Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Review.. If your unsure about purchase, here it is.

2»

Comments

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by Mothanos

A true mmorpg will force you to group with other people or you dont make progress.
    GW2 you dont speak to people around you, you dont party or group up.
    You just do you thing and leave without saying a word.....

This sounds like a true mmo to you buddy ?
    WoW not a true mmo rpg ?
    Ever played Vanila wow ? there were quests you needed a party for.
    There were class quests you needed a party or a 40 men raid for.

You can see the new generation of mmo players live here at MMORPG.

What makes you think an mmorpg forces folks to group in order for it to be a true mmorpg? 

And who's fault is this? I played Mists of Pandaria from level 1 to level cap, no guild, and no grouping. GW2 is no different than any other mmorpg! Ask in chat and people will join you. /shrug

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281
    Originally posted by Gaia_Hunter

A true mmorpg will force you to group with other people or you dont make progress.

WoW not a true mmo rpg ?

A true MMORPG is about playing with other people.

GW2 fits the bill.

Probably you play with other people much more time in GW2 than in other MMORPGs since it isn't a pain to play with - they don't take your xp, no fighting for drops, no fighting for resource nodes.

You mean play around other people don't you? Not really so much play with them, talk to them, plan, stick together etc.

Assuming your not in a guild, if you took out all the other players in GW2 and replaced them with NPC's given player type names and had them on a AI to run around doing quests how long would it take you to notice the difference?

Sure their are many people playing in GW2 at the same time. However many of GW features make it FEEL like your playing a solo game as the OP pointed out. No one ever needs to talk, there's a real lack of sense of group as everyone is just running around doing their own thing which may or may not at times be the same as what your doing. A More anti-social MMORPG of loners is hard to find.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by winter
    Originally posted by Gaia_Hunter

WoW not a true mmo rpg ?

A true MMORPG is about playing with other people.

GW2 fits the bill.

Probably you play with other people much more time in GW2 than in other MMORPGs since it isn't a pain to play with - they don't take your xp, no fighting for drops, no fighting for resource nodes.

You mean play around other people don't you? Not really so much play with them, talk to them, plan, stick together etc.

Assuming your not in a guild, if you took out all the other players in GW2 and replaced them with NPC's given player type names and had them on a AI to run around doing quests how long would it take you to notice the difference?

Sure their are many people playing in GW2 at the same time. However many of GW features make it FEEL like your playing a solo game as the OP pointed out. No one ever needs to talk, there's a real lack of sense of group as everyone is just running around doing their own thing which may or may not at times be the same as what your doing. A More anti-social MMORPG of loners is hard to find.

Compared to what if any mmorpg? They are all the same! There isn't an mmorpg out that you have to group in right now. Level cap can be acquired solo by you in Rift, WoW, or any of them. 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• Homura235Homura235 Member UncommonPosts: 167
    In my personal experience (which is a lot with MMOs), I just decide which MMO I want to play and then dedicate my time to it. Once you "get sucked in" to playing every day it is no longer boring. The more you play, the more you find to do and the more you want to do. For example, once I got 2 characters up to level 80 in GW2 I decided to go for World Completion, which took about 4-5 months...now with all the new content being released every 2 weeks and (slowly) working on my Legendary Weapon stuff, I find that I do not get bored with the game. Plus, GW2 really is the best MMO out right now (why do you think EQN is copying so much from them?)