Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chaos SM class speculations.

From what we have gleamed from the few tib-bits of information given out on Behaviour Interactive behalf we can assume that we can expect the stereotypical shadowed variants of CSM classes like raptors to assault marines, chaos terminators to terminators havocs to devastators etc. But what about the apothecary?

Sorcerers could be a possible candidate although from a lore perspective sorcerers tend to be greatly distrustful to CSMs in general especially since most of the time they tend to look out for their own agenda rather than that of the legions or hosts Warlord. And I can only imagine them being the more of the blasting and cursing of sorts than one to look out for the general well fair of the war bands fighting capabilities. I'm sure if the story is clever Nurgle devoted sorcerers or of that nature can be forced or pacted to work with the other CSM legions though it'd have to be a fairly strong or binding pact/agreement.

Another possibility could be genetic possessed flesh crafters who could meld the flesh of the CSM and inject them with a series of potent drugs and adrenalins fuelled by foul demonic alchemy and sciences, though they are very loosely mentioned CSM variant and are only plentiful in war bands who pay particular homage to Slaanesh so again there would need to be strong lore binding reasons for them to stick their necks out for this particular crusade.

Then there's the possibility of dark apostles from the Word Bearers Legion. I'd admit they aren't exactly the most plentiful of CSM variants but they are perfect to fit the bill of on the field support roles. They spout sermons of dark faith in the name of their dark gods perform ritual sacrifice and on occasion summon and control small hordes of daemons. Once more this particular special units presence on this crusade would have to be explained. Perhaps the Word Bears have a stake in this Crusade and fear that the CSM legions have a stagnated leadership and feel the need to have many apostles fielded to ensure that their purpose and cause are not forgetten...as well as to further the Word Bearers own ends.

But anyway much of what I've gleamed of Chaos is from the codex's and novels provided in my short life span of 20yrs so forgive me if I've left anything major out or haven't detailed more in certain favourable aspects.

Comments

• irpugbossirpugboss Member UncommonPosts: 427

Based on the Space Marine class picture I will go with Raptor, CSM Devestator, Chaos Terminator, and Chaos Space Marine or Chaos Apothecary equivalent.

-Raptor...perhaps a flying possessed marine if they are getting creative and want more of the chaos demons to show through.

-CSM Devestator...maybe an Obliterator ^

-Chaos Terminator...maybe a Mutilator ^

-Chaos Space Marine....maybe customizable like a tac marine by loadout of Khorne Berserker, Thousand Son, Plague Marine, Noise marine.

If they implement psykers then Sorcerer will be a must have on the list.

• WarheroJangoWarheroJango Member UncommonPosts: 8
    Originally posted by krage

Based on the Space Marine class picture I will go with Raptor, CSM Devestator, Chaos Terminator, and Chaos Space Marine or Chaos Apothecary equivalent.

-Raptor...perhaps a flying possessed marine if they are getting creative and want more of the chaos demons to show through.

-CSM Devestator...maybe an Obliterator ^

-Chaos Terminator...maybe a Mutilator ^

-Chaos Space Marine....maybe customizable like a tac marine by loadout of Khorne Berserker, Thousand Son, Plague Marine, Noise marine.

If they implement psykers then Sorcerer will be a must have on the list.

I have thought about the more flavourable chaotic varients. I personaly hope that they will introduce the possesed as an indiual class, sort've like the marauder from warhammer fanatasy but with alot of mutating flavour.

Mutilators and Obliterators work off of the advancement of a chaos terminator veteran looking to become more luquritive or have fallen into a state of insantiry crazily looking for more bigger guns or bigger and better melee weapons. On a termantor to terminator level mutilators and oblitorators would be abit too powerful (unless the SM varient are vetern or wield a similer dispostion of arms) but they can definately be considered for say an advanced class varient or person apperance style to unlock after smashing down 5 wining 3 month campigns.

For raptors you could simply make them up into Warp Talons though possesed varients can work too with wings depends on what angle Behaviour Interactive wants to take with thier customisation.

But I do relish the thought of warp spiders teleporting away from the battle then suddenly a group of Warp Talons flash behind them and gut them to peices then dissapear....... image

• SavijSavij Member Posts: 341

just a note:

foreget everything about demons for the CSM, they dont want them to be a part of them (they want em as an own faction)

be always up to date about Eternal Crusade
    WH40k:EC dev Tracker

Other EC Sites i'm in:
    Dakkadakka Savij
    Reddit EC Savij1337
    EternalCrusader.com Savij

• WarheroJangoWarheroJango Member UncommonPosts: 8
    Originally posted by Savij

just a note:

foreget everything about demons for the CSM, they dont want them to be a part of them (they want em as an own faction)

No demons? Well I guess I can see why since they'd have to bring Grey Knights into the mix.

• mintycmintyc Member Posts: 38

i am expecting CSM's to be a dark and twisted mirror of the space marines when it comes to the class structure. i wouldent be surprised to see a fair number of tweeks to pramote the unhinged and brutal nature of CSM's.

this of corse depends on how they intend to handle deity specific aspects of the CSM. if they go the legions rout some players may complain that they cant play all the class types ( sorcorer, dark apostle  etc..) if they stick to lore. conversely if we see a khorne sorcerer or a dark apostle who is not a word bearer (they may get away with warbands) we will see apocalyptic levels of nerd rage from the community.

my personal preferance would be a more individual system that reflects the unstrucutred (compeared to a loyal SM) way most CSM's dark path has taken them.

you start out by selecting your starting legion, warband or even loyalist chapter you have betrayed (unforgiven/fallen meta game anyone?). this would then limit your deity choices, say you pick the world eater legion, this gives you the choice of ether khorn or chaos undivided and restricts you from the other 3. for another example the iron warriors may only allow chaos undivided while the black legion may allow all deitys.

it is this deity choice that gives you access to the specializations you can play as. so khorn CSM would have access to the bezerker speciality added but would be restricted form being sorcerer and so on. chaos undivided would be unrestricted but not have access to any of the deity specific specilizations.

the only exception i could see to the restriction on deity specific aspects would be the word bearers as they are very big on worshiping all aspects of chaos, but even that may be a bit to lore streching.

• StMichaelStMichael Member Posts: 183

Well they have said that they're taking an asymmetrical approach to balance. There won't be any sort of matching between Eldar, Orks and Space Marines, so I get the feeling there will be some distinctive differences in class choice between SM and CSM. 

My bet? Tactical, havoc, possessed, and sorcerer. 

• freakishbeanfreakishbean Member UncommonPosts: 176
    Raptors. All ya need.

Needing is Wanting...
    Wanting is Coveting...
    Coveting is Sinning...
    I am SO going to Hell.

• BeerSamuraiBeerSamurai Member Posts: 69

Well how many classes will there be?

I mean tactical, Havoc and Raptor are shoo-ins, but how many other classes will there be?  The basic 3 + 1 faction exclusive?

I think that to fulfill every function on the battlefield I think there'd be more than that.   To make sure nothing gets weird I think they'll stick to Chaos Undivided unless specified.

They'll probably have someone who specializes in working/maintaining vehicles so someone from the Dark Mechanicum, most likely someone from the Iron Warriors..

They're gonna want to have some sort of counter to the walking tanks that are Terminators.  So they might have some special unlockable class of Chaos Terminator Armor.

Dreah I'm yunk, wazzit matter to you?

• Captain_SlaughtahCaptain_Slaughtah Member Posts: 5

My guess of the class tree system :

-->Basic Classes :

-Chaos Tactical Space Marine->Aspiring Champion->Warband/God Specific Variants (Rubric Marine/Plague Marine/etc.)->Warband/God Specific Variants of Champions (Skull Champion/Plague Champion/etc.)->

-Raptor->Aspiring Raptor Champion->Aspiring Warband/God Specific Raptor Champion or Warp Talon->Warp Talon Champion or Warband/God Specific Raptor Champion

-Havoc->Aspiring Havoc Champion->Havoc Champion->

-Chaos Psyker->Sorcerer->Aspiring Sorcerer (ranged+support) or Sorcerer Lord (ranged+offensive)->Sorcerer Lord Champion->

-->Suggested/Special Classes :

-Chaos Techmarine->Hellsmith->Warpsmith->

-Icon BearerI->Chaos Apothecary or Chaos Chaplain->

-Chaos Possessed Marine->Aspiring Possessed Marine Champion-> Mutilator (melee) or Obliterator (ranged)->

-->Limited Classes (not permanent , these classes can be used for money/resource/credits and if the user dies the class will go to cooldown and the user will be able to play with his other non-limited classes , again)

-LvL60 anything can spawn as->Chaos (Assault or ranged) Terminator->Chaos Terminator Champion->

-LvL70 anything and chosen by the "Guild" can spawn as->Chaos Dreadnought (Warband/God Specific Variants)->Venerable or Contemptor Dreadnought->Helbrute->

-->Endgame Classes :

-LvL90 anything and chosen by the War Council->Chaos Lord->

-LvL100 Chaos Lord and chosen by the War Council->Ascended Lord (between Chaos Lord and Chaos Prince)->

-LvL666 Chaos Ascended and chosen by the War Council->Daemon Prince->

-->"Just for the Fun" Classes :

-LvL10000 and chosen by the Dark Gods->Daemon Primarch->

-LvL1000000 and approved by all gods->Chaos God

btw this is my version of a Chaos Space Marine Class Tree... feel free to correct my list if you saw some stupid/wrong things about it... I know that it is a "little" unaccurate and/or unpossible to create...

• BeerSamuraiBeerSamurai Member Posts: 69

Daemon Prince no.  The balance alone would be a nightmare and a half.

Instead of just being a Lord, you might be able to take a patron and advance based on that.

Khorne grants increased damage all around. 

Nurgle grants huge defense boost.

Tzeentch reduces cooldowns and allows rudimentary psyker abilities without needing to be a sorcerer.

Slaanesh um....I can't think of anything that doesn't make it a XXX game.

Undivided allows you to access all the Gods boons just not to the same extent as other dedicated followers.  He can switch one for another.

Dreah I'm yunk, wazzit matter to you?

• XavianValakhirXavianValakhir Member Posts: 11

No end-game classes, Slaughtah. God, no... A couple advanced classes would be fun, but preferably with timers on how soon you can respawn as one. I don't want to see the field littered with power-levelled Termis, Obliterators, and Possessed Marines.

I hope that we get to choose between Emperor's Children, World Eaters, Death Guard, Thousand Sons, and one of the Undivided legions and have our God affiliation based on that alone. On top of that, a legion-specific class would be awesome.

I'd agree with the idea of a small bonus based on your God affiliation. Just a slight augment that falls in line with the ideology of one serving that God, but not enough to pigeonhole roles. Below is the direction I'm thinking for the tiny bonus and unique classes.

• Khorne - Melee damage and Khornate Berzerkers
    • Tzeentch - Energy regen or skill cooldown (for some abilities, depending on how abilities, specifically psyker types, will work if included at all) and Rubric Marines
    • Nurgle - Health or defence and Plague Marines
    • Slaanesh - Moves/sprint speed and Noise Marines
    • Chaos Undivided - Bonus/unit based on the legion used (Black Legion would be rad)

With a little imagination, Slaanesh could make a fun faction to follow in-game. I assume orks won't be the only ones with humiliating, funny, and awe-some executions. Slaanesh could have some inspired ones as well... ;)

• Valrak40kValrak40k Member UncommonPosts: 77

Chaos Space Marine class:

• Heretic
    • Heretic
    • Heretic
    • Heretic
    • Heretic
    • Heretic

:P

• Captain_SlaughtahCaptain_Slaughtah Member Posts: 5
    Originally posted by XavianValakhir

No end-game classes, Slaughtah. God, no... A couple advanced classes would be fun, but preferably with timers on how soon you can respawn as one. I don't want to see the field littered with power-levelled Termis, Obliterators, and Possessed Marines.

I hope that we get to choose between Emperor's Children, World Eaters, Death Guard, Thousand Sons, and one of the Undivided legions and have our God affiliation based on that alone. On top of that, a legion-specific class would be awesome.

I'd agree with the idea of a small bonus based on your God affiliation. Just a slight augment that falls in line with the ideology of one serving that God, but not enough to pigeonhole roles. Below is the direction I'm thinking for the tiny bonus and unique classes.

• Khorne - Melee damage and Khornate Berzerkers
    • Tzeentch - Energy regen or skill cooldown (for some abilities, depending on how abilities, specifically psyker types, will work if included at all) and Rubric Marines
    • Nurgle - Health or defence and Plague Marines
    • Slaanesh - Moves/sprint speed and Noise Marines
    • Chaos Undivided - Bonus/unit based on the legion used (Black Legion would be rad)

With a little imagination, Slaanesh could make a fun faction to follow in-game. I assume orks won't be the only ones with humiliating, funny, and awe-some executions. Slaanesh could have some inspired ones as well... ;)

->I was just joking with the last 2 class types... Yes you are right , in a game what is gonna be an MMOTPS focused on PVP it would be unenjoyable to fight against enemies like (player-controlled) Daemon Princes... and when I talked about Termies+Dreadnoughts I pointed out that it would be logical to add cost and cooldown to their classes !!! And about the possessed marine class... I just suggested that... cuz I saw many people who would want to be a possessed marine and it would be weird (i think) if it would be an advancement for a normal chaos tactical marine so i suggest that IF possessed marines will present then they should have a different class... and the obliterators/mutilators are a good/lore-friendly/logical class advancement for a possessed marine !!! But like I said it is a suggestion and I don't defy the fact that an obliterator would be op !!!

->Btw... your legion suggestion and the bonuses which you listed are lore friendly and logical thus I agree about it... this should be present in game... it would give Chaos the feel , like you said... I THINK they already decided that Iron Warriors will be one of the warbands for chaos... maybe they will be the "Undivided" warband ? I hope so because then the others can be God specific like the Thousand Sons (my favorite Chaos warband)...

Originally posted by Captain_Slaughtah                                                                                                                                         I THINK they already decided that Iron Warriors will be one of the warbands for chaos... maybe they will be the "Undivided" warband ? I hope so because then the others can be God specific like the Thousand Sons (my favorite Chaos warband)...

iron warriors are confirmed, and maybe you can see word bearers as confirmed cause on the sec. artwork there is one ^^

Other EC Sites i'm in:
    Dakkadakka Savij
    Reddit EC Savij1337

• irpugbossirpugboss Member UncommonPosts: 427

That screen on the right, is that Black Legion? I think it is, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if they are one of the Chaos Army selections.

Originally posted by krage

That screen on the right, is that Black Legion? I think it is, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if they are one of the Chaos Army selections.

and on the uper left they may be a black templer :O and on the right screen a land raider

Other EC Sites i'm in:
    Dakkadakka Savij
    Reddit EC Savij1337

I consider any of that kind of stuff to be pure speculative material. They could scrap either character skin before launch and anything entailed with them. Assumptions are dangerous where the hypetrain is concerned, so I tread carefully.
    I consider any of that kind of stuff to be pure speculative material. They could scrap either character skin before launch and anything entailed with them. Assumptions are dangerous where the hypetrain is concerned, so I tread carefully.

True, but if they took the time to make the Black Legion (which be assured, that is DEFINITELY Black Legion), then I no doubt firmly believe that they are included in the game.

Needing is Wanting...
    Wanting is Coveting...
    Coveting is Sinning...
    I am SO going to Hell.

Originally posted by freakishbean

True, but if they took the time to make the Black Legion (which be assured, that is DEFINITELY Black Legion), then I no doubt firmly believe that they are included in the game.

But that is where, I would contend, you'd be mistaken. How are we to know, as certain as you, "the time" invested in applying the Black Legion skin? It could be a simple stand-in model. I wouldn't go around with "firm beliefs," because on the off chance the Black Legion isn't one of the immediate options at launch for whatever reason they had to omit it, anyone who saw this leak would cry, "LIES AND HERESY!" and rage until the Warp consumes all matter. Don't fall for it.

Originally posted by freakishbean

But that is where, I would contend, you'd be mistaken. How are we to know, as certain as you, "the time" invested in applying the Black Legion skin? It could be a simple stand-in model. I wouldn't go around with "firm beliefs," because on the off chance the Black Legion isn't one of the immediate options at launch for whatever reason they had to omit it, anyone who saw this leak would cry, "LIES AND HERESY!" and rage until the Warp consumes all matter. Don't fall for it.

Don't worry, I'm not getting my hope *too* high at this early stage. Things always change. Like Aliens: Colonial Marines.

Needing is Wanting...
    Wanting is Coveting...
    Coveting is Sinning...
    I am SO going to Hell.

• GitzStompaGitzStompa Member Posts: 54

I hope they introduce Thousand Sons, a rubic chaos space marine would be intresting to play:)