Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Comments

• ArdiasMornArdiasMorn Member Posts: 1
    Sweet to see "some" ingame gameplay. Can't wait for PAX.
  • crondomcrondom Member Posts: 7
    Thanks, nice video with nice ingame footage.
  • dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362
    I laughed at the "inquisition" seals

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• StMichaelStMichael Member Posts: 183
    What little gameplay footage I could see there looked almost too similar to Space Marine gameplay. Is it possible they obtained some of that game's code from GW and plugged it in to their tech as a placeholder or proof of concept?
  • freakishbeanfreakishbean Member UncommonPosts: 176
    Originally posted by grigdusher
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brMfsxMs5F4

1:48, looks like a Raven Guard marine.

Needing is Wanting...
    Wanting is Coveting...
    Coveting is Sinning...
    I am SO going to Hell.

• BeerSamuraiBeerSamurai Member Posts: 69
    Originally posted by StMichael
    What little gameplay footage I could see there looked almost too similar to Space Marine gameplay. Is it possible they obtained some of that game's code from GW and plugged it in to their tech as a placeholder or proof of concept?

Hell I wouldn't mind if it looked like Space Marine.  That was an awesome game.  I hoped to see it expanded until THQ went bye bye.

Dreah I'm yunk, wazzit matter to you?

• WarheroJangoWarheroJango Member UncommonPosts: 8
    Originally posted by freakishbean
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brMfsxMs5F4

1:48, looks like a Raven Guard marine.

He's referencing a Chaos forge fiend on the other screen.....I hope I can ride it.

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401
    Very "Space Marine...game" like. I like it so far.
    The model at 0:54 looks like Black Legion.  Same colors, same emblem...

Originally posted by BeerSamurai

Hell I wouldn't mind if it looked like Space Marine.  That was an awesome game.  I hoped to see it expanded until THQ went bye bye.

The gameplay was definitely fun, but even the animations look the same, which I would think is very difficult to pull off from scratch.

The gameplay was definitely fun, but even the animations look the same, which I would think is very difficult to pull off from scratch.

That's not surprising.  It's a lot easier to make a game when you build it on an existing engine.  Odds are they are using assets from Space Marine to build the game on, so early footage will probably look alot like it.

• XavianValakhirXavianValakhir Member Posts: 11
    I'm admiring the team's obvious dedication to their craft and passion for the IP. I'm pleasantly surprised by the footage we got to peek at. It gives me a very positive impression of them starting off on the right foot.
  • Valrak40kValrak40k Member UncommonPosts: 77
    Originally posted by BeerSamurai

That's not surprising.  It's a lot easier to make a game when you build it on an existing engine.  Odds are they are using assets from Space Marine to build the game on, so early footage will probably look alot like it.

The Engine for Space Marine was fantastic, if anyone is doing a play through stop and just look at the atmosphere around you, if they did anything right on that game it was creating the perfect 40k atmosphere.

• irpugbossirpugboss Member UncommonPosts: 427

Yeah I really enjoyed Space Marine single player, and even the multiplayer which was horribly unsupported as a peer to peer setup. The art direction for the game really was 40k as far as I can imagine it, and would be floored to see even half the level of detail and scale in Eternal Crusade.

If this is their cornerstone for aesthetics, and even gameplay then this game will be ridiculously fun to play in a server based environment. I still jump on Space Marine multiplayer from time to time, that is, until the "Migrating to new host" kicks in every 5 minutes and lag make me want to desk flip lol.

• lRiordianllRiordianl Member Posts: 1

Inquisition censorship made me laugh.

I'm glad they wrote team names on top corner otherwise I couldn't understand what they are saying.

Can't wait to see more of gameplay.

• crondomcrondom Member Posts: 7
    Originally posted by krage

Yeah I really enjoyed Space Marine single player, and even the multiplayer which was horribly unsupported as a peer to peer setup. The art direction for the game really was 40k as far as I can imagine it, and would be floored to see even half the level of detail and scale in Eternal Crusade.

If this is their cornerstone for aesthetics, and even gameplay then this game will be ridiculously fun to play in a server based environment. I still jump on Space Marine multiplayer from time to time, that is, until the "Migrating to new host" kicks in every 5 minutes and lag make me want to desk flip lol.

Yeah, i'm glad to see the same animation and other things similar to Space Marine.

• zmalamuthzmalamuth Member Posts: 9
    My guess is that when THQ went under, they gave all their production stuff ( 3D models, concepts ) to GW, and GW gave all that to Behavior, cause it would be waste of time, to design it all again when it already exists, so perhaps they are using some scripts from Space marine to test the engine, before they start doing their own.
  • SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401
    Originally posted by zmalamuth
    My guess is that when THQ went under, they gave all their production stuff ( 3D models, concepts ) to GW, and GW gave all that to Behavior, cause it would be waste of time, to design it all again when it already exists, so perhaps they are using some scripts from Space marine to test the engine, before they start doing their own.

Nice first post!

They did have Steam opened with Space Marine as the game selected too.  I do think they said they played a lot of it because they want the game to feel "heavy" like SM was.

• GitzStompaGitzStompa Member Posts: 54

I gotta say, the team's spirit is very promising. Their enthusiasm towards the Warhamemr 40k lore and Eternal Crusade itself is astonishing. 

I wish you the best of luck making this game. Lookin' forward to playing as a Flash Git or a Nob with a Power Klaw:D

• grigdushergrigdusher Member UncommonPosts: 139
    Originally posted by Swanea

Nice first post!

They did have Steam opened with Space Marine as the game selected too.  I do think they said they played a lot of it because they want the game to feel "heavy" like SM was.

they must make the event "kill a dev in space marine multiplayer"

war 40K Eternal Crusade: refferal 4$ bonus: EC-9Y7IAZJ8UZN6I http://www.eternalcrusade.com/account/sign-up/?ref_code=EC-9Y7IAZJ8UZN6I

Nice first post!

Yea! They can just set up a server and....oh. 

So much for that idea.

• grigdushergrigdusher Member UncommonPosts: 139

Nice first post!

So much for that idea.

and ... migrate to new host :(

war 40K Eternal Crusade: refferal 4$ bonus: EC-9Y7IAZJ8UZN6I http://www.eternalcrusade.com/account/sign-up/?ref_code=EC-9Y7IAZJ8UZN6I

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362

Nice first post!

So much for that idea.

Implying that the MP is not entirely based on a terrible matchmaking

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

I was going more for the fact that there wouldn't really be any way to make sure people who wanted to be in the game got in it. At least in horde mode you can invite friends through steam, no such method for PvP. 
  • TsaboHavocTsaboHavoc Member UncommonPosts: 435
    cant w8 to get my mad dok experimenting on f2p gits, luckily some of them may not resist the treatment.