Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

End of Nations more than likely canned for good.

ZezdaZezda Member UncommonPosts: 686

So Trion closed an office today which looks like the devs behind EoN were based out of. 

Based on how things have been going it looks like the game is not going to be released without some major investment put into it.

http://i.imgur.com/MqvYsKc.png

Comments

• OzivoisOzivois Member UncommonPosts: 598
    Makes sense; the core of the game was badly designed. They should have copied the Company of Heroes formula.
  • ZezdaZezda Member UncommonPosts: 686
    Originally posted by Ozivois
    Makes sense; the core of the game was badly designed. They should have copied the Company of Heroes formula.

Let's just say something more along the lines of Shattered Galaxy would have suited the RTS crowd more than what they had.

It really wasn't looking good from the start though. Having to ask your players for suggestions on how to fix issues that should be trivial for anyone with a bit of RTS background to solve and not having anything specific for your beta testers to test shows that they had a lack of focus and plan for the product.

• waterwarfare203waterwarfare203 Member Posts: 10

yea why would i play end of nations when i can play starcraft.

So its a good move. I play both starcraft 2 and civilization 5, ther ewas no point in playing end of nations at all, no incentive.

• ZezdaZezda Member UncommonPosts: 686
    Originally posted by waterwarfare203

yea why would i play end of nations when i can play starcraft.

So its a good move. I play both starcraft 2 and civilization 5, ther ewas no point in playing end of nations at all, no incentive.

All they had to do was make something half decent that can have 20 people or more in the same battle and they would have had a relatively easy time of it. Instead they try to make it appeal more to the casual crowd and keep battles to 4v4 tops. Then they find out that there's no way to keep casual people happy in that situation because they just get rofl stomped all day by the better players. 

I would imagine that RTS games in general have a larger skill gap between bad and good players compared to other games. Especially seeing as it's focus was player vs player content.