Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lonely gamer.

fogged2fogged2 Member Posts: 11

It's been about 3 years since I played an mmo with anyone. I miss having friends. I miss being able to group content and having fun socially.

So im here, reaching out. 

I'm 22 year old university student. I've been MMOing since 1999 starting with EQ1. If anyone's out there that is in the same boat as me, or if anyone has relatively small community that wants more in a game, please let me know. I'm pretty much willing to play any game.

EDIT* 8/10/2013

I'm currently in the United States, Florida. So im on the EST time zone.  (Thanks for that comment)

Also I sent everyone a PM with my skype name. If I missed you, my skype name is : fogged2 . 

I look forward to hearing from everyone. It was really heart warming to wake up and see this thread  getting attention. And other people like me out there.

I genuinely hope we can maybe get something started, and have a nice group of people to play a "social" game with. 

EDIT* 8/11/2013

We have gotten quite a few people since the start of this thread, which is great. Most of us are comfortable around playing during EST evenings. We have decided to start out on Final Fantasy : A Realm Reborn.

Until then, we will be playing GW2 pvp (not WvW). We figured it doesn't take too much investment and it's easy to just start since your level and gear get normalized. 

Also, I can't stress enough for people to please add me on Skype. Not Steam or Facebook. Thank you.

Comments

• SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107
    Not really properly contributing here, but you should add a country and maybe time zone to your post :) makes it a lot easier to find people to connect with, region locking and others sleeping while you're there wont help you much, hehe.
  • Misfit702Misfit702 Member Posts: 15

Well hello there Fogged! I am an active player in Neverwinter in the Grievance guild on Dragon server. Grievance is a HUGE guild that is currently active in many MMO's. We have a large active player base strewn about several MMO's and various other games as well.  I was looking not too long ago for the exact same thing you were. Then I found these guys and have been happy ever since. Here is a website link that you can go to. Hit up the forums and look at all the MMO categories and post an application in any game of your choice and a moderator will hook you up. Make sure you read and understand the charter as well.  http://www.grievancegaming.org/

Looking forward to seeing you in game!

• phuzionzphuzionz Member UncommonPosts: 23

I'm in the same boat.

I'd like a group of friends that will play games together.

I used to have that. We were a group of 6 people and we moved from whatever game to the next whenever we felt the previous game offered no more challenge. We were all hardcore, mixed genders and different playstyles so class conflicting was a rare occurrence; it was great.

I'm 19 and quite lonely when it comes to games. I've found myself defaulting to League of Legends simply because I can't find anything else.

I'm definitely down to search alongside you with for a game that we can play together. I personally want to hit the ground running on a new game (I don't like to feel behind), but regardless - I will make a compromise so WE can hit the ground running :)

"There is only one way to happiness and that is to cease worrying about things which are beyond the power of our will."

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by fogged2

It's been about 3 years since I played an mmo with anyone. I miss having friends. I miss being able to group content and having fun socially.

I'm 22 year old university student. I've been MMOing since 1999 starting with EQ1. If anyone's out there that is in the same boat as me, or if anyone has relatively small community that wants more in a game, please let me know. I'm pretty much willing to play any game.

Go out and meet people. It is easier and better than in a game.

• Fish_TacosFish_Tacos Member UncommonPosts: 45
    I've noticed a lot of lonely gamer threads popping up in these forums in the last couple of days. How about some of you guys that feel this way start a guild and pick a game to play together?

Originally posted by Fish_Tacos
    I've noticed a lot of lonely gamer threads popping up in these forums in the last couple of days. How about some of you guys that feel this way start a guild and pick a game to play together?

You may be on to something here...

Still waiting for the OP to respond / PM me :(

"There is only one way to happiness and that is to cease worrying about things which are beyond the power of our will."

• BJC289BJC289 Member UncommonPosts: 31

I've had a hard time finding gamer friends that aren't huge douches. Especially ones that dont have a huge ego and look into a mirror 24/7. lol.

I'm looking for cool people to game with for a long period of time. People I can eventually call 'good friends'. My time zone PST, located in California. I'm twenty-four. I'm a pretty laid back dude who is pretty random, humble and most certainly not an elitist dickhead. i can be competitive, but I in no way talk down to my team mates. Not ever. 

I like a huge array of game genres, so I'm down for just about any game. I just hope it isn't something like Hello Kitty. xD

I have been wanting to try to get into Guild Wars 2. But I honestly feel like it's a game I'd only be able to play if I had some cool people to play with. 

If you want to play some games and do some voice chat sometime just pm me, I'd be glad to.

Also

Originally posted by phuzionz
    Originally posted by Fish_Tacos

You may be on to something here...

Still waiting for the OP to respond / PM me :(

He will reply to you bro, I'm pretty sure he's just getting his University stuff together. If his University already started, he's probably in class until about a certain time, depending on his timezone. That, or he's studying before doing anything else. :D

Since we're both people who are looking for some chill gamer friends maybe we could find a game and bro down. haha

• mtglfgmtglfg Member Posts: 1

I am in the same boat,  friends don't play games much anymore so I am stuck solo'ing MMOs.

I usually like MMOs with decent PvP but even PvE would be fun if there is good grouping content.

Not too many MMO launches coming up ( FFXIV and Dragon Prophet ) so I would be ok with jumping into an older game.

If this thread catches the attention of even 6-10 people we should be able to get something going.

-Mark... 

• ShrillyShrilly Member UncommonPosts: 421
    Originally posted by mtglfg

I am in the same boat,  friends don't play games much anymore so I am stuck solo'ing MMOs.

I usually like MMOs with decent PvP but even PvE would be fun if there is good grouping content.

Not too many MMO launches coming up ( FFXIV and Dragon Prophet ) so I would be ok with jumping into an older game.

If this thread catches the attention of even 6-10 people we should be able to get something going.

-Mark... 

Im down to the hizzee

• BJC289BJC289 Member UncommonPosts: 31
    Originally posted by Shrilly

Im down to the hizzee

Same here.

• DratkhornDratkhorn Member UncommonPosts: 4
    Yeah i'd be totes down for a new game. I promise i'm not a douche!
  • GregorioGregorio Member UncommonPosts: 19

Hello Lonely Gamers!

Paradigm is recruiting more players for our upcoming Final Fantasy guild...err Free Company. We are a laid-back social community with a focus on raiding progression. But you don't have to be a raider to join Paradigm. We have several members who enjoy doing things other than raiding. We are not elitist players who bash on others for not knowing how to play. Most of us are very helpful, some of which will even go out of their way to lend a hand. And even though we are not always playing the same game, we still usually hang out in Mumble to shoot the **** while keeping each other company.

I saw somebody mention region and time. So we are primarily a NA EST guild. However, we have several members spread across the states and Canada and have had previous members from different parts of the world. Also, while are raid team does work on progressing through raid content, we are not world first seekers. We have always progressed well on our own time. We were one of the top guilds on our SWTOR server.

If ya'll would like to learn more, you can see our Final Fantasy recruitment post here on MMORPG or can visit our site at http://paradigm.enjin.com.

And even if you decide Paradigm is not the place for you, I do hope you all find some people to play with, because games are more fun with others.

I've sent out PMs to those I think shared the MMO loneliness.

Lets try and remedy this disease.

:)

• ShrillyShrilly Member UncommonPosts: 421
    Originally posted by phuzionz

I've sent out PMs to those I think shared the MMO loneliness.

Lets try and remedy this disease.

:)

Go geter nice im on board

• korbzykorbzy Member Posts: 30
    Well it just depends what games your into, pve, pvp, sandbox, fps, strategy, cartoon, real life, sci fi.

Plenty of great games out there. Im currently playing darkfall since ive moved on from wow and absolutely love it. Its great if you like working in a clan and being apart of a community. I feel once you join a clan your more then something because your actually building cities together and attacking other clans. Your clan are your mates, family and will fight for you.

So this is the reason why I love this game. Ask yourself what are you looking for in a game
  • fogged2fogged2 Member Posts: 11
    Originally posted by Agoden
    Not really properly contributing here, but you should add a country and maybe time zone to your post :) makes it a lot easier to find people to connect with, region locking and others sleeping while you're there wont help you much, hehe.

I beg to differ. I felt silly. Thank you :)

• fogged2fogged2 Member Posts: 11
    Originally posted by botrytis

Go out and meet people. It is easier and better than in a game.

I'm 22 years old and in college. You would think meeting people was easy. But when next to no one has your related interests, it's very hard to keep a friendship in such a stressful environment. 

Basically, I tried. :/

• ThegoodlolThegoodlol Member CommonPosts: 64
    Hey I would like to join you guys, I haven't played MMORPG's for a few years now and I'm looking for a gaming partner or guild. I don't mind playing older games too.
  • KiyonoriKiyonori Member UncommonPosts: 70

EDIT*

I'm currently in the United States, Florida. So im on the EST time zone.  (Thanks for that comment)

Also I sent everyone a PM with my skype name. If I missed you, my skype name is : fogged2 . 

I look forward to hearing from everyone. It was really heart warming to wake up and see this thread  getting attention. And other people like me out there.

I genuinely hope we can maybe get something started, and have a nice group of people to play a "social" game with. 

The only messenger I use anymore is steam, but if you guys finally decide on a game to play I'd join you. I'm not into moba's or anything too pvp heavy (having played daoc for years I kind of burned out on pvp, that and I've yet to find a pvp system in a mmo that was even half as good) but everything else old or new is fair game to me. I'm also EST.

• slygamer1979slygamer1979 Member UncommonPosts: 101

I'm always looking to play with people but too lazy to really post about it and i live in Florida too lol

steam name slyfox5679 

i have a buttload of games just need motive and someone to play them with lol.