Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Now only VIPS can gather and mine. -THIS HAS BEEN REVERSED!!!-

DeitylightDeitylight Member UncommonPosts: 103

Discuss.

While this is a counter measure to bots, will it be worth in the long run for free players who gathered mats to make money and items?

Comments

• angelknight4angelknight4 Member Posts: 98

This is nothing more than to make people pay for VIP to enjoy contents of the game. Then we have higher tier of VIP that cost 15 gold more.

Sure, they can say it is to combat bots, but there are much better solution like raising internal requirement for life skills.

Furthermore, only new players spend time to gather materials since old players just buy materials to craft and such and save much more time and vigor. And if people have money to pay for VIP, they would rather buy gold and sell it for Liang instead of spend time mining and harvest materials.

Like I said many months ago, this game is FreeToTry, PayToEnjoy.

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782
    I have already said this in the other article about the expansion but just going to reiterate. This is a gamebreaker for me and will not coming back to Age Of Wushu or give Snail any more money until they do something about it. I know not everybody will agree but this is my feeling on the matter.
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

1) Do subscription games have no bots? Making gathering VIP exclusive does nothing to combat bots.
    2) It completely gimps any what is left from laughable "economy" the game has since there is a severe lack of ways how to obtain anything valuable for trading.
    3) lol

• nastyjmannastyjman Member Posts: 161
    I think they need to market the game as Free-To-Try rather than Free-To-Play.
  • rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870

Though I commend SnailUSA for trying to combat botting that was ruining the game economy.  However, as usual they are all thumbs about doing it.   I'm sure there are other ways to remedy the situation instead of just making it a VIP feature.  I know that a lot of guildies in my old guild on White Tiger were f2p and crafters/resource gatherers for the guild. 

This move might stop the botting, but it is also going to affect (lower) the f2p population even more.  And they are adding a server?  As usual and par for the course, Snail shows it has no idea on how to run an MMO successfully in the West.  Having features is one thing.  Having restrictive gameplay and account policies is another.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• DeitylightDeitylight Member UncommonPosts: 103

Wow, I don't know what to say, they actually listened to their playerbase and reverted the changes for vip gathering only.

Color me impressed.

• angelknight4angelknight4 Member Posts: 98
    Originally posted by Deitylight

Wow, I don't know what to say, they actually listened to their playerbase and reverted the changes for vip gathering only.

Color me impressed.

I am surprised at this too. 9 months, they rarely change their decision like this.

However, there are many "elitist" in forum who want to reverse this decision back to VIP only again. They are now making ruckus in official forum and you don't see them post here since they are busy over there now.

Gathering bots is a minor part since there are script bots and ss bots which far more destructive. It's also a fact that there are bots in subscription games as well.

This, driving on cart and TP protection are my favorite.

• DeitylightDeitylight Member UncommonPosts: 103
    Originally posted by angelknight4

Color me impressed.

I am surprised at this too. 9 months, they rarely change their decision like this.

However, there are many "elitist" in forum who want to reverse this decision back to VIP only again. They are now making ruckus in official forum and you don't see them post here since they are busy over there now.

Gathering bots is a minor part since there are script bots and ss bots which far more destructive. It's also a fact that there are bots in subscription games as well.

This, driving on cart and TP protection are my favorite.

I agree, you simply don't sacrifice your ftp base. If a restirction like that was placed on a game, it may as well have launched pay to play.

I'm enjoying the new features so far.

Edit

As for the elitist what can you do about them? They are just pissed that the gap between pay and free player wasn't increased. I have a confession, I never subbed to wushu before because snails has been doing a terrible job, I might actually sub now because I respect them for listening to their Free to play player base.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

Discuss.

While this is a counter measure to bots, will it be worth in the long run for free players who gathered mats to make money and items?

im sorry but no matter how much i like AoW, its not worth a VIP subscription. Ill take my money to the GW2 cash shop and the WoW sub instead.

I like AoW a lot, but i dont play as often anymore and the first thing that scared me away from the game is the inventory renting crap. I want to purchase bigger bags, not rent them. I am not paying a subscription for a game that isnt worth one. Now this.....

Good luck Snail, too bad you had to make this awesome game and not a better company.