Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Decently Populated or Ghost Town?

I'm looking for a side-MMO to kill some time.  Are the remaining Vanguard servers decently populated?  Nothing brings me down more in an MMO than rarely seeing or interacting with other players.

Thanks!

Comments

• KamikazeKiteKamikazeKite Member Posts: 38
    More than enough for me when i had it going. Only reason i didnt stay is the lack of pvp apart from pvp its a great game.
  • BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768

Well I just logged in the other day and there were a fair number of players in the starter town.  Definitely not a ghost town.  And I figure if people are there, there has to be a few elsewhere as well.   

However I think its safe to say at this point, the population in the game is probably not huge.

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

• RollieJoeRollieJoe Member UncommonPosts: 451
    I didn't see a single other person in 5+ hours of playing.   Maybe just the newbie areas are completely empty, I dunno, but I didn't stay around to find out.
  • cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117
    Even when the servers were bustling you could find areas to adventure that were secluded gems. The game world is just huge. If  for some reason EQN turns out bad.. Which I am liking what little i am seeing so far. But if it does not impress. I might end up finally heading back to Telon.
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531

OK, thanks for the info.

Is there any kind of global chat to allow new players to get in touch with elders?

• cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117
    Yes. Used to be continent chat. Don't know if that's changed.
  • DirkinDirkin Member Posts: 78

It's definitely not a ghost town, there's plenty of people actually playing. I'm not going to try and call it big though.

It is possible to have some bad luck and catch an area particularly empty sometimes, especially if you play at off hours. Most of the common areas almost always have people in them though, and if you're not trying to play at some crazy hour, you should be able to find people easily enough. Chat always has folks in it.

The region channels (main ooc chat) are separated by continent, so if you're on Thestra, the people on Qalia and Kojan can't hear you. They recently added a specific LFG channel recently which spans the world, but you have to enable it in your chat window before you can see it.