

As i see it :

-A bunch of cool ideas,  but so did Gw2 have them and look how it ended.

It ended with a successful mmo

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Originally posted by saker

Your basing this off the negative threads on this site?  You realize the angry ones are the most vocal.  All the positive threads are focused on its features because they have no gripe against the graphics.  And if you look at most of the polls people made on this site about the games graphics they are usually voted about 50/50.

Just read this in relation to the "Landmark" game, it gives some idea about how housing is apparently going to work

"One other thing that will make the housing enthusiasts happy: Remember those templates we talked about? They can be used in EverQuest Next. So any really cool housing you design (on the Norrathian landmass, that is) can be used to construct the same structure when you earn a plot of land."

• ShezziShezzi Member Posts: 126

This thread is way too long to read now ;)

Still, the more news that comes out, the better this game sounds. I quite like the gamebreakertv coverage, though this site has some excellent interviews.

I don't want to wait too long; looking forward to making myself one of those sexy Kerra, and hopefully a Ratonga too ;)

• boobotboobot Member UncommonPosts: 29

I like it also. It's not what everyone is looking for though. They want more realistic looking characters/environment. The aesthetics will grow on most people as they begin to play. When ever I go back and log into WOW I initially think how bad things look but after playing a few hours I no longer notice it.  Am I having fun? Yes, and that's what boils down to!

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640

personally I LOVE them they remind me of Disney animation.

• rungardrungard Member Posts: 1,035

I think there wonderful. ultra Realistic is such a waste of resources and an artstyle that is slightly cartoonish looks better to me anyway.

when theres a couple of hundred people in the same spot and the frames are actually decent, I guess you can thank the art director later.

My mantra has always been no levels so im pleasantly surprised. Actually there is so much stuff favorable to me it almost seems like they read my mind. lol.

lets hope it works out.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Dudehog said:
    I'd like to know how they're going to handle instancing.
    They are shooting for a seamless world. How that works not sure but they are shooting for a sandbox game and they tend to be one large open world. But this is something they are still working on. May end up like WoW with continents each being one area but no official word yet other then they are working on a seamless tech.

saker said:

Dont take a vocal group as a majority. These forums do not capture how most gamers feel. This is just a snippet of gamers that like MMMOs and forums. 
  • arobiarobi Member UncommonPosts: 124
    nice necro  :)
    arobi said:
    nice necro  :)
    Didnt notice the dates lol, EQN forum page showed this thread having new posts so I just jumped lol. Funny was not showing as new posts yesterday.