Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New server will come out while current servers barely have enough players in them...

2»

Comments

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    Originally posted by angelknight4

so enough people take actions to force the company to change.

you don't pay much attention to world events and how the Chinese seem to culturally view authority, do you?

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• angelknight4angelknight4 Member Posts: 98
    Originally posted by bcbully
    Originally posted by park97
    Originally posted by Sukiyaki

Welcome to every Chinese F2P MMO ever.

New server is a typicial business practise in Chinese MMOs to keep old player occupied with a reroll and attract new player to try the game from "start", because on old server they can rarely or only with much effort catch up with other player and/or the beginning part of the game became too desolate.

One month 5 server are opened, the next month 5 others are closed and the following month 5 new ones are opened up and so on, while not even half are filled. Thats pretty common occurence in Chinese MMOs.

Sorry to burst your bubble, this is the best MMO in the market, they don't have to do those cheap tricks to attract players. I don't know where you get the idea of this opening new servers and closing old servers, too much crack?

This is the best MMO in the market, millions of dollars pumped in into the continuation of the R&D of this game, this game will only get better and better. It's a smart move for snail USA to open a new server.

Except you missed 8 months of using cheap tricks to attract players.

What does this mean? What the hell are you talking about?

Recycle news to keep their news at the top. Create new server now while current servers has so low population. Recycle events each month with new name, granted this July there are some truly new events, but some of them actually recycle for months already.

Again, what the hell are you talking about? In the same sentence you say recycle, the nsay granted there are new. wth? Old news to stay on top of where? Geez

How is this game the best MMO? Every MMO games said they are the best, but then again they also have low population and some of them are not even managed to get out of beta stage.

What does this have to do with the price of tea in China??

And I agree that new servers is a smart MARKETING move, but again it serves nothing to help the current players or low server population.

Low because you say so? I say they are high.

Isn't there some type of forum rule against type of stuff?

[mod edit]

By the way, you can say server is high all you want, no rules against that, but reality is server is all time low as in this post:

http://www.ageofwushu.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14084

Clearly it shows server population gone down so much, but hey, you can say it's high if you want.

Or the comment about server merge here:

http://www.ageofwushu.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14076

[mod edit].

• DeitylightDeitylight Member UncommonPosts: 103
    Originally posted by bcbully
    Originally posted by park97
    Originally posted by Sukiyaki

Welcome to every Chinese F2P MMO ever.

New server is a typicial business practise in Chinese MMOs to keep old player occupied with a reroll and attract new player to try the game from "start", because on old server they can rarely or only with much effort catch up with other player and/or the beginning part of the game became too desolate.

One month 5 server are opened, the next month 5 others are closed and the following month 5 new ones are opened up and so on, while not even half are filled. Thats pretty common occurence in Chinese MMOs.

Sorry to burst your bubble, this is the best MMO in the market, they don't have to do those cheap tricks to attract players. I don't know where you get the idea of this opening new servers and closing old servers, too much crack?

This is the best MMO in the market, millions of dollars pumped in into the continuation of the R&D of this game, this game will only get better and better. It's a smart move for snail USA to open a new server.

Except you missed 8 months of using cheap tricks to attract players.

What does this mean? What the hell are you talking about?

Recycle news to keep their news at the top. Create new server now while current servers has so low population. Recycle events each month with new name, granted this July there are some truly new events, but some of them actually recycle for months already.

Again, what the hell are you talking about? In the same sentence you say recycle, the nsay granted there are new. wth? Old news to stay on top of where? Geez

How is this game the best MMO? Every MMO games said they are the best, but then again they also have low population and some of them are not even managed to get out of beta stage.

What does this have to do with the price of tea in China??

And I agree that new servers is a smart MARKETING move, but again it serves nothing to help the current players or low server population.

Low because you say so? I say they are high.

Isn't there some type of forum rule against type of stuff?

Sadly there are no rules against lying to promote or advertise the game. You can lie, spread rumors and misleading information for as long as you like.

However, as soon as you post facts about the state of the game and if it is "TOO NEGATIVE", you will get ban.

By the way, you can say server is high all you want, no rules against that, but reality is server is all time low as in this post:

http://www.ageofwushu.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14084

Clearly it shows server population gone down so much, but hey, you can say it's high if you want.

Or the comment about server merge here:

http://www.ageofwushu.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14076

It seems my post again is "TOO NEGATIVE", I may get ban.

Looks like they wised up and are going to merge servers in the mere future.

Still why the hell open a new server!?

Originally posted by Deitylight
    Looks like they wised up and are going to merge servers in the mere future.
    Still why the hell open a new server!

This happens a lot in CN servers. They open a bunch of new servers to get people to rush in there to spend money, this is normal in F2P games to get people to join with bandwagon mentality.

Then after a while, all those new servers will have less and less players to the almost empty in some cases, then they merge them together and then open new servers with new big updates.

Repeat that over and over, it's normal procedure in CN, so they just repeat that here. Also, that is the only way they can compete with Age of Wulin with recently OBT.

• tayevtayev Member Posts: 8
    Im a new player 2 weeks new. The big towns are empty. But there are still new pkayera joining all the time.

I think new server is good. Gives me a chance to expriwnce the game with out max level killing me.

Alot of people I know are going to creeate a toon on the new server too.

This is a way to merge server and make money for the company.
    Originally posted by tayev
    Im a new player 2 weeks new. The big towns are empty. But there are still new pkayera joining all the time.

I think new server is good. Gives me a chance to expriwnce the game with out max level killing me.

Alot of people I know are going to creeate a toon on the new server too.

This is a way to merge server and make money for the company.

This is the reason why new players join new servers, I can fully understand that.

However, this game is not a game where you have new servers every big updates. This is due to the sheer amount of time require to level up your skills and internal.

I have waited almost 9 months for 4th skill set and many skills from CN servers. I sometimes wish I stay on CN servers because it is more fun simply with more players and skills are dirt cheap there.

It is required players time to level internals and then go farm instances for materials, then make equipment with it. The new servers would require a long long time for this, during this time, the economic will be really unstable with everything so expensive.

Anyway, to sum it up, other games, it is good idea to play on new servers since you can easily get everything within a month or so, but not with this game where you require at least 4+ months and everything is based solely on the rest of the population.

Furthermore, there are cap everywhere that limit your ability to level or farm, it is based entirely on TIME PROGRESSION, so it will take the same time to get there regardless how much effort or time you put in.Then that's not even mentioned soft-cap put in place by the company to prevent P2W elements.

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973

Still keeping an eye on the game in hopes of some miraculous turn around in practice, but it seems less and less likely that this turn around is going to happen.

Adding a new server has benefits normally that kind of outweigh the bad. New expansion being in and "more" fixes to the game but the exploits and hacks are just as free as they were some months ago by my understanding so starting a new server becomes moot once all the botters and exploiters join in on the newer server.

Not much more to see before I completely wipe this game off my radar. I refuse to touch it again until I see some drastic changes in their (Snail Games USA) work ethic.

PM before you report at least or you could just block.