Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Exclusive DnL videos now posted!

AxemAxem Member Posts: 1

Our friends at [http://www.heian.cn] SnailGames the asian DnL publisher have allowed us to post some new videos from the beta test. Please come check them out at http://www.ebonlore.org/movies/index.php

 

«13

Comments

  • ippoippo Member Posts: 108

    good post things look a little brighter for me now.

  • Shinob1Shinob1 Member Posts: 4

    thx for the link

  • EolainEolain Member Posts: 5

    Ok, I get up the database with movies, but when I click on them i can´t find a donwload link, where is it?

  • fulmanfufulmanfu Member Posts: 1,523

    you got to register, its worth it. some good watching there.

  • dakariosdakarios Member Posts: 13


    Originally posted by fulmanfu
    you got to register, its worth it. some good watching there.
    Problem: I can register on ebonlore.org, but do not get an activation email.

    Any chance you send me your login data so I can d/l the files and put them up on my own server for others to d/l?

  • tsr56tsr56 Member Posts: 98
    good god those videos look like pure crap.. it really does look like an alpha..
  • Krell38Krell38 Member Posts: 23

    The pvp looked really boring. No one died (unless they were newbies) because they all had inventories full of healing potions that healed them up to full health. Whats the point of a healer if everyone can carry around all those super potions?

  • PhoenixsPhoenixs Member Posts: 2,646

    Oh shit. That was terrible ::::06::::::07:: The only thing that looked decent was the Dragon flying, and only the flying itself. I think they should hire a better animation team, combat needs speed and action and pls remove the bloody sound from each footstep a monster does! Then I might be able to play the game ::::05::

  • JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321



    Originally posted by Phoenixs

    Oh shit. That was terrible ::::06::::::07:: The only thing that looked decent was the Dragon flying, and only the flying itself.



    Gee what a surprise......not

    I miss DAoC

  • -Inferno--Inferno- Staff WriterMember UncommonPosts: 325

    Hehe, the cold reality is slowly setting in. *sits back and enjoys the view*

    "Fire is never a gentle master..."

  • LordAnubisLordAnubis Member Posts: 112



    Originally posted by Jackdog



    Originally posted by Phoenixs

    Oh shit. That was terrible ::::06::::::07:: The only thing that looked decent was the Dragon flying, and only the flying itself.



    Gee what a surprise......not



    Have you actully seen the vids yet Jack .... You 2 inferno i for one was surprized about what i saw
  • OrccOrcc Member Posts: 3,043


    Originally posted by LordAnubis
    Originally posted by Jackdog
    Originally posted by Phoenixs
    Oh shit. That was terrible The only thing that looked decent was the Dragon flying, and only the flying itself.
    Gee what a surprise......notHave you actully seen the vids yet Jack .... You 2 inferno i for one was surprized about what i saw

    I was surprised as well.

    Its actually worse than I thought.

    The only thing that was decent was the music, which I think was actually done quite well. The battle music could have been a bit better but otherwise it wasnt too bad.

    image
  • -Inferno--Inferno- Staff WriterMember UncommonPosts: 325

    I don't need to see the vids ya know ;)

    "Fire is never a gentle master..."

  • ZippyZippy Member Posts: 1,412



    Originally posted by LordAnubis

     
    Have you actully seen the vids .... i for one was surprized about what i saw


    I saw the videos yesterday before they put in the registration requirement.  They were bad and looked like they were made by a 3rd rate amateur company.  The golem video was awful and golem mob looked very ugly.  Overall the graphics looked worse than Horizons.  But to be fair they are supposed to be redoing a lot of the models and textures.  It is also hard to see on a video.  It could look better in game.  The animations, the character models, the music. the UI all looked 3-4 years out of date.  The combat looked very bad in the golem video.  Overall the videos were slightly better than I expected as I was expecting something along the lines of Irth Online like poor quality.

    But even if the videos are bad the real proof will come Monday when the servers open.  A game doesen't need top of the line graphics it just needs some minimum standard to attract people.  But what will keep them is not the graphics but good gameplay and fun combat.  We only could get a glimpse of that in the videos.  It didn't look good.  But that is a quick judgement.  While all the signs may point to a failure of Mourning like proportions we have not actually played the game.  Lets play the game for a week or two and then see what we all think.  Who knows we might like it.  Here is hoping we all enjoy SoG.


     

  • NewbertNewbert Member Posts: 33

    I dunno, it looked just like SWG to me. Their not the greatest graphics in the world , but if the gameplay is good it will hardly matter to me.

    It doesn't look that bad in my opinion.

     

  • tsr56tsr56 Member Posts: 98
    swg was released in 2003.. its almost 2006..
  • DravenDraven Member UncommonPosts: 29

    I cant believe people are just now realizing how bad this game is going to be...

  • RigamortisRigamortis Member UncommonPosts: 206
    Wow...those are some craptastic videos.  I knew it was going to be like this over a year ago when I seen the "demo" at E3.  I am a fair minded person and will hold off my review of the game until I play it on the 13th.  I am definately disappointed in the graphics at this stage of the game considering it is 2 years past due,  but graphics are not the ONLY thing that makes a game.

  • LordAnubisLordAnubis Member Posts: 112

    Actully as inferno said ( get the hint) these video as i BELIVE it to be make the game look alot worse graphicly than it actully is but thats for your minds to make up

     

    But TBH the game isnt EQ2 but i would rate the GFx better than horizons and swg

  • JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321

    Every one who is thinking that the craptastic graphics and poor animation can be overridden by quality game play should take a look at the released skill trees and then think to themselves about the odds of that coming to pass. Combine crappy graphics with sub par game design, stir in a ton of hype and you have a recipe for DnL.

    And just for the record Anubuis if DnL's graphics were on par with Horizons it would constitute a helluva improvement over what they have now. Of course that is just my opinion. You will have a chance to find out for yourself next week provided they do not delay again...and they can get their servers working

     

    I miss DAoC

  • -Inferno--Inferno- Staff WriterMember UncommonPosts: 325

    Horizons was more fun imo. It had real good crafting at least ::::28::

    "Fire is never a gentle master..."

  • elvigyelvigy Member CommonPosts: 249


    Originally posted by Zippy
    Originally posted by LordAnubis
    Have you actully seen the vids .... i for one was surprized about what i saw


    I saw the videos yesterday before they put in the registration requirement. They were bad and looked like they were made by a 3rd rate amateur company. The golem video was awful and golem mob looked very ugly. Overall the graphics looked worse than Horizons. But to be fair they are supposed to be redoing a lot of the models and textures. It is also hard to see on a video. It could look better in game. The animations, the character models, the music. the UI all looked 3-4 years out of date. The combat looked very bad in the golem video. Overall the videos were slightly better than I expected as I was expecting something along the lines of Irth Online like poor quality.
    But even if the videos are bad the real proof will come Monday when the servers open. A game doesen't need top of the line graphics it just needs some minimum standard to attract people. But what will keep them is not the graphics but good gameplay and fun combat. We only could get a glimpse of that in the videos. It didn't look good. But that is a quick judgement. While all the signs may point to a failure of Mourning like proportions we have not actually played the game. Lets play the game for a week or two and then see what we all think. Who knows we might like it. Here is hoping we all enjoy SoG.



    I'm with Zippy. We'll have to see. I hope these are older videos or are being taken on sub-optimal systems. I have to say I don't care for them either. Some are good, mainly the ones of flying and such. Some are plain bad. The worms fight (one of the first currently listed) looked pretty bad. The main problem is combat. It looks slow, and, well, kinda odd. There was a later one that looked better, some kind of dev sponsored battle. Still wasn't WoW type quick-action combat, but was acceptable. And no, don't start flaming. I'm not looking for WoW graphics and don't care that much about graphics, but would like it to be reasonable even by the standards of the engine. In other words, it looks like combat is not what it could be within the limits of the engine they are using. Definitely needs tweaking if the worms fight is considered an accurate and current portrait of where the game currently is.

    I guess we'll find out. But I am going to hold off on using my Pioneer key, lol, until some reviews come in.

  • FercoFerco Member Posts: 53

    Yeah those videos weren't really good. I'm hoping that those were not run on t he highest settings. I guess I'll see on Monday.

  • ZippyZippy Member Posts: 1,412



    Originally posted by -Inferno-

    Horizons was more fun imo. It had real good crafting at least ::::28::



    I am with you on Horizons Inferno.  I loved the crafting there.  It was very good.  I look back on Horizons with such a feeling of loss as the game truly had potential.  A crafting system like that combined with good gameplay would be a dream.
  • indiindi Member Posts: 149

    I don't think the graphic is bad at all... The thing I'm worried about is actually the gameplay of DnL. The movies even confirmed my negative expections in regards of the gameplay. It's far away from being smooth from what I see. Especially fighting scenes.

Sign In or Register to comment.